PDA

View Full Version : Wanna go roller skating tonight?

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Kim and I and a couple friends are gonna hit Skate City in Aurora tonight. I'm gonna try and snag me a hot little fifteen year old, but that's another story!

We're going for the 8:00-10:00 session

Man, I sure do miss the roller rinks in Ohio back in the early eighties. Of course I was only a teenager and couldn't drink, but all the rinks had full restaurants and bars. They were more like night clubs than skating rinks.

At least I got grandfathered in when the drinking age changed to 21. I was still able to drink at 19...

Matty
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 10:40 AM
That's funny you mentioned this. I was just thinking how fun it would be to rent out a roller skating rink for my 30th B-Day this year.

Sully
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Sounds like fun... I already have plans, but maybe next time ! :D

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
That's funny you mentioned this. I was just thinking how fun it would be to rent out a roller skating rink for my 30th B-Day this year.Too bad they're not set up like they used to be!! Are there any rinks with alcohol around here?

Matty
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Too bad they're not set up like they used to be!! Are there any rinks with alcohol around here?
not sure... i will be doing some searching soon.

salsashark
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I didn't even know Skate City was still around :dunno:

Tipys
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Here in the springs the tour arena has achole. Just like skate city but its where they have the roller hockey torments. Not sure if they have open skate nights. Also skate city had an adult night on sundays for awhile where you had to be 21 to go

gsxr hoe getter
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Here in the springs the tour arena has achole. Just like skate city but its where they have the roller hockey torments. Not sure if they have open skate nights. Also skate city had an adult night on sundays for awhile where you had to be 21 to go

No open skating there, just hockey, and they only have beer, but really what more do you need than hockey and beer.

Mother Goose
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Doesn't Fat City serve alcohol and have a skating rink?

DevilsTonic
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yes they do Wicky, I like to go there and skate.

before you make any wise cracks....yes I do this regularly, it's good exercise trying NOT to run over the lil kids especially since I removed all the brakes from my skates.

I'd love to go tonight, but some of us northies are gonna go have movie night.

Tipys
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Brakes? Skates have brakes?

bulldog
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Doesn't Fat City serve alcohol and have a skating rink? Kim and Dean you should go there tonight instead. I need to get that cord I left at your house and that is much closer to my hood. :lol:

DevilsTonic
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Brakes? Skates have brakes?Old fashioned, ghetto fabulous wal-mart brand k2's come with brakes. :)

Tipys
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM
^^^oh i was about to say i havnt seen a brake on a skate for like 9 years when i started buying really expansive hockey skates to play hockey in.

Matty
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM
please tell me you people are riding on quads not rollerblades....

there's a sign in Redondo Beach, Ca. That reads, "Keep the South Bay clean, leave your inline skates at home." LOL.

I mean really who goes to a roller skating rink and uses inlines???

Bueller
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 04:12 PM
there's a sign in Redondo Beach, Ca. That reads, "Keep the South Bay clean, leave your inline skates at home." LOL.

This ain't Crapifornia

Might be interested

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM

I mean really who goes to a roller skating rink and uses inlines???I'll be on my blades. Just about everyone there is on blades. Isn't it the cool thing to do?

Matty
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I'll be on my blades. Just about everyone there is on blades. Isn't it the cool thing to do?
:no: man, and used to be a Rink Rat!!!!

DevilsTonic
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I roller blade as well most people do, only the physically challenged use the quads, Matty. :slappers:

Tipys
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 06:06 PM

I mean really who goes to a roller skating rink and uses inlines???

I played roller hockey with inlines 100percent of the time. When I used to go skating I would used inlines 70percent of the time other 30percent on quads. quads are fun if you dont want to go fast.:)

But matty now a days it is the cool thing to be on are inlines

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 06:15 PM
:no: man, and used to be a Rink Rat!!!!I had that T-shirt.

Cat118!
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 07:39 PM
damn let me know when you go again !! I would be totally down!!

DevilsTonic
Sat Jan 31st, 2009, 08:19 AM
I say we plan roller skating for 2 weeks from today, who's in? I REALLY WANNA GO!! Say, Fat City Feb 14th (why does that date sound familiar...hmmmm....shit it's not coming to me) i'm open for time!!

Bueller
Sat Jan 31st, 2009, 08:54 AM
That was fun, haven't been on skates in years so it took a while to get back to comfortable, and great exersize. Iam ready to do this regularly but would prefer ice I think.
And I think the adult session is the way to go

64BonnieLass
Sat Jan 31st, 2009, 09:38 AM
That was fun, haven't been on skates in years so it took a while to get back to comfortable, and great exersize. Iam ready to do this regularly but would prefer ice I think.
And I think the adult session is the way to go

Did you wear your helmet? Knee socks? Hahahaha, glad you guys had fun. I would be up for going in a couple weeks too.

Bueller
Sat Jan 31st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Did you wear your helmet? Knee socks?
It was considered :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Jan 31st, 2009, 10:02 AM
...And I think the adult session is the way to goWhat are you talking about?!? Some of those twelve year olds were stacked!!!

