PDA

View Full Version : "Summer" Jacket?

Vance
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Okay...
I've decided after delivering pizzas for a few nights, and the humidity level being OFF THE FREAKING MAP even at sub-80 degree temps, I need to sacrifice the Grendel Prime jacket and get a summer jacket... something light. Something airy. Something armored. Something black (hey - I know what my favorite color is, so sue me).

So... what is out there you'd recommend as best all around value with protection with comfort? I seem to see everyone wearing Joe Rocket gear around now... so is that the gear to get? What is the model? Any idea who has the best price? And... And... (I wonder if I can get that place to put Grendel eyes on the back of it! ;) )

Thanks in advance for all your input.

Vance

Hoopty
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 01:20 PM
I have a Joe Rocket Reactor (I think :? ), it's like the synthetic mesh jacket (Pheonix) but it's perforated leather on the arms and shoulders. It's a bit more than the Pheonix, but the leather at least makes me feel a little safer. :lol: Big J crashed in his Pheonix jacket on Turkey Creek Canyon and his jacket held up just fine. :up: These jackets feel like you're not even wearing a shirt when you're moving, and you even feel the breeze if there is one when you're stopped. IMO, there is no alternative for HOT weather riding. :twisted:

CSUAdam
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 02:44 PM
We have some of those reactor jackets on clearance for $169.95 down here at Performance. We also have a nice Fieldsheer mesh/leather reinforced jacket for the same price. It has a full length removable liner in case the weather gets a little cooler.

cryptman
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 04:16 PM
That's a good price. newenough.com has them for $169 also but that doesn't include shipping.

newenough.com reactor sport jacket (http://www.newenough.com/mens/jrphoenix.htm)

Erratic
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Newenough also has the pheonix and supervent on clearance for $69

Vance
Fri Jun 20th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

Tell you what - I'll swing by Performance after the RenFest (and 9Cares if I have time), and see what's what... find you or Enzarri (MountainRC on this board) to help me out if you're not swamped.

I have a 4litre jug of this Silkolene 15w-50 to return to you guys there --- so this will work better than buying online, I'll just get an in-store credit and pick up a jacket... save me some cache out of pocket!

Duc'nnit
Sat Jun 21st, 2003, 06:10 AM
You cant go wrong with the Joe Rocket Phoenix, I absolutely enjoy mine to the max!! 8) It's like a T-shirt with armor!

Chris

CSUAdam
Sat Jun 21st, 2003, 01:23 PM
Vance, I saw a bike just like your Triumph (black 955i) for sale this morning on my way into work. It was parked in the Wherehouse Music parking lot on Evans.

Rick T.
Sun Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:50 AM
Vance,
I have a Fully Perforated BLACK Joe Rocket Bulldog... It's leather with stretch arm panels and removable liner. Much more durable/abrasion-resistant than the nylon ones (IMHO).

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1220

Jix6
Sun Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:13 AM
Apex sports here in CO Springs has a Joe Rocket phoenix jacket (red) for 99 bucks. The JR patch on the right arm was sewn in upside down... lmao

Vance
Sun Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:00 PM
Delta - what size is that Phoenix?

CSUAdam &/or Enzarri...
I'll probably be in Monday to return that oil and do a store credit... probably, unless Delta's lead on that jacket works out perfect, I'll use it immediately towards some sort of light-weight jacket... Joe Rocket or Fieldsheer or Firstgear or whatever it was.

See y'all tomorrow afternoon probably.