PDA

View Full Version : 4 Corners Riders?

co_gixxerguy
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 08:46 PM
New to the site...lookin for riders in the area to hit the hills with in the spring/summer.

SL9
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I'm in Durango and Grand Junction area. Got a K7 Suzuki GSXR 600.

co_gixxerguy
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 03:03 PM
kewl... still waiting for the roads to clear up here but hoping to be able to ride around april. I was beginning to think id have to go to Denver to find someone to ride with

SL9
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 03:39 PM
ya, kinda seemed like the snow was lettin up there for a bit. Then this week its back at it and should kinda stick around till next week im hearing.

it does seem like a lot of riders are in the denver area....and not many out in the open around these parts, but i guess that goes wit the territory. They are all missin out on some good roads round here though.

I have already talked to some guys from Farmingtion that do 550 up and around here, so once the temps get higher and the roads are good its time to ride.

Gixxer.com is a good site/forum that i talk mods and stuff people from all over. If ur not on that forum u should join. good stuff. keep in touch. :cheers:

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Well if I am ever afforded the opportunity to bring my bike to work with me, I'd head west instead of home and meet up with ya all!

SL9
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Well if I am ever afforded the opportunity to bring my bike to work with me, I'd head west instead of home and meet up with ya all!

Good deal! Keep us posted for sure. :cheers:

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
No problemo, will do!

co_gixxerguy
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Where do you work? Its a pretty fair bet its gonna be a ride for me to goet to somebody to ride with anyway...maybe momma and i can meet you guys somewhere.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I work the whole mess of oil/gas development in the Meeker/Rifle/Rangely area.

JohnEffinK
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I LOVE Durango. Go every year to mtnbike.

Post when the weather gets nice and I will be willing to put pedalpower to rest and throttle down for the weekend.

Need a El Patio fish taco fix and Lady Chamberlain beerfest....

John

SL9
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I LOVE Durango. Go every year to mtnbike.

Post when the weather gets nice and I will be willing to put pedalpower to rest and throttle down for the weekend.

Need a El Patio fish taco fix and Lady Chamberlain beerfest....

John

ya man, good bike pedaling to be done around here for sure.

Once the weather clears, its all bout the throttle.

I'll be sure to let people know when I pull my bike out. :hump:

co_gixxerguy
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Right on guys...i put my yahoo id on here....feel free to contact me there or send personal message and we'll get hooked up for a ride and some eats...gonna be mid april before i can get my bike outta the mothballs and hopefully we can meet up in Montrose and do the loop thru Telluride, Durango, and Silverton.

JohnEffinK
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Cool. Racing the train is a might easier on a mc.......

John

co_gixxerguy
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM
lol...tru dat....hopin that race doesnt get snowed out this year

SL9
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 11:48 PM
All my contact info is on my public profile. Holla whenevers. :up:

zx6rpete
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Durango here too. I posted up last summer and got zero responses. I don't like riding the back country by myself so I didn't ride too much and ended up spending my weekends mountain biking. Anyhow, I'd be down for a weekend morning ride anytime.

SL9
Thu Mar 5th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Durango here too. I posted up last summer and got zero responses. I don't like riding the back country by myself so I didn't ride too much and ended up spending my weekends mountain biking. Anyhow, I'd be down for a weekend morning ride anytime.

Right on. Waitin for the temps to get a little higher up around the mountains b4 I bring my bike over. I'm up at Fort Lewis. I'll def be puttin the word out when I will be riding in the area. :hump:

SL9
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Figured I would put a little to update on here to brush away the cob-webs of this thread.

Temps are good enough around the Grand Junction and Durango area for riding...and if people wit bikes round those parts are not out and enjoying the ride I dont know what is up. However, temps over the passes, such as Colbank, Molas, & Red Mtn. are still sub-par for comforable rides. Which is why I been riding for the past couple weekends back home in Grand Junction, but have not brought my bike over to Durango. Soon though. Thinkin by beginning of April, which isnt long. So, keep me posted on whats up.

Also, Colbank, Molas, & Red Mtn. road conditions still have a good amount of gravel and sand here and there from the winters maintanence crews and there are some snow melt run offs over some parts of the roads that look a little slushy now and then depending on the amount of melting snow along the sides of the road. Lookin better each time I drive other though.