PDA

View Full Version : new