PDA

View Full Version : I think it's pretty badass

Think
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090208/Airport.Mustang/

The Black Knight
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Looks good to me, I like it. I think the guy who designed it did a great job.

Speedwagon
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I just don't get the red eyes it has.

Think
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I just don't get the red eyes it has.
Adds to the badassery. Means don't f*ck with CO, Texas ain't got shit on us.

McVaaahhh
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I think it's horrible and has no place at the airport.

That thing looks fucking evil.

bulldog
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:27 AM
WOW, it is "anatomically" correct and all!!!!! :lol:

Bueller
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I am passionately apathetic

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
first time I saw it I nearly drove off the road. Damn Demon Horse is effectively saying "WELCOME TO DENVER FUCK YOU!!!!!!"

Sortarican
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:49 AM
"Blucifer"....:lol:

I like the california guys comment:
Stan Ryland, a business development manager from Huntington Beach, Calif., isn't bothered by the horse's look.
"That's what horses in the wild look like," he said as he waited to board a plane Saturday. "They survived the wilderness and the mean ones led the pack."

Yeah Stan, that's exactly what wild mustangs look like. :banghead:

salsashark
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
It's public art... loved by few, hated by most, paid for by all of us.

This is the only 'Blue Mustang' that I truly love

http://www.qv500.com/Shelby%20GT350%20P2%201.jpg

Bueller
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:52 AM
It's public art... loved by few, hated by most, paid for by all of us :/
Its forcing you to open your horizons.:drink:

salsashark
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM
No if we could make the blue horse fight the blue bear that's in front of the convention center... That would be horizon opening!

rforsythe
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I for one welcome our new blue demon-horse overlords.

Some folks need to chill a bit, not all art is cute and fluffy, or nature scenes and crap. Whether I like the thing or not, it's cool that the city put something there which people will talk about. (I'm not sure I feel the same way about the paintings inside, but whatever.)

Snowman
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Yea, they had to tone back the original design for cost concerns. The belching fire from the horses mouth and the headless rider throwing burning pumpkins at Texans and Californians arriving was just not cost effective.

Think
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 10:03 AM
first time I saw it I nearly drove off the road. Damn Demon Horse is effectively saying "WELCOME TO DENVER FUCK YOU!!!!!!"
AMEN!

Yea, they had to tone back the original design for cost concerns. The belching fire from the horses mouth and the headless rider throwing burning pumpkins at Texans and Californians arriving was just not cost effective.
That would be the most epic thing ever.

Devaclis
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I like the people who have never seen it in person who are hating it.

First off, if you hate it because it looks like a demon, you are a 4 year old child. Really. Still sleep with the light on do ya? Scared of what is in the closet?

4th, As art, it is subjective. I think that is the best thing about art. Some people LOVE Picasso. I tend to think that his work is childish and uninspiring. It lacks depth and his symmetry is implied only by imaginary lines. Not a fan, but a LOT of people are. Maybe we should ban his art?

b. You do not CHANGE art. Making it white or changing the color of its eyes is akin to destroying the artists origional vision.

Isaiah 53:5 - If you are REALLY that worried about what other people think of Denvers image, a large blue horse is not the place to wage your war. try volunteering in a soup kitchen. Become a big brother/sister. Involve yourself and your family in productive community projects. Bitching about a "spooky horse" is doing nothing but allowing you to hop on the back of that bandwagon called "look I'm an idiot"

I don't really like it. I think it is gaudy and it's placement leaves a bit to be desired. but you can't rally please everyone can you?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
It's public art... loved by few, hated by most, paid for by all of us.

