PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry (Messenger) Users

Spiderman
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I've recently started using BB Messenger (instead of texting) to keep in touch with a couple of other CSC members... I know there are more than a few of you out there with BlackBerrys (BlackBerries? :think: ), and I'm not asking that anybody post their PIN (unless you really want to), but if you do own a BlackBerry, and would be open to using BB Messenger to communicate with other CSC-members/BB-owners, post up here. If another CSC member wants your PIN, they can send you a PM. 8)

gtn
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
BlackBerrys are evil incarnate! Run! :shocked:

:lol:

slayermd
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Damn, always gotta leave out the Windows Mobile users.

But if I ever get a BB (which could happen within the month) I would like to join up.

Devaclis
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Babs, I will PM you mine tomorrow :)

DevilsTonic
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
iPhone FTW!!

Devaclis
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM
BES FTW :)

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 08:26 PM
well shucks.. you just have to leave all of us technically disadvantaged out, dontcha? lol

rforsythe
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
BES is a steamy pile of crap, along with Blackberries. I've shut my work BB off once and for all.

Spiderman
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Babs, I will PM you mine tomorrow :)
:up:

I've shut my work BB off once and for all.Really?

rforsythe
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Yes really. I'm getting some expense reimbursement for the monthly bill on the iPhone now, which works just fine with the exchange mail.

After my third Blackberry, all crap, I am done with it. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for them.

Tipys
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Yup my Blackberry broke again for the 3rd time first 2 were my fault but now have the G1.

So G1 FTW

Foolds
Wed Feb 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I got a BB and would be open to people, pm me for pin

1ofTheBoys
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I have a BB so if any of you want to stay in touch I have the BB messenger as well as the Yahoo messenger set up on my phone.

Scribbler
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I use BBM all the time rather than SMS/MMS.

Maybe you could add a BBM Pin field in the user profiles to be displayed, just like the IM clients are?

Player 2
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:25 PM
iPhone FTW!!

:slappers:

It'll be interesting to see how things go when RIM releases the BlackBerry App store. The Storm can certainly give the Iphone a run for the money if App developers show it some love :up:

rforsythe
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
:slappers:

It'll be interesting to see how things go when RIM releases the BlackBerry App store. The Storm can certainly give the Iphone a run for the money if App developers show it some love :up:

It's polish on a turd. The Blackberry is fundamentally a piece of shit, no cool website or app store is going to fix that. The apps aren't the issue. The phone just isn't made well.

Player 2
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Funny, I'd take my Storm over a Iphone any day

rforsythe
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I have 3 useless Blackberries that say differently. :)

Player 2
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I have 3 useless Blackberries that say differently. :)
I'm not saying that there aren't shitty Blackberry models. I just prefer my Storm over the Iphones I've used. The Storm is a pretty solid phone :up:

Tipys
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:48 PM
The storm hasnt been around long enough to break down yet.

Player 2
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:52 PM
The storm hasnt been around long enough to break down yet.

Sure it has. The stock OS runs like shit. You have to update to a leaked OS release to really enjoy using the Storm ;)

Devaclis
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Devaclis
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I would take any of the BB's I have had over the iPhone, for what I use them for.

The BB is just MUCH better at corporate communications. I do not need gimmicks or iBeer, or shitty GPS utilization. I need Exchange email, REAL beer, and a GPS that actually functional.

I need all of that for less than 1100 a year, including the price of the phone.

I have tested the iPhone, Curve, Pearl, Storm, and a few others VERY heavily. Not just using them for 2 hours and dumping them, TESTING the ever loving hell out of them. BB FTW.

Tipys
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Sure it has. The stock OS runs like shit. You have to update to a leaked OS release to really enjoy using the Storm ;)

All I heard was have to update to make it better. I can update a GEO and make it a Corvette. But it would still be a GEO

Sean
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Noob blackberry guy here. Just got it this week. Can someone give me some more info on this. what is it? :dunno: Yes, I know I could search, I'm just trying to help someone up their post count :up: thnx

Tipys
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Upping post count

rforsythe
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Upping post count

No you're not. :twisted:

Tipys
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 01:10 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Player 2
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
All I heard was have to update to make it better. I can update a GEO and make it a Corvette. But it would still be a GEO
Wrong analogy...

You CAN update a Corvette and make it stronger and faster ;)

Iphones are popular because Steve Jobs told you they should be. They're not popular because they're productive phones. (although they have some kick ass apps available)

Gramps
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Jon is the roughest guy on motorcycles and telephones I have ever seen.

if he says that the storm is durable then the thing must be bomb proof

BB FTW!

:)

Player 2
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 04:08 PM
:spit:

Spiderman
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Noob blackberry guy here. Just got it this week. Can someone give me some more info on this. what is it? :dunno: Yes, I know I could search, I'm just trying to help someone up their post count :up: thnx
Look for the BB Messenger Icon - when you roll over the top of it, it will look like the 2 balloons on the left side of this pic:
http://www.blackberryinsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/blackberry_messenger.jpg

It's an Instant Message service (like Yahoo! IM, MSN Messenger, AOL, GTalk, etc.), but it can only be used to talk to other Blackberry devices. You need to know the PIN of the BB device you're going to be communicating with so you can add it to your address book (either your general address book, or just in the BB Messenger address book). To find out your PIN, you can go into: Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation. Alternatively, you could send a text message or email (to someone you wish to communicate via BB Messenger with), and in the body of the message, type "mypin ". As soon as you hit the space after the "n", the word "mypin" will be transformed to "pin: xxxxxxxx"

Kewl? 8)

Sean
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Look for the BB Messenger Icon - when you roll over the top of it, it will look like the 2 balloons on the left side of this pic:
http://www.blackberryinsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/blackberry_messenger.jpg

It's an Instant Message service (like Yahoo! IM, MSN Messenger, AOL, GTalk, etc.), but it can only be used to talk to other Blackberry devices. You need to know the PIN of the BB device you're going to be communicating with so you can add it to your address book (either your general address book, or just in the BB Messenger address book). To find out your PIN, you can go into: Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation. Alternatively, you could type "mypin " in a text msg or email, and as soon as you hit the space after the "n", the word "mypin" will be transformed to "pin: xxxxxxxx"

Kewl? 8):up: Thanks Bob!

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Well I just cracked and hooked myself up with a Storm, so I'll be joining in the mess too! Now to see if I can take Bob's instructions and figure out my PIN.

I see my PIN now, but what email address is it looking for? Am I able to use my comcast addy in there, or do I need to set up a separate BB acct as well?

Spiderman
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry, I was a bit unclear on my instructions regarding email - email isn't required to use BB Messenger, I was just saying you could send an email (or text message) to somebody you want to use BB Messenger with, and send them your PIN that way. I've updated the instructions - hopefully they're clearer now.

I've also sent you a PM to help get you started. 8)

Scribbler
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I see my PIN now, but what email address is it looking for? Am I able to use my comcast addy in there, or do I need to set up a separate BB acct as well?
You posted this a while ago so I'm gonna guess you have probably figger'd it out by now, but you can setup any email account you currently have on your Storm.

I'm using the Storm as well. If ya have any questions, just BBM me pin# 304C913C.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 10:21 AM
You posted this a while ago so I'm gonna guess you have probably figger'd it out by now, but you can setup any email account you currently have on your Storm.

I'm using the Storm as well. If ya have any questions, just BBM me pin# 304C913C.
Awesome, just sent you a BBM - thanks! Bob actually helped me a ton getting it set up last night! My PIN is 305364A9 if anybody is interested!

modette99
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM