PDA

View Full Version : Supermoto5280 2009 Race Series

Joe
Sat Jan 31st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Supermoto5280, a new Supermoto series based in Denver, Colorado would like to announce the 2009 schedule.
Newly formed Supermoto5280 was created to fill the gap left by the former Rocky Mountain Supermoto Series.
This new organization is looking forward to a safe and successful season of racing with a class structure that
will accommodate all ability levels and machines.

This series is very beginner-friendly, and is encouraging new riders by offering separate categories for beginners and women.
Check out the new website at:
http://www.supermoto5280.com/index.html

FZRguy
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 02:19 AM
I will race a few rounds if I can score some wheels.

Joe
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 07:14 AM

You are more than welcome to run a dirt bike as it is. The guy who did it last year won the sportsman's class for the season! You could also just get street tires for your dirt hoops to keep costs down.

Bueller
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 08:37 AM

You are more than welcome to run a dirt bike as it is. The guy who did it last year won the sportsman's class for the season! You could also just get street tires for your dirt hoops to keep costs down.
He's all talk or he woulda bought my wheels already! :lol:

krod
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM
. The guy who did it last year won the sportsman's class for the season! .

I thought you won sportsman?

Matrix
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM
Couldnt tell from the website but are you planning on doing any Mini-Moto? I wouldnt mind throwing down some laps on a pitbike. :yes:

Joe
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
I thought you won sportsman?

No, Alan (lstzephyr on SMJ) on an ancient XR600 went to GJ and got double points, and beat everybody out for the season. I got first at PPIR. Hopefully there will be a few more Sportsmans races this year.

500rgurl
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Should I try to Race E's 250 in the women's class?

Joe
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 12:59 PM
Should I try to Race E's 250 in the women's class?

Yes, Yes, Yes, and um... Yes.

500rgurl
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes, and um... Yes.

hummmm... we'll see.. There are a few things i need to figure out!!!

FZRguy
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, mostly wishful thinking...sounds fun tho.

500rgurl
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
I am totally hooked after yesterday! :) Thanks Joe!

rforsythe
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
I may have to spoon some street rubber on the XR and give this a shot...

500rgurl
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM

DO IT! :)

Joe
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM

Ah, my evil plan is working...
I invited a coworker out as well yesterday, taught him where the throttle was, and after 20 min of putting around, he said he's going to sign up for the msf course! Soon everyone will be on a dirtbike, and the world will be a happier place.

Glad you two came (finally!).

Kitten
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
I invited a coworker out as well yesterday, taught him where the throttle was, and after 20 min of putting around, he said he's going to sign up for the msf course! Soon everyone will be on a dirtbike, and the world will be a happier place.

You're pretty good at getting people hooked on motorcycling. I don't know about the dirt bike thing though...:)

swademaster
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:12 PM
Joe is the :devil2:

teamhypoxia
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:23 PM

Another potential convert from today.....
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/teamhypoxia/sumo%20022309/IMG_4500.jpg

We are the tards. Resistance is futile. ALL will be assimilated.

Joe
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I wanted to remind everybody that the first race is NOT at IMI, and definitely NOT on the 19th.

Please remember to NOT show up, because it is NOT fun, and certainly NOT addictive.

NOT even plain old dirtbikes with plain old dirt tires are allowed.

NO further information can be found at:
www.Supermoto5280.com (http://www.Supermoto5280.com)

Hope to NOT see you there!

(If anybody doesn't understand the sarcastic reverse-psychology, then you probably aren't smart enough to load a bike into your truck and make it out to IMI anyway.)

500rgurl
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I wanted to remind everybody that the first race is NOT at IMI, and definitely NOT on the 19th.

Please remember to NOT show up, because it is NOT fun, and certainly NOT addictive.

NOT even plain old dirtbikes with plain old dirt tires are allowed.

NO further information can be found at:
www.Supermoto5280.com (http://www.Supermoto5280.com)

Hope to NOT see you there!

