PDA

View Full Version : Any 749 racers in Co?

Munchdog
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Looking to see if there's any other locals running a 749r/s this season.

rybo
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I rode a 748 all last season, but am out this season due to lack of employment.

Munchdog
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Think positively, just leaves more time for racing, right?

Good luck on the search!

rybo
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks!

I'm positive I'm not doing a full season in 2009.

I will probably make a few of the races though. Bike #69, bright red...can't miss it.

Munchdog
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Just checked out the website, nice bike.

Hopefully we'll see ya out there at HPR :)

rybo
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:25 PM
If you haven't discovered Brian and Boulder Motorsports yet, I can't recommend anyone more highly for prepping your duc to go racing.

www.bouldermotorsports.com

Munchdog
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Just getting mine in order..

Original Ducati Seattle 2006 749R

And it's current form in the garage, eagerly awaiting paint!

Munchdog
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Brian's great - unfortunately on the other side of town. :( He's worked on my Multi. The Monster is due for some work, and I'd like him to run through the 749R before the season starts.

Canuck
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I raced a 749 in '06 for a bit. If that helps.

The supertwins class was great. I loved the guys in that field. Great sportsmen with a lot of class. Much better racing with guys that are more mature than the kids in the other classes who are in there early 20's. I think it has to do with the average age of that class and the amount of coin that these guys have on the line with their machines.

Munchdog
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to the season. Been riding the streets for 20 years.

I've found most Ducati owners seems to be older - costs of the bike/maintenence/etc

PsychoMike
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I raced a 749 in '06 for a bit. If that helps.

The supertwins class was great. I loved the guys in that field. Great sportsmen with a lot of class. Much better racing with guys that are more mature than the kids in the other classes who are in there early 20's. I think it has to do with the average age of that class and the amount of coin that these guys have on the line with their machines.

whats wrong with racers in their early 20's?
im nothing but respectful.

Canuck
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I'm sure you are a respectful racer. I am not pointing out anyone in particular. Just a general observation.

peteremsley
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Mark (mbohn) is racing his S this year for the first time.

The twin classes are "white plate" classes, so you might not be able to race those right away.

Canuck
Fri Jan 30th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure Mark (mbohn) is racing his S this year for the first time.

The twin classes are "white plate" classes, so you might not be able to race those right away.

Not exactly. If you get permission from Mark with the MRA they will permit novices to race in Supertwins.

mbohn
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, I'm racing an '06 749s this upcoming season. Brian's done all the work on it and mechanical stuff is done. I'm presently painting it and am really looking forward to the season.

Brian said he is prepping another s purchased by a local from a CA seller for racing this season.

Hope to see you on the grid.

Munchdog
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Who's doing your painting?

mbohn
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
Who's doing your painting?
I'm doing it myself.:banghead:
How about you?

Munchdog
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM
I considered do it myself, but lack a large compressor and even the space to do it properly.

Fitz or Dave here on the board are the ones I'll probably end up going with. I'm hoping to get something going in the next week or two.

lovinCO
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Pedro Bravo is racing a 749 this year. I second asking Mark (new rider director) to let you into SuperTwins, good class.