PDA

View Full Version : On-Board Computer Diagnostics

Hey y'all, watch this!
Fri Dec 31st, 2004, 10:26 AM
This is the only place I've found a system for me to use (HD/Buell can be difficult that way). My main goal at the moment is to adjust the throttle position sensnor, once I install the performance package (pipe, air cleaner, ecm)

http://www.technoresearch.com/Product-Segments.htm

Opinions? Experience? Other options?

MattTLS
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 12:01 AM
Do you have a shop manual? I don't know if they'd be similar at all, but my Suzuki TL manual gives a procedure to set the TPS that's pretty straight forward. I'm right here in town, so if you need a hand, let me know.

Matthew

Bueller
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 07:24 AM
They tell you how but it requires special test equipment.
It is 1/2hr labor @$65hr. at the Dealer or it is part of some of the service intervals.

MattTLS
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
Could you perhaps use a Dynojet PowerCommander to adjust the TPS? I'm pretty sure it can be made to work with some other bikes. You just need to connect the PowerCommander equipped bike to a computer using Dynojet's software to find out where the TPS is set. And I think the bike needs to be running.

Matthew

Bueller
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM
No Pwr Commanders for the XB's yet.

Hey y'all, watch this!
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 06:23 PM
I asked. PowerCommander doesn't have a product for Buell.

I heard they scrapped the project. :?

Anonymous
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Leave it to Buell to take what should be a simple measurement of resistance across two wires, and create an expensive debacle out of it. Oh well, can't add chrome to the things like other Harley's so I guess this is their revenge. :lol: ;)

If you can find the ohm reading for what the TPS is supposed to be, and the connector it plugs into, you should be able to measure it that way. It's just a potentiometer, nothing more.

Bueller
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
Shut up Ralph! :lol:
BTW aren't Suzuki parts some of the most expensive on earth? Must be made w/ extra lovin' :D

Anonymous
Sat Jan 1st, 2005, 10:32 PM
Shut up Ralph! :lol:
BTW aren't Suzuki parts some of the most expensive on earth? Must be made w/ extra lovin' :D

Suzuki are some of the cheapest shit available. Suzuki, "king of the parts bin". Check ebay. When something is interchangable across 3 different bikes, the cost comes down. ;)