PDA

View Full Version : ahhh... the more things 'change', the more things stay the same...

salsashark
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Just one in a long line of articles sprouting up all over the interwebz...

In stimulus bills, earmarks by any other name
ProPublica: Despite Obama's vow, package has perks for special interests (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29025047/)

So our country's economic state is circling the drain... let's print a bunch of money and hand it out to a bunch of special interests! Yup, that'll work. :banghead:

Filo
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
You are just pissed because you are not a special interest. I suggest we start a lobbying group and become our own special interest. I'll bet we could swing that - "The CSC Benevolent Fund". We will use the monies to stimulate the local motorcycle economy in Colorado. Ducatis and Aprillias for everyone!

salsashark
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I like how you think!

I'd even be willing to ride a Buell... you know, with the "Buy American" clause that has Australia and Japan pissed off, plus Europe threatening legal action, it may be wise to go with an American bike so we can keep the artificial injection of money into the economy.

Mental
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 11:50 AM
You are just pissed because you are not a special interest. I suggest we start a lobbying group and become our own special interest. I'll bet we could swing that - "The CSC Benevolent Fund". We will use the monies to stimulate the local motorcycle economy in Colorado. Ducatis and Aprillias for everyone!

You could sell the Aprillas becuase they are owned by HD, but the Ducs would be a hard sell.

We need a first round of stimulus to pay for a retreat to Vegas so we can figure out the second phase of the plan.

longrider
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
You could sell the Aprillas becuase they are owned by HD, but the Ducs would be a hard sell.

Just an FYI, MV Agusta is the Italian company owned by HD. Aprilia is owned by Piaggio, still very much Italian

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM
We need a first round of stimulus to pay for a retreat to Vegas so we can figure out the second phase of the plan.

Oh my YES! I second this motion!!

But we need to make sure that the second phase will be large enough to cover us all to ride all of the time. No need to worry about that pesky work thing.

MetaLord 9
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Just an FYI, MV Agusta is the Italian company owned by HD. Aprilia is owned by Piaggio, still very much Italian
Agusta's for EVERYONE!!!

FZ1Guy
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
:) Yipeeeeee.... I'll take two... :hump:

Agusta's for EVERYONE!!!

MetaLord 9
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 02:45 PM
^^ Hey, don't be greedy now! You get an Agusta and a Buel

t_jolt
Thu Feb 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM
What are you talking about, i've been wasteful with everything, and besides after i wreck the first one, ill come back and settle with another one. :)