(If anybody doesn't understand the sarcastic reverse-psychology, then you probably aren't smart enough to load a bike into your truck and make it out to IMI anyway.)

Nice Joe! :)

Joe
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Nice Joe! :)

Are you two coming??
I should be out at IMI this Saturday if you want to ride.

SupermotoMJ
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
its going to be cold but I need practice.. I'll try to make it up there Joe, Have they changed the dirt section yet?

eklew
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry Joe, but Jenn and I will be working at the MRA new racer school this Saturday and we will NOT be at the Pueblo Chicane Trackday on the 19th. Good luck on your first race. Let me know if you want to rock the CRF250r however!

Joe
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM
its going to be cold but I need practice.. I'll try to make it up there Joe, Have they changed the dirt section yet?

57 isn't cold!! I don't know about the dirt, give Kevin a call.

Sorry Joe, but Jenn and I will be working at the MRA new racer school this Saturday and we will NOT be at the Pueblo Chicane Trackday on the 19th. Good luck on your first race. Let me know if you want to rock the CRF250r however!

As tempting as the CRF is, I better not. Have fun playing with the big bikes. I will beg and bribe you to haul my arse over to Grand Junction April 26 or Sept 13.

Joe
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
5280 Supermoto has postponed the race for this Sunday.
So basically, my smart-arse post above about me not being there turned out to be true.
Sorry if I jinxed it.

It will be rescheduled; check supermoto5280.com

teamhypoxia
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Just what I needed...
Someone to blame!

rescheduled for May 3rd

jgixxer1
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Whats the track layout gonna be like for the asphalt only class at PMI? Is it gonna be the whole track?

Joe
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
NO!
Full laps at PMI on a motard make you want to do mean things to small animals.

I've seen the map of how the dirt layout at PMI will be, but I don't remember the plan for asphalt-only. (Only that it does not involve the entire track)

I'll ask Will this weekend, and see if he's posted the map up somewhere.

OR, you can ask on supermotojunkie.com > news > racing forums > 5280 Supermoto

Joe
Sun Apr 26th, 2009, 07:40 PM
You guys missed a fan-tastic race at Grand Junction today.

And for all the females out there, there was only 1 (one, uno, less-than-two, 2x4/8 ) lady running, so you would have at least got 2nd place and a trophy! It's only $35 to race (female, kids, or beginner classes), and you can do it with a dirt or a pit bike!

This Sunday at IMI, be there or be a geometric shape with 4 equal sides and 4 equal angles. Registration begins at 7 and don't worry about tech; just bring a helmet and make sure your oil drain bolt won't fall out on the starting grid! (Andrew!)

brad1445
Wed Apr 29th, 2009, 09:38 AM
You guys missed a fan-tastic race at Grand Junction today.

+1

krod
Mon May 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Great race yesterday... Joe took 3rd in the sportsman class:rock: and Joe's ex-boss won the womans class.

teamhypoxia
Mon May 4th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Joe's sister is his ex-boss?!:bigeyes:

seven
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Not sister, just ex-boss. :lol:

Joe
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Joe's sister is his ex-boss?!:bigeyes:

NO! Joe's sister Monica is the one with the drz, which I will steal from her if she doesn't answer her gawddamn phone. That was the bike that I was trying to get for Will to ride.

Sheri was my boss, and rode my bike yesterday.

teamhypoxia
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:46 PM
:confused:Your bosses sister wants to ride Will's ex?

krod
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Is Joe's ex-boss single????

swademaster
Mon May 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Great race yesterday... Joe took 3rd in the sportsman class:rock: and Joe's ex-boss won the womans class.

Sounds like somebody needs to get her own motard.

Is Joe's ex-boss single????

:no:

Joe
Mon May 4th, 2009, 10:03 PM

Don't be so modest Jim, you got 2nd in Asphalt!

I just mentioned to my wife (not Sheri, NOR Monica) about your DRZ and she gave me "The Look." I don't think I'll be buying it. Sorry.

seven
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Sounds like somebody needs to get her own motard.

