PDA

View Full Version : 2009 R1 With MJSperformance Exhaust

R1rippin
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hey everyone, my 09 R1 (mjsperformance) will be displayed at Coyote Motorsports starting tomorrow Thursday and will be there for the weekend if you want to go check it out. It has modded exhaust on it already and sounds amazing.

PLEASE REMEMBER...NO SITTING ON THE BIKE! :)

They are off of 58th and I-25

You can see some video clips here...

http://www.mjsperformance.com/2009r1videos.htm

d3spair
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 10:46 PM
No way an R1, holy shit never seen one of those before!

PROFLYER
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Mike, don't pay any attention to the haters. Glad you got one...come on warm weather!!! Hit me up when you get her back and we'll go ride.

konichd
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I heard one with a full Akro exhaust the other day. Really a unique sound and makes getting a new R1 very tempting. If I have time I'll have to run up there and check it out.

~Barn~
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:36 AM
So what's the reason it's being displayed? I know you mentioned it having an exhaust on it, but please tell me there is more to it, than just this. (?)
:think:

R1rippin
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Mike, don't pay any attention to the haters. Glad you got one...come on warm weather!!! Hit me up when you get her back and we'll go ride.

I dont, yeah man I have been meaning to call you to come check it out and its just been absolutely crazy with orders over here!

Thanks Brotha! Talk to you soon!

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
So what's the reason it's being displayed? I know you mentioned it having an exhaust on it, but please tell me there is more to it, than just this. (?)
:think:

:imwithstupid:

What's the big deal about a new R1 that I should run up to Coyote to check it out?

Ceez
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:49 AM
:imwithstupid::imwithstupid::dunno:

Even though Coyote is not too far from me...

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM
bring the NOOB flamin:fire:

dirkterrell
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 10:08 AM
It's the one with the new big bang motor and an exhaust note that is very different from the traditional inline-4 pissed off bumblebee sound.

Dirk

~Barn~
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
So are they just going to run this dudes bike on demand, when people want to hear it?

R1rippin
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM
They were supposed to be here this morning to pick up the bike and they have not yet, so dont go yet.

They just want people who are interested in maybe buying one to be able to see one in person. And then to hear it with the exhaust, sounds much different than the others.

Its just new technology and if you love bikes then its cool to see.

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Oh, so what you're saying is that Coyote doesn't have any other 2009 R1's so they're asking to "borrow" yours as a floor model? (There are 2 '09's at Vickery)

You're going to let them just fire it up and rev the shit out of it whenever somebody wants to hear what the exhaust sounds like?

~Barn~
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Honestly.... Sounds like something that Coyote would do. Don't be surprised when you have to pay admission to hear it, too.

Or as I like to call it.... an "Aural Deposit".

hcr25
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
They are a cool bike for sure! Might not see that many being raced locally be experts though.
mike

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Any particular reason?

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
they have not picked it up yet!!

dammit-I've already cancelled my afternoon clinic and all other plans just to hear your bike.

hcr25
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Any particular reason?

Yamaha cut the contingency money they pay.

In 2008 they paid
1st - $1500
2nd - $700
3rd - $500
4th - $300
5th - $250
6th - $200
7th - $150
8th - $100
9th - $75
10th - $50

For 2009 they are paying
1st $500
2nd $300
3rd $100

A lot of the top club experts use contingency purse money to help pay for racing. If more money can be made on another brand it would make sense to switch.
mike

R1rippin
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Oh, so what you're saying is that Coyote doesn't have any other 2009 R1's so they're asking to "borrow" yours as a floor model? (There are 2 '09's at Vickery)

You're going to let them just fire it up and rev the shit out of it whenever somebody wants to hear what the exhaust sounds like?

Yeah thats what they wanted to "borrow" mine, I made out a contract but got no use out of it today, which I am actually glad they didn't pick it up.

And if they try to tomorrow, sorry deal is off.

Sorry to those who wanted to hear it.

R1rippin
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Honestly.... Sounds like something that Coyote would do. Don't be surprised when you have to pay admission to hear it, too.

Or as I like to call it.... an "Aural Deposit".

What pissed me off, is I modified a 2009 Vmax exhaust for them, brought it all the way down there, 55 miles one way for me to get there, Dave said he would be there...and wasn't...so that I could make a video for the site, because I already have people wanting it done to theirs.

So all I got to say is...I'm done

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Is that what you do for a living, custom exhaust or bike mods?

R1rippin
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Is that what you do for a living, custom exhaust or bike mods?

Yes, I am the owner of MJSperformance. Thats all we do here is exhaust full time all day long.

Sean
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Yes, I am the owner of MJSperformance. Thats all we do here is exhaust full time all day long.:up: Website looks good. Do you do exhaust that's not listed on the website? For example, old, crappy, beat up 2001 R6's? :hump:

McVaaahhh
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Yes, I am the owner of MJSperformance. Thats all we do here is exhaust full time all day long.

Sweet.

Might've gotten a better reaction if you would've said something about what you do, rather than just coming across as a noob that's like "Drop what you're doing and check out my stock R1 with an aftermarket exhaust".

You should've said "Hey everybody, I'm ____ with MJSperformance and we just did a custom pipe for an '09 R1 that sounds sick. Check it out at Coyote if you get a chance." :up:

So, now that we've got that all cleared up, what's the deal?
What kicks ass about an MJSPerformance exhaust system? HP gains? Looks? Cost?
Do you make custom exhaust for any/all bikes?

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Sweet.

Might've gotten a better reaction if you would've said something about what you do, rather than just coming across as a noob that's like "Drop what you're doing and check out my stock R1 with an aftermarket exhaust".

You should've said "Hey everybody, I'm ____ with MJSperformance and we just did a custom pipe for an '09 R1 that sounds sick. Check it out at Coyote if you get a chance." :up:

+1
also a introduction would have been nice!

MikeG
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I watched a couple of the video clips, my Termi's sound better IMO

R1rippin
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Sweet.

I've introduced our business like this before on the other forums and they did not like it and warned me not to do it anymore without being a sponsor, so I really dont need to be told how to introduce anything. This is the whole reason why I did not say it in such a manner on this forum. So dealing with those a few times gets old.

So I figured this forum was just like the others.

R1rippin
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I watched a couple of the video clips, my Termi's sound better IMO

Everyone has one...

konichd
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I like it, sounds like a thumper!

R1rippin
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Perfect example right here...I wasnt promoting anything on another forum and here is what I just got today.

Great stuff and much appreciated on the posts.. You will need to stop posting business advertising unless you would like to set up a sponsorship of the site.

Don't take it the wrong way we aren't telling you to stop being a member etc.. just not to spam advertising unless you sponsor the board.

Let me know if you have any questions...

R1rippin
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I like it, sounds like a thumper!

Hey thanks appreciate it, it sounds so much better in person I love the way this things sounds and rides.

I Need to get back to work :lol: