PDA

View Full Version : HPR help

Crashdaddy
Sun Feb 8th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hi Guys and Girls

I have been working out at High Plains Raceway the last couple weeks. All that we are doing is screwing tires together in bundles so they can then be moved out to the barriers around the track.

I felt kinda bad when I found out there were only two motorcyclists there (me and one other). Got grief from alot of the car guys (of which there were lots) for not supporting the track as much as we should.

I know everybody has a life to live, and money is getting tight, but I sure would like to see more of us out there. I am not bitching about it, just trying to be positive and let you guys know they need all the help they can get.

If interested in car pooling, that would be great. I can haul 4 people in my truck. They are working Fri-Sat-Sun. :bananna:

Thanks!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 07:17 AM
What hours are they out there doing this for each of those days? I might be able to get out there on one of those days for a few hours to help out.

Thanks for posting/reminding us about our new track.

DevilsTonic
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:20 AM
+1 post the details, days, hours work that needs to be done, I'm happy to round up some hooligans and donate some time for the cause.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:46 AM
go here http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/directory

chad23
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I work on Fridays and Saturdays, if i have free time on Sundays I would be willing to help. Is there a # or someone to call to see what is need and to arrange to help

chad23
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:56 AM
uglydog must have been reading my mind

Crashdaddy
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Ted Winning is managing the work being done. He is there about 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM (not exact times) Fri-Sun, but you can come or go whenever you would like. Cool thing about being a volunteer.

Best bet is to use the link UglyDog posted to see what the schedule is before you go. I will warn you it gets windy out there, so bring appropriate clothing. Lunch and water are provided, but please let him know you are coming so he has enough.

I did get to go around the track twice. We are in for a great time out there. Great elevation changes, decreasing radius and off camber turns, and an almost exact replica of the "Attitudes" at Miller Motorsports.

Personally, I can't wait.

beavisr1
Mon Feb 9th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I would love to go and help. Anyone want to watch my kids on friday so I can go tire busting. Also does anyone know if some one voulentiers if it counts for novice hours?

hcr25
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Sorry, it does not count towards novice hours for the MRA.

Scer
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 12:22 PM
A buddy from the SCCA and I are planning on helping out this Sunday in case anybody else wants to carpool over to HPR. Weather pending of course..

help on helpas