FZRguy
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 02:31 AM
I am ready to do this regularly but would prefer ice...

I'm up for some ice skating on a weekend.

King Nothing
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 08:12 AM
What are you talking about?!? Some of those twelve year olds were stacked!!!It's all the hormones they put in the chicken.

Bueller
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 08:33 AM
What are you talking about?!? Some of those twelve year olds were stacked!!!
Yea, that is true:shocked:

But that shit they were listening to :puke:

I must be getting old

King Nothing
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Yea, that is true:shocked:

But that shit they were listening to :puke:

I must be getting oldGetting? You ARE old. :alien:

Tipys
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 11:48 AM
Im not even old and more then half the songs that have came out over the last year I cant stand because how stupid they are.

Bueller
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 12:00 PM
Getting? You ARE old. :alien:
Get off my lawn you little bastard!

FZRguy
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 12:24 AM
We're they playing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida? :lol: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida)

bulldog
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Get off my lawn you little bastard! lol...just saw that movie this weekend. Good flick, and yes I could see Bueller like this except saying "don't f*ckin touch the bikes".
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/The_Playlist/movies_music/gran-torino-trailer.jpg

Bueller
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/The_Playlist/movies_music/gran-torino-trailer.jpg [/mirror]

:yay::yay::yay:

Sortarican
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
I Say, Fat City Feb 14th

I don't think it's called Fat City anymore, but I can't remember the new name.
(If you're talking about the place on Kipling & Coal Mine.)

And if you guys think Buellers old, I used to skate on a banked hardwood rink when I was a kid.

Then came the Roller Disco's and you know I had it goin on!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/ElGhostHost/RollerDisco.jpg

busagirl
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I'm always down to skate! I'll try and keep an eye on the boards so I can join you guys next time! :yay:

Suki
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 12:06 PM
post up the next outing and me and the 12yr old will join ya!

bulldog
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I don't think it's called Fat City anymore, but I can't remember the new name.
(If you're talking about the place on Kipling & Coal Mine.)

And if you guys think Buellers old, I used to skate on a banked hardwood rink when I was a kid.

Then came the Roller Disco's and you know I had it goin on!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/ElGhostHost/RollerDisco.jpg It's now called Mr. Biggs. Hey Sortarican found out I live within a stone throw away from you :) I can seriously see your house from my yard. lol

Bueller
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I am planning on being at the Aurora Skate City Sun night 6:30-9:30 is 21 over

bulldog
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I am planning on being at the Aurora Skate City Sun night 6:30-9:30 is 21 over Good to know "Walt". lol

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gran-torino-trailer.jpg

Sticky 296
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
FYI- Fat City is Mr Biggs and they put go-karts in the skating rink so no skating there! If anyone is interested in ice-skating a bunch of us down here at Grand Prix usually rent the edge ice arena out on Mondays for stick and puck and open skate. It is always a fun time, Beginners to experts welcome!

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
So, does that mean there is no where to go roll and have a beer? That sucks!!

I know all the places we ice skate at have bars. But what about wheels!!!!

Bueller
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I am planning on being at the Aurora Skate City Sun night 6:30-9:30 is 21 over
:hump:

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Doesn't the rec ctr place there on Peoria have an ice rink - and I believe there is one on Vine in Littleton too. Being a public rec ctr, it is highly doubtful they serve any beer, but it is a thought!

Tipys
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Oh I miss being 15 and going to skate city.

DevilsTonic
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I'm thinkin about joining you Bueller if you're still going...

Bueller
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
we'll be there 6:30 :)

DevilsTonic
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Where is it located? I just did a google search and it looks like there's 2 in aurora, one on iliff and another on hampden...

Bueller
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
The one at Hampden and chambers

haywood jablome
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
WOW Kim-n-dean long time since iv been on here!!! How the hell are you guys?!!!

Bueller
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Well that was interesting, lots of fast skating with the older folks, some real characters out there :lol:
Definitely going again, I am sore in all those places

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 01:59 PM
WOW Kim-n-dean long time since iv been on here!!! How the hell are you guys?!!!Chaaaaaddddd!!! You back?

We must drink a beer!!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Well that was interesting, lots of fast skating with the older folks, some real characters out there :lol:
Definitely going again, I am sore in all those placesI guess we forgot...

Characters? Any old dudes still thinkin' it's the 80's? Well, besides me.

haywood jablome
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM
If and when you come to TX or i come to CO. we will have to have more than one beer!!!

busagirl
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 11:58 AM
A few of my friends and I are now skating every Sunday at the Skate City in Littleton from 2pm to 4pm if any southies want to join us! :D

Cat118!
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 12:27 PM
A few of my friends and I are now skating every Sunday at the Skate City in Littleton from 2pm to 4pm if any southies want to join us! :D
I may wanna!!!!

Love the sig!! :hump:

I`m Batman
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I used to go there all the time when I was in middle school... ahh.. the good o' days.