That requires money. Someday, but for now I will just have to mooch off of Joe, since he is nice enough to let me. Thanks, Joe!

swademaster
Tue May 5th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Maybe you could race the motard sitting in your garage. At least it would get some real use that way.

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM
This seems a hole lot cheaper then MRA

krod
Tue May 5th, 2009, 05:33 PM
That requires money. Someday, but for now I will just have to mooch off of Joe, since he is nice enough to let me. Thanks, Joe!

You can use my ktm anytime.:D

krod
Tue May 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM
[quote=Tipys;446739]This seems a hole lot cheaper then MRA[/quo

Yes lots cheaper. Entry fee's are 50.00 and 35.00.:)

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Now I just need to find a bike.

krod
Tue May 5th, 2009, 05:55 PM
If yer interested come by the next race I will set you up on a bike.

Joe
Tue May 5th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Most of the people at the race will let anyone interested in the sport ride their bike.

Wade, you can't give Sheri any more Sh!t since I haven't seen your lazy arse on my bike at a race!
Get off your gawddamn computer and come ride my freakin bike already!
May 17th - $50

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I am really gonna try and make the next race

seven
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Maybe you could race the motard sitting in your garage. At least it would get some real use that way.

Not that I would, anyhow, but no thanks. I've heard about what happened at Grand Junction to one of those...:shocked:

swademaster
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Most of the people at the race will let anyone interested in the sport ride their bike.

Wade, you can't give Sheri any more Sh!t since I haven't seen your lazy arse on my bike at a race!
Get off your gawddamn computer and come ride my freakin bike already!
May 17th - $50

It's not that I don't want too, maybe later this season.
$50 + AMA membership + 5280 membership=???

Tipys
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM
It's not that I don't want too, maybe later this season.
$50 + AMA membership + 5280 membership=$134

Not all that much

seven
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
You can use my ktm anytime.:D

Brave man. I'll keep that in mind!

swademaster
Tue May 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Not all that much

Maybe not.

Do you have two kids in daycare and a mortgage payment to worry about? Those take a good part of my funds every month.

Joe
Wed May 6th, 2009, 04:56 AM
$50 + AMA membership + 5280 membership=???

I didn't stutter, it's only $50 for the day... let me help...

$35 for beginner class
+$15 for 1 day 5280 membership
=$50

No AMA required this year.

Women's and Beginner classes are only $35, Kids are only $25
All other classes are $50 for first, $35 for second (same day), $15 for third and all additional classes you want to run.

swademaster
Wed May 6th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Maybe it will happen this summer, Joe. It just won't be on the 17th. I would want to get together sometime and ride your bike before trying to race, though.

teamhypoxia
Wed May 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM

I would want to get together sometime and ride your bike before trying to race, though.

that's exactly how I was introduced to supermoto...
while flopping my cbr around the track at IMI and being constantly passed by the motards, I was offered the chance to ride someone's bike. the beauty of supermotos is that most crashes result in little or no damage to the bike, so it's not such a big deal to loan or borrow a ride.
anyone with a genuine interest, should they happen to catch me at IMI would be welcome to ride mine :)

Joe
Wed May 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM
anyone with a genuine interest, should they happen to catch me at IMI would be welcome to ride mine :)

Don't ride his; it's slow and HEAVY.:tomato:

teamhypoxia
Wed May 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hey screw you Joe!

oh.. you meant the bike...

yeah, it's heavy and slow

krod
Thu May 7th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Let me have it for a few days and 1500.00 and it won't be slow anymore. Better yet take it to Eddie and 2500.00 and it will rip.

teamhypoxia
Thu May 7th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I like to think of it like a donut on a baseball bat.

If I can learn to make it go around the track fast, then when I get a race bike (take the donut off) lookout!

FZRguy
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 01:32 AM
Time to unsticky this thread. There is no 5280 series. New series is here http://cosupermoto.com/ (http://cosupermoto.com/)