PDA

View Full Version : F4i Bodywork Removal - What a pain!!

Rick T.
Sun Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Holy stripped-nut Batman... :o Helped a buddy out ysterday with his '02 CBR F4i - just installed a new exhaust, did an oil change, and put new bodywork on his bike. Anyhow, discovered WHAT A PAIN it was to r/r the body work (no quick release/DZUS-type fasteners). The rear piece was especially a pain in da ass to reinstall! Anyhow, my Triumphs and Aprilia seem 100% easier/quicker (especially the Mille)... and I don't remember my '93 CBR 900 RR being that much of a pain either... :)

Erratic
Sun Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:50 AM
you haven't seen nothin, try working on a '93 Katana :lol:

yakuza
Sun Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:18 AM
Yes, the stock bodywork is kind of annoying on the F4i. I got pretty quick at putting it on and taking it off after a couple times. And now my race bodywork can be off the bike in about 2 minutes. :D

Rick T.
Sun Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:31 PM
I wonder if the new 600RR is as much a pain to undress? Since it's track-oriented and all...

brandon
Tue Jul 15th, 2003, 11:33 PM
I can get the plastics stripped down to only headlight/front faring now in about 15 minutes. However, I've done it a few too many times now and have lost a couple of the screws... oh well, I like zip ties more anyhow. ;)

I think the worst part is trying to mess with the plastic screws on the bottom of the fairing under the the bike, and the ones on my hotbodies racing undertail. They make me grumpy.

But yes, that first time you try to take them off, its a huge pain.

Anonymous
Wed Jul 16th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Welcome to Honda bodywork. :roll: