PDA

View Full Version : We made it to Texas

1ofTheBoys
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:14 AM
So after making a few stops along the way, Amanda and I made it to New Braunfels, TX (San Antonio) last night. It was a long drive but we made it with no issues. The pack job that Bob did held up the entire trip and my truck ran great.

I want to thank everyone that helped us get packed and on the road (you know who you are). I couldn't have done it without you.

See ya all when we visit.

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Glad to hear you made it! We miss you!

Sortarican
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Good News: You made it without incident.:)

Bad News: You're now in Texas.:(

Devaclis
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Sweet! New Braunfels is where they made my BBQ/Smoker :) Awesome town too.

Hit up the River Walk in SAN when you can and send us PICS!!!

Snowman
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Glad to see you made it…
Just remember the road kill is not chili meat.

64BonnieLass
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Right on Sheila. Let us know how you and Amanda are holding up once you get settled in. (I'll bet the TX sun feels great right now.) :)

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
miss you terribly!

so Bob is a good shitpacker ey?:hump:

dirkterrell
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Hit up the River Walk in SAN when you can and send us PICS!!!

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/plusone.gif The River Walk is awesome! Glad to hear that you gals made it ok.

Dirk

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Go see a Spurs game. Especially when the Nuggets come down there and put the smack down on Tony Parker and the gang. :D

Sean
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Glad to hear you made it down under okay :up: What a boring freakin drive it is! You should start dividing your time fairly evenly between the Gristmill and Schlitterbahn (although I don't think it opens till later in the year). If you head down to S.A. I can suggest LOTS of good places to eat. I would love to have the Tacos Nortenos at El Mira Sol!!!! Hope everything goes really well in your new home!

bulldog
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Glad you all made it safe. I am still laughing to myself when Bob told me on Saturday night that you made a wrong turn and were in Las Vegas, NV. I then let him know there is a Las Vegas, NM and we got a good laugh over him thinking that was a really long wrong turn :lol:

SumoWeezle
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Glad you guys made it all safe and sound! Now hurry up and get back here... :D

Scer
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Good to hear that you guys made it ok!! As soon as things settle a little more here then hopefully I can make my way down there for some fun in the TexASS sun. Save a 250 for me. Good luck with all (trips coming up) and have fun.

play on playa

Wyck
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Miss you guys already! Glad to hear you made it without any problems. Don't have too much fun in the sun! :)

Spiderman
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
The pack job that Bob did held up the entire trip ...
Did the plastic-wrap hold up the whole way?!? :shock: (ever try plastic-wrapping an entire open trailer? :lol: )

Inside joke: "Hey, guess what I wore to bed last night?: ;)

so Bob is a good shitpacker ey?:hump:I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not, but either way, I think I should plead the 5th! :lol:

I am still laughing to myself when Bob told me on Saturday night that you made a wrong turn and were in Las Vegas, NV. I then let him know there is a Las Vegas, NM and we got a good laugh over him thinking that was a really long wrong turn :lol:
:oops: That was freakin hilarious tho!!! :lol:

rforsythe
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/plusone.gif The River Walk is awesome! Glad to hear that you gals made it ok.

Dirk

+1. Look for a BBQ place on the lower level. If it's still there, the food is incredible and IIRC they bring out gigantic platters of the stuff. That was when I was a kid though so who knows if it still exists. Do tell though, cause I could almost make a special trip to SAN just to eat there. :yumyum:

~Barn~
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM
So you're saying that this whole "moving to Texas" bit, was real?

Glad you guys are "home".

1ofTheBoys
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Glad to hear you made it! We miss you!

Miss you guys already! Glad to hear you made it without any problems. Don't have too much fun in the sun! :)
I miss you all too but it sure was nice to go outside in the 70 degree weather.

Did the plastic-wrap hold up the whole way?!? :shock: (ever try plastic-wrapping an entire open trailer? :lol: )

Inside joke: "Hey, guess what I wore to bed last night?: ;)

Yes it did for the most part. See pic.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 03:45 PM
what are you talking about...it's 70 degrees here.

Airreed
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Damn, I just rode my RC51 to Killeen (2 hours from San Antonio) to she my sister who just had a baby. The ride was alot better than i was expecting...did it in a day and a half...stayed in Wichtia Falls for the night.

I also went to San Antonio to see my other sister and did the Alamo and River Walk...
I pack up and head North on Friday and im going to miss the REAL Pit BBQ.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Feb 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Good News: You made it without incident.:)

Bad News: You're now in Texas.:(
My thoughts exactly, but.......Texas is so much nicer now with such a sweet person there! Almost makes up for "W", doesn't it?:)

Glad to see you gals made it ok, and we'll miss ya terribly......:(

1ofTheBoys
Sat Feb 7th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Damn I've been so busy unpacking I didn't get a chance to say hi.

My thoughts exactly, but.......Texas is so much nicer now with such a sweet person there! Almost makes up for "W", doesn't it?:)

Glad to see you gals made it ok, and we'll miss ya terribly......:(
Ah thanks Frank.

haywood jablome
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Wish i knew you were down here we could have hooked up.... I live in SA now!! I miss riding with all ya'all

Damn, I just rode my RC51 to Killeen (2 hours from San Antonio) to she my sister who just had a baby. The ride was alot better than i was expecting...did it in a day and a half...stayed in Wichtia Falls for the night.

I also went to San Antonio to see my other sister and did the Alamo and River Walk...

Bat
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Hey girl! Glad to hear you and Amanda are safe and sound. :)

I am in protest - I refuse to meet the new neighbors! It's not you so bah, humbug! :puppy:

Molly is settling in here, her appetite is good and she was even curled up on one of her pillows with one of the cats yesterday. We are giving her lots of extra love on your behalf. Lol, she is trying to lick my hand while I type this - hmmm, how does she know?

And we have been ever so upset you left, we had to add a Porsche to the toy collection to help with the grieving process. See what you've caused?! :roll:

Looking forward to seeing you in the near future though. :)

Spiderman
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:48 AM
And we have been ever so upset you left, we had to add a Porsche to the toy collection to help with the grieving process.
:spit:

:up:

1ofTheBoys
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Hey girl! Glad to hear you and Amanda are safe and sound. :)

I am in protest - I refuse to meet the new neighbors! It's not you so bah, humbug! :puppy:

Molly is settling in here, her appetite is good and she was even curled up on one of her pillows with one of the cats yesterday. We are giving her lots of extra love on your behalf. Lol, she is trying to lick my hand while I type this - hmmm, how does she know?

And we have been ever so upset you left, we had to add a Porsche to the toy collection to help with the grieving process. See what you've caused?! :roll:

Looking forward to seeing you in the near future though. :)
Oh now I'm sad. I miss hearing the ducks start up all hours of the day or night. Even had to go into a Ducati shop yesterday just to hear the sound.

Give Molly a big hug for me...glad she is settling in. Can't wait to see her (and you two) when I come back up.

I new the Porsche was going to get to you but where the heck are you going to store it? There's no room in the garage with all the other toy's.

sprtbkbabe
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 09:49 AM
New Braunfels is the only place in Texas worth it IMO: http://af1racing.com/ Home to the best Aprilia shop in the USA. Steve is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable.

Glad you and my little niece-y made it safe :(

1ofTheBoys
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
New Braunfels is the only place in Texas worth it IMO: http://af1racing.com/ Home to the best Aprilia shop in the USA. Steve is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable.

Glad you and my little niece-y made it safe :(
I stopped in there on Thursday to promote my Brother-in-laws business and R2SL. Really nice bunch of guys. Can't believe how much Internet business they do out of that shop. Guess you'll have to come down and visit so you can go to the shop.

DevilsTonic
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I think we should get everyone together like we did for your party and come kidnap you back. :)