PDA

View Full Version : And people wonder how Michael Phelps could eat that much!

~Barn~
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28996704/

Sortarican
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
At least it hasn't ruined all of his endorsement opportunities.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Vbrains/weedies.jpg

puckstr
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
those pipes are for tobacco

SaShWhO
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
fuck it
everybody's doin it
why should he not:siesta:

Sully
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
I agree Sash, but I don't think his Wheatie's contract endorses the use of it... :siesta:

Oh and "hello" :hibye: Barn... where have you been ???

~Barn~
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
I've been... um.... working on my swimming.

I'm only 8 away from tying the all-time record for Gold medals in a single Olympics.
:yes:

Sully
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Good for you.. swimming is a great cardio work out ! BTW - did you see my Steamboat post ?? :D

~Barn~
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
I did. But you said "responsible".
=)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
He just didn't have the correct equipment or rolled with the hapinin' crowd :D

http://crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/bong-squad.jpg

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/lohan-mit-bong.jpg

Sully
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
I did. But you said "responsible".
=)

C'mon.. I've seen you be responsible.. :p

TFOGGuys
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Ok...don't get me started on WADA....they flat piss me off.

Phelps may be an idiot, but he's 23 for chrissakes. I was an idiot at 23 (I'm older now). In many countries, what he appears to be doing isn't illegal. It's not a violation of WADA regs, because he's not in competition currently.

Anyone who's ever BEEN stoned will tell you that marajuana is anything BUT a performance enhancing drug (except for maybe competitive eaters), so why should we care if he takes an occasional hit?

People will use the "role model" issue to rag on him, but honestly, if they think there's a causal relationship between a picture of him with a bong and little Jimmy abandoning his swimming career to get hooked on meth, they need a serious reality check. Parents that insulate their kids from everything prepare them to deal with NOTHING when they are finally out on their own.

/rant

~Barn~
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
C'mon.. I've seen you be responsible.. :p

Well let me know when it's ink'd and I'll send you the money.

DFab
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
From CNN:
"The Richland County Sheriff's Department is making an effort to determine if Mr. Phelps broke the law. If he did, he will be charged in the same manner as anyone else. The sheriff has a responsibility to be fair, to enforce the law and to not turn a blind eye because someone is a celebrity."

What a load of crap. Sounds like they're going to make an example out him. Not exactly my idea of fair.

Sortarican
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
..People will use the "role model" issue to rag on him, ...

Really,
After all he always admitted to being a swimming junkie.

What a load of crap. Sounds like they're going to make an example out him. Not exactly my idea of fair.

They'd have to prove what was in the pipe.
It'll be used to get the county DA a sound bite on tv then disappear.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
I've been... um.... working on my swimming.

I'm only 1 away from tying the all-time record for Gold medals in The SPECIAL Olympics.
:yes:

Fixored it for ya.....:)

~Barn~
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
I like the bold and the all-caps Frank. Really brings out the subtlety in your sense of humor.

Matty
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone who's ever BEEN stoned will tell you that marajuana is anything BUT a performance enhancing drug (except for maybe competitive eaters), so why should we care if he takes an occasional hit?

That reminds me of the Robin William bit about the Snowboard Gold meadalist winner back in '98.

The part comes on around 3:28.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ButnJqrWc0Y&feature=related

PhL0aTeR
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
Ever been swimmin?
Ever been swimmin........ on WEED?

:siesta:

Criminalization FTL

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
I like the bold and the all-caps Frank. Really brings out the subtlety in your sense of humor.
When have I ever been accused of being subtle?:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Ever been swimmin?
Ever been swimmin........ on WEED?

:siesta:

Criminalization FTL
Steve and I just watched that.....hilarious.... And yes, we DID watch it...er, nevermind....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
......THAT'LL teach his unfortunate friends to hand a fully-loaded bong to a guy with the lung capacity of a sperm whale.......:siesta::shocked:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
From CYCLE NEWS:
"ROSSI TO TEST AS PLANNED AFTER RECEIVING STITCHES TO HAND AND FOOT

Valentino Rossi has received stitches to his left hand and left foot, after a slight accident at his home in Italy. The Fiat Yamaha rider was closing the curtains in his house when he tripped and fell onto a glass table, which broke, cutting the ring finger of his left hand and the sole of his left foot. He went straight to the hospital and received a few stitches to each injury. The injuries are not serious but it is not yet clear whether or not they will make him uncomfortable when riding this week. Nevertheless Rossi will fly out to Malaysia today as planned, where he will try to give 100% at the first test of the season, which starts on Thursday."

Ever try to close a curtain............on WEED?:siesta:

Matrix
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
I feel sorry for the kid. He had been ordained (right or wrong) as proof of what hard work and determination can result in. A lot of purist are going to look at this as an excuse to abandon him in search of the next pure hope (not sure one exist by the way). None the less he is probably going to loose some coin and take a hit at the next Olympics for what can be attributed to normal adolescence.
I don’t think we will see the true result of this until the next Olympics where the foreign media will make a big deal of it. Everyone hates a winner as they say.

Matty
Tue Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
you guys are forgetting he got a D.U.I. back in 'o4. For some reason i don't remember the news ever mentioning it as he was winning all his gold medals.

This will blow over just the same, and at the next olympics it'll be forgotten as he wins another bunch of gold medals.

DFab
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:02 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimming/news/story?id=3901721

Speedwagon
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 02:19 PM
you guys are forgetting he got a D.U.I. back in 'o4. For some reason i don't remember the news ever mentioning it as he was winning all his gold medals.

This will blow over just the same, and at the next olympics it'll be forgotten as he wins another bunch of gold medals.

His sponsers managed to forget that as well, but oh noes!!! he was in a pic with a bong, better drop him now!