This is the only 'Blue Mustang' that I truly love

http://www.qv500.com/Shelby%20GT350%20P2%201.jpg
Nice. If you like that, you should go to the Shelby museum in Gunbarrel, just North of Boulder on the diagonal. amazing stuff there, including the very first GT350 development mule. My favorite is the absolutely gorgeous Ferrari that Shelby (and Fangio, Phil hill, Richie Ginther, and ALL the great names of the era) drove. It's only, oh, about an $8 million dollar car!:shocked:

rforsythe
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Nice. If you like that, you should go to the Shelby museum in Gunbarrel, just North of Boulder on the diagonal. amazing stuff there, including the very first GT350 development mule. My favorite is the absolutely gorgeous Ferrari that Shelby (and Fangio, Phil hill, Richie Ginther, and ALL the great names of the era) drove. It's only, oh, about an $8 million dollar car!:shocked:

I can also recommend the Shelby museum at the Vegas raceway. Lots of good cars in there.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I can also recommend the Shelby museum at the Vegas raceway. Lots of good cars in there.Threadjack, but here's another one:
At the old Imperial Palace, they had a fantastic collection of cars. My favorites were the Deusenburgs(sp?). Especially the red/orange and black roadster. I don't know what happened to the collection, but when me and X1 saw it in the early '90's it was awesome.

SamuraiX
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 11:36 AM
An art piece that KILLS its creator = solid proof of it being evil.

and that shit is god awful looking.

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
First off, if you hate it because it looks like a demon, you are a 4 year old child. Really. Still sleep with the light on do ya? Scared of what is in the closet?
The only thing that's in the closet that I'm scared of is Cycle Monkey.
Nah, I hate it 'cause it looks like a demon, but mostly because when arriving to Denver and driving out of DIA you see three things: Mountains (wow Colorado is GREAT!), brown and yellow grass/weeds (Ok, so this is what an arid climate looks like), and demon horse (wtf is that and who the fuck thought that was a good idea?). If I don't look like it because it does look like a demon does not mean that I am a. afraid of it, b. a child, c. possessing of an opinion any less valid than your own.

4th, As art, it is subjective. I think that is the best thing about art. Some people LOVE Picasso. I tend to think that his work is childish and uninspiring. It lacks depth and his symmetry is implied only by imaginary lines. Not a fan, but a LOT of people are. Maybe we should ban his art?

b. You do not CHANGE art. Making it white or changing the color of its eyes is akin to destroying the artists origional vision.
It's not a censorship issue, it's a placement issue. Not all art is good art. Not all good art is universally acceptible. Not all universally acceptible art is a good fit for every place. The horse is fine but it fails to provide a sense of welcome to arrivals at DIA. Just because it's art doesn't mean we have to place it there. It can be just as artistic and, probably more, appreciated elsewhere.

Isaiah 53:5 - If you are REALLY that worried about what other people think of Denvers image, a large blue horse is not the place to wage your war. try volunteering in a soup kitchen. Become a big brother/sister. Involve yourself and your family in productive community projects.
Yeah, because when I land at an airport in a new city the first thing I do is check out the soup kitchens to get a good feel for the character of a city. BS, this is the same line of reasoning as the "Don't vote, don't bitch" mantra that you railed so vehemently against during election season.

Bitching about a "spooky horse" is doing nothing but allowing you to hop on the back of that bandwagon called "look I'm an idiot"
And expressing your opinion on the internet is just as open to free speech and interpretation as art, if not moreso. Agreeing with people is not jumping on the bandwagon. Agreeing with people to be popular and liked may be, but I don't think anyone's voicing their opions here to get others to like them.

I don't really like it. I think it is gaudy and it's placement leaves a bit to be desired. but you can't rally please everyone can you?
Agreed. Now lets drink beer!

Sortarican
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
As one of the only TRUE artists on this board I think the rest of you are perochial and provincial in your views.

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 01:50 PM
:bites thumb:

TFOGGuys
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 01:54 PM

:spit: ROFLMAO

Nick_Ninja
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I say we take paintball guns to the damn thing.

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
:imwithstupid:

InlineSIX24
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM
If it scares off some of the Californians I'm all for it.

MetaLord 9
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM
:lol: :spit: :pointlaugh:
nice avatar :D

teamhypoxia
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Maybe we should erect a giant red electric penis next to it.