PDA

View Full Version : Winning A Streetbike

PsychoMike
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I have always thought it was a horrible idea to be able to win A literbike in some kind of stupid competition. Like filling out a piece of paper at the mall to be able to win an R1. or KBPI's metal shop.(if they had voted on the r1/r6 combo.) Hey lets let people thay may have no riding expierence a chance to win a fast bike. Anyone esle have thoughts on this?

Devaclis
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Motorized bicycles are dangerous and should be outlawed. People should have to wear helmets to leave the house /Dana

I think they should do the raffles or contests and INCLUDE MSF training with them :)

rforsythe
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
No different than people with no experience going out and buying one. Or getting anything else that requires a greater level of responsibility than they might be used to (including winning large sums of money).

Can't make people make smart decisions. They gotta do it for themselves. Some won't, and that's what fuels the cheap parts market on eBay.

salsashark
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Yep... I have absolutely no problem with this. We act like winning a bike is paramount to handing a 3 year old a loaded gun... Well, IMO, it's not.

Stupid doesn't care how many cc's the bike has. If these people are set on killing themselves, they're going to succeed regardless of displacement.

Why dumb everything down for the lowest common denominator? Let's face it, if I were to win a couple of bikes, I sure as hell would rather have an liter bike over a 250... any day of the week.

Sortarican
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 11:47 AM
. We act like winning a bike is paramount to handing a 3 year old a loaded gun... Well, IMO, it's not. .

Now THAT would be an interesting raffle!

Slo
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah, have to agree with a few others....hate when that happens. Each adult has to carry their own responsibility.

puckstr
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Motorized bicycles are dangerous and should be outlawed. People should have to wear helmets to leave the house /Dana

I think they should do the raffles or contests and INCLUDE MSF training with them :)

A Rukus in the wrong hands is dangerous.

Fuckin' Widow Maker:banghead:

JustSomeDude
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 09:20 PM
What's more important are the odds of winning that thing. Those "contests" are plastered in hundreds, maybe even thousands of malls and movie theaters all over the country. The intent is to get a database of suckers' names, phone numbers, and mailing addresses, so they can be peppered with bullshit telemarketing calls and junk mail for the rest of their lives (or for however long they hold that phone number and address).

My advice... STAY AWAY FROM THOSE FRIGGIN THINGS! 'Cause you ain't gon' win shit.... except a ton of free junk mail.

bluerocket
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM
BACON

Jim_Vess
Thu Jan 29th, 2009, 10:28 PM
So what's wrong with giving a three year-old a loaded gun? It would be a waste of time to give him an empty one. :guns: