PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestars

d3spair
Wed Jan 28th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Do any Colorado Springs or Denver stores have Alpinestars suits to try on, was going to order online but have no idea what size I'd be.

Are there any HUGE disadvantages to going with a 2-piece, as I'm 99% a street rider?

Gainer
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Performance Cycle on Broadway just north of Evans has the best selection in town. I hate to say it, but I go there all the time to try on stuff and buy it somewhere else. SHHHH If you are mainly a street rider a 2 piece will do just fine. Even better if you buy both pieces at the same time with a full zip. Just remember, any gear is better than no gear.

SaShWhO
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Astars sizing chart is right on the money so even if you dont have a chance to try it on first ,if you buy online, trust in their chart.
If all fails your welcome to try on mine for size.
I think a two piece is actually better for street riding seeing you can take of the top when you stop for breaks, lunch etc. as opposed to hanging the top half of your backside, not to mention the piece tops have pockets often times whereas the race suit does not.

Tipys
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
in the springs the only place that even has suits is wheel works. the guy i talked to when i went in there looking for a few things was a total dick. but if its just for trying things on go for it i sure he has some alpinestars. also if you mostly ride street then yes a 2 peice but great i use my 1 piece cause its all i have and its a pain in the ass to take with you everywhere when your off the bike.

JohnEffinK
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I was just in Wheel Works last weekend.

He is getting out of gear sales. He has two A* suits - one a 40 and the other I think was a 38. Also on MotoGP suit - size unknown.

John

d3spair
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

matt2778
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
also if you mostly ride street then yes a 2 peice but great i use my 1 piece cause its all i have and its a pain in the ass to take with you everywhere when your off the bike.

And you look funny :lol:

Tipys
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Looking funny now is better then having road rash later

matt2778
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Very true. This year I might think about adding some knee pucks