PDA

View Full Version : Some people's kids! WTF?

King Nothing
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
So, I had my best friend and his kids over to watch the Super Bowl. Also, one of our mutual friends came over with his kid. My buddy, we'll call him "Ed," has two kids. One 17 month old and a 4 year old. Let me say right off, the 4 year old is a spoiled brat and a bully. She also doesn't listen at all. It doesn't matter who you are, if you ask her to do something, it ain't happening.
Anyway, for the most part, "Sally" was pretty well behaved. Then, as the night wore on, it hit the fan. Katy found Sally IN our master bath sink complaining that her feet were sticky and needed to be washed. Of course your feet are sticky! You took Sammy's toothpaste, threw it on the floor and stepped on it! Then she went upstairs and made a mess of my bathroom. Water everywhere, the toilet brush out, towel on the floor and one of Sammy's toys (an electric tea pot that would play music). The tea pot had been in water and hardly works anymore.
I went downstairs and asked Ed to have his child clean the mess she made. I really didn't think it would be a out of line request, after all, Sammy is only 17 months old and picks up her toys when we ask. By now, Ed's wife, "Sue" is here. (Sue watches Sammy two days a week. We pay Sue every week for watching Sammy.) Sue apparently finds my request out of line and stomps upstairs, all the while I hear her mutter, "It's not like I don't clean up after Sammy."
WTF!?!?!?
I PAY you to watch/clean up after Sammy. It's not MY fault that your snot-nosed brat is a bully and an all around living hell to be around! My kid is well behaved. YOUR kid is a brat! Yes, Sammy makes a mess. She's a toddler. But, if you ask her, she will help clean up her mess. Not just walk away like you don't even exist.
BTW, our mutual friend's kid (4 year old) was well behaved, as usual.
WTF is wrong with people? Discipline your kids. THEY don't make the rules. YOU make the rules.
Our second kid may be a holy terror, but they will not bully or be a brat.
Sorry for the long rant, poor grammar and sentence/paragraph structure.

*EDIT* Apparently, our mutual friend's kid is only 3. That makes the hell-raiser kid even worse.

Mental
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM
As a (almost) 38 year-old with no kids. I don't think you were out of line. But I would find a new child care provider. If "Sue" is that woulnd up about cleaning up after her kid and obviously put no discipline in her own, I am not sure thats wthe influence you want on your child. You obviously value a sense of resposibility and it sounds like they do not.

Almost anyone here would shudder to think about what would happen when we were 4 and made that kind of mess at someone else's house. I would have been cleaning that up through my tears with a sore butt under the threat of "wait until we get home."

King Nothing
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:41 PM
OOOOOOOOOOH! I forgot, the brat also opened our laundry closet and spread detergent all over the hall. I had JUST vacuumed about 3 hours earlier. Katy then had to vacuum up the mess.
What a little snot. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Black Knight
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:50 PM
You're alot nicer then I would have been. I wouldn't have asked the kid to clean up the mess, I would have made the parents go upstairs and clean it up. However, I don't think you made an unreasonable request just an honest one. Like I say, that's more lenient then I would have been, especially after all hell broke loose like that. And then I would have politely asked them to never bring their kid over again. It's not unreasonable to ask that your home be respected.

p.s.
that kid sounds like a basket case already.

Spiderman
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:52 PM
And these are our future leaders... :roll:

Mental
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:54 PM
And these are our future leaders... :roll:

No they aren't. The well behaved 4 year old is. The brat is a future internet stripper

Tipys
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
^^^^I agree with Mental on this one

Spiderman
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:56 PM
No they aren't. The well behaved 4 year old is. The brat is a future internet stripper
Odds are you're right, but you never know...

Tipys
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 09:57 PM
Ya maybe are leaders will be strippers

Nick_Ninja
Sun Feb 1st, 2009, 10:11 PM
That behavior is why I don't invite families with kids to my home to watch the Super Bowl.

SamuraiX
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 02:23 AM
Sorry man - but YOU and your numnut buddy are the ones to blame here.

You BOTH LET the 3 year old run off up the stairs and fuck around for
what sounds like at least 15 minutes without ANY supervision in what is
to this kid, a 'strangers' house!! WTF??!! Then you ask the kid to clean it up - thats hilarious.

You are damn lucky she didn't eat any of that detergent (wait, sounds like your kids already
doing her own laundry, so this 3 year old shoulda know better on that one!!)

JUST THANK GOD she didnt blast her head off with your gun or drown in that sink- or some shit.
Worst of all, she could have found YOUR big glow in the dark dildo!

Dildo.

King Nothing
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 06:26 AM
Blah blah blah...dipshit rambling here....
Sorry. We take the time to discipline our child. Therefore, my kid behaves herself and generally needs less supervision than the demon child who is 2x+ Sammy's age.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/kingnothing03sv/you.gif

mtnairlover
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
All I gotta say is...Our kids are who we are...nuff said.

Have a nice day.:)

t_jolt
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
I dont feel your request is out of line. I have an 18 month old as well, and well the problem is when he gets done being with his mom, and her mom. Its almost like i have to fight everyday for week before he knows that im not going to let him do what ever he wants like his mom. Pisses me off to know that people are to lazy to actually watch their kid.

salsashark
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
Wait a minute...

you vacuumed?! :shock:

neh
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
lock em in the closet. Worked for my nephew.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/dlh2460/lukeandjill001.jpg

Devaclis
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
http://www.kk.org/streetuse/shiv5.jpg

puckstr
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
OOOOOOOOOOH! I forgot, the brat also opened our laundry closet and spread detergent all over the hall. I had JUST vacuumed about 3 hours earlier. Katy then had to vacuum up the mess.
What a little snot. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I would have had the parents and the brat EJECTED from the party.

Get the fuck out

TFOGGuys
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
lock the little f*cker up...

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/70691/child_labour.jpg

jimwallace
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
okay, firstly i am guessing samurai x does not have kids. I have 2 and i can tell you that they can do damages in matters of minutes that would take me hours (it really is amazing). I will agree that the kid should not have been running around on her own but that is the responsibility of the parents, not the homeowners. I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old and they are pretty well behaved kids (they do get into stuff sometimes but that happens with all kids) but when i am at someone elses i make sure i control what is happening. the sad thing in all this is that the kid may be a hellion but in all honesty she is 3 its NOT HER FAULT. it sounds to me like the parents (most likely the mother) is too damn lazy to give her kid structure, dicipline, and responsibility. these are big words when it comes to a little kid, but you have to give them all three in ways that fit their age. some people find it easier to chase around trying to play clean up than to set a guideline on the way things will be.

Flip
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:56 AM
I would seriously consider a different day care provider for 2 reasons. One being that your child is observing all of this nasty behavior that you might have to deal with later, and two, is this awful child picking on your child when you arent there?
And your child can't defend itself being younger and would the bad mother not do anything about it anyway?

pauliep
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
I don't know why Devaclis isn't out riding and looking for a DRZ right now. Btw, with the carb, it's a wheelie machine!

Oh yeah, I'd blame the parents. It's not King's fault the kid is a terror on two legs (or four?). The parents should have known their kid was irresponsible and supervised her.

Devaclis
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
Dude, I am looking for a DRZ, I just need to sell the CBR first :(

pauliep
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:49 AM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1006301265.html
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/990704962.html

Bueller
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
I don't associate with "breeders", ergo no kids to hate!

I say bring back the wood chipper senario

SamuraiX
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Saw one of these TE 610 Husky's over the weekend - good lookin bike!

rforsythe
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Doug, a common misconception about duct tape is that it was invented for household repairs. It was in fact created in 1702 by Ferdinand Ductapalous of the northernmost tip of Belgium, for the specific purpose of hanging little bastards like this one upside down from a second-floor balcony. Further improvements in the late 19th Century further allowed its use for similar treatment of little bastards' parents as well.

Think about it.

rforsythe
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Also look on the bright side: At least the little fuckwad didn't get into your supply of bacon!

Devaclis
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
You better go check to see if they kicked you bike over.

rforsythe
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
You better go check to see if they kicked you bike over.

Doug rides?

Devaclis
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
He uses it to hold up his floor mats. I have never seen Doug on a bike.

rforsythe
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ah. That makes sense then.

I saw him walk in once claiming to have arrived on a bike, but I am pretty sure his wife rode it there for him and they just switched vehicles before we saw him.

Sortarican
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Doug, a common misconception about duct tape...

+1
The handyman's babysitter!

http://www.hhermsen.nl/pics/weblog/236_ducttape.jpg

Mel
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
There is a reason I only made the mistake of having a childs birthday party at my house once....Most people just, for whatever stupid reason, think that if they are there you will watch their kids. Though, watching the things their kids do, I wonder what their houses look like, how they manage without going insane, and how much $$ they spend buying new things once their child destroys the first thing. And...how do those parents take their child out in public? I would be mortified if my daughter ever acted like that at someone elses house. GAH!!!

Dizzy D
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hey Doug - welcome to the reality of MY 40 hour work week! Especially the whole month of January.

Dizzy D
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Doug, a common misconception about duct tape is that it was invented for household repairs. It was in fact created in 1702 by Ferdinand Ductapalous of the northernmost tip of Belgium, for the specific purpose of hanging little bastards like this one upside down from a second-floor balcony. Further improvements in the late 19th Century further allowed its use for similar treatment of little bastards' parents as well.

Think about it.

God help me when August comes!

Sortarican
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
.... I would be mortified if my daughter ever acted like that at someone elses house. GAH!!!

As opposed to enjoyment you seem to get when your daughter punches me in the face every time you bring her around?

Mel
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
As opposed to enjoyment you seem to get when your daughter punches me in the face every time you bring her around?

Well, if you and Dana would quit using a 7 year old to duke out your battles, she wouldn't have to be laying the smack down, would she....

Sortarican
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Well, if you and Dana would quit using a 7 year old to duke out your battles, she wouldn't have to be laying the smack down, would she....

Next time I'm telling my Mom. :cry:

Suki
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 05:03 PM
yeah and she smacked me! :cry:

:lol:

Rvrsprite
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
As a teacher, I see this all the time. Rather than being parents, people want to be their kids' best buddy. The future looks grim.

Lurch
Mon Feb 2nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
First if I was that kids father as soon as the kid woke up (from the ass whooping) and I was done apologizing to you, she would of been up there cleaning that shit up and cleaning up some mess she didn't even make just to make a point.

But if you really want to see some great parenting go on a cruise. I just got back from one with the wife and kid and I'm really suprised you don't hear of more kids going overboard. I saw a 3yr old girl take a digger down 5 steps out of the hot tub and mon and dad barely looked up from the cocktail they were enjoying to tell the 6 yr old sister to go take care of the 3 yr old. Though the site of 20 kids in a hot tub did kind of look like kiddo soup.

Maybe next time you go over to "Ed's" house and when no one is looking go up stairs and take a bif ole dump in the hallway. When some one finds it go oh my bad my child is still learning to use the toilet.

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
First of all, it's never a 4yr old's fault. It's the parent's fault, and yours. The parent's because they have a responsibilty to watch their toddler and you have a responsibility to safeguard your property and guests. If that unsupervised child had been hurt, you would have had your ass sued off and you would have no one to blame but yourself.

rforsythe
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Um, so you're saying it was Doug's fault that this little twit wrecked his property?

I also fail to see how someone else's kid hurting themselves on my property would be my fault. If it was due to negligence (i.e. I did something that contributed to it) that would be one thing, but some kid being stupid in the normal confines of a normal home is not anything I'd take responsibility for. It happens, and I certainly don't take on some magical responsibility for what happens to a kid just because they ended up in my house with their parents.

Guess if anyone has a problem with that they won't be coming to my house though, so it doesn't really matter.

Suki
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
yeah but unfortuneately now days if someone is at your house and hurts themselves YOU can be held liable. which is the most ridiculous thing, especially if it's their own fault.

atleast thats my understanding. you see more and more cases of parents not watching their kids, something happening and then they sue... here's a great example!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6245683

newsflash: DON'T LET YOUR KIDS NEAR THE EDGE OF A CLIFF FOR A STUPID FUCKING PICTURE!

idiots.

TFOGGuys
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
I also fail to see how someone else's kid hurting themselves on my property would be my fault.

Some people might wonder about your punji sticks and land mines, though.....

Sully
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Regardless if your neighbors are over to watch the Super Bowl, the child should be supervised by the parents. People always think someone else is going to watch their kid for them at someone else's home.... are you kidding me ??? The parents should have taken responsibility and jumped up, apologized and cleaned up the mess and been thoroughly embarassed!

Our children are the product of their environment, parenting and proper discipline, so when you say "these are our future leaders", take a look in the mirror people, then wonder why they are the way they are !

imo- I would find someone else to watch the kiddo on those two days, especially if you are paying them. Who knows what type of behavior your child is being exposed to.

The Black Knight - I'd like to know just how you were going to do this ? "I would have made the parents go upstairs and clean it up." Made them??? :wtf: ok.. sure.. nice thought..

<side note> - Doug doesn't ride, he just drives the mini-van-stay-at-home-dad-vehicle.. (this is not a bad thing) :)

Sortarican
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
If you really want to talk about parents who deserve to have their asses kicked for breeding a little hellion........

Let's talk about Doug's parents.

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Regardless if your neighbors are over to watch the Super Bowl, the child should be supervised by the parents. People always think someone else is going to watch their kid for them at someone else's home.... are you kidding me ??? The parents should have taken responsibility and jumped up, apologized and cleaned up the mess and been thoroughly embarassed!

Our children are the product of their environment, parenting and proper discipline, so when you say "these are our future leaders", take a look in the mirror people, then wonder why they are the way they are !

imo- I would find someone else to watch the kiddo on those two days, especially if you are paying them. Who knows what type of behavior your child is being exposed to.

The Black Knight - I'd like to know just how you were going to do this ? "I would have made the parents go upstairs and clean it up." Made them??? :wtf: ok.. sure.. nice thought..

<side note> - Doug doesn't ride, he just drives the mini-van-stay-at-home-dad-vehicle.. (this is not a bad thing) :)

Yes, you are right, the parents should have watched their kid and should have cleaned up also. My point is that in my house I am going to make sure that somebody is watching the kids or that they are in my sight or confined to an area (like a play room) where they cannot destroy anything or injure themselves. All of this should be arranged and agreed upon ahead of time with all parents concerned.

jbnwc
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Good rant, Doug. I'm learning here. Due date is tomorrow. I've heard you talk about these folks before and it sounds like this is a pattern of behavior. You probably should have known and locked the kid in a pen next to the couch or maybe just duct taped her to the wall. The parents need to get their act together. They should have been embarassed of their child's behavior. I remember how embarassed I was when my stupid nazi cat took a swipe at Sammy last time you were over. We'll duct tape the cat to a wall next time you're here. I'm getting all kinds of good parenting ideas.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Yes, you are right, the parents should have watched their kid and should have cleaned up also. My point is that in my house I am going to make sure that somebody is watching the kids or that they are in my sight or confined to an area (like a play room) where they cannot destroy anything or injure themselves. All of this should be arranged and agreed upon ahead of time with all parents concerned.

That's why I strategically place the beer cooler on the back patio. That way my guests generally stay outside, on the first floor, where all the amenities are located.

** Thinks to self --- Self, you need to find a waiver of liability form for all party goers to sign. :D

Devaclis
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
I tend to keep beer in the fridge, garage, and back porch so they are comfortable wherever they go.

Now, if I could just get a mini fridge in the bathroom I would be all set.

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
That's why I strategically place the beer cooler on the back patio. That way my guests generally stay outside, on the first floor, where all the amenities are located.

** Thinks to self --- Self, you need to find a waiver of liability form for all party goers to sign. :D

A wise policy.

TFOGGuys
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Dog trainers often equate a fairly bright dog with the intelligence and reasoning ability of a 3 year old human. So I put it to the peanut gallery: If somebody brought their dog over and it peed on the carpet, who should clean it up? Why would it be different for their ill behaved brat?

Nick_Ninja
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
Dog trainers often equate a fairly bright dog with the intelligence and reasoning ability of a 3 year old human. So I put it to the peanut gallery: If somebody brought their dog over and it peed on the carpet, who should clean it up? Why would it be different for their ill behaved brat?

I would call COIT and send them the bill ---- fuckers.

rforsythe
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
A wise policy.

A wiser policy would just be to avoid having people in your home who are likely to sue when their little twatwaffle of a kid skins his knee being a douchebag.

TFOGGuys
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
A wiser policy would just be to avoid having people in your home who are likely to sue when their little twatwaffle of a kid skins his knee being a douchebag.

Then you'd be an antisocial internet troll....er...wait...did I just describe myself? ermmm......nevermind

The Black Knight
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM

It's actually pretty easy, tell them are going to clean it up or pack up their stuff and their kid and leave. Pure and simple if they want to still hang out, they will go upstairs and clean it up and everything will be all cool. If not, there's the door ------->

What did you think I was going to hold them at gunpoint?? That's a bit much, besides I don't shoot someone on a petty offense.

But to clarify it even more, if I ask/tell someone to go clean up after the disaster their kid made and they don't. And then if they won't leave my house but want to sit there and argue over it. Yeah I'll physically escort them off my property.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I feel bad for you because this isn't just someone who came to your party, this is your BEST FRIEND! It goes down hill from there. I assume that your lesser friends would treat you and your home with even less respect than your BFF did! It sounds like you need a new set of friends. No friends would be better than those friends.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 06:34 AM

I totaly agree.

Tipys
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 07:18 AM

Yup agreed, I would also just put a sign outside the door that basicly say you are entering on your own feel will and the owner is not responsable for yata yata.

~Barn~
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Probably easier said than done, but I think whenever kids are going to be around chilling at anyones place, they should have an easily observed, pre-determined "play area", that they are expected to be at. Lay some ground rules down, let them know that this is "their area" and give them that entitlement, so they can feel good about it. Then make them live up to it! When it comes to "making the rules" as Doug put it, Neither Tanya nor I have any qualms about laying down the law to anyone's child. It's not out of line, and if your friends have issue with somebody else being an authority with their kids, well that's a totallly different discussion.

As a stepster to four younglings, all under the age of 7, our townhome isn't unfamilar to a birthday party here-n-there, and definitely not things like sleepovers. And of course every other room IS a kids room, but still.... There certainly aren't extended moments of free reign, because we all know the out-of-sight, out-of-mind philosophy is a pipe dream. An out of place youngster is going to be spotted with a quickness, (and addressed) 99% of the time.

And of course we let *our own* know that even though they are having friends over, their room is still their responsibility.

Does that keep it from getting done-up like a tornado went through town? No. Not 100% of the time, but you'd be darn surprised how quickly our oldest has gotten into the habit of encouraging everybody to help during "cleanup time". Encouraging everyone to "respect" toys and games. She ain't down to do all that shit herself with her little sibblings as crew, and they'll (politely) be dammed if they let their toys get man-handled. :lol:

Anyway... Sorry to hear that Doug, but I have to say it sounds somewhat preventable, and if anything the damage maybe could have been mitigated. It sounds like your house got abused, as if the kid(s) had some sort of gameplan to be destructive. :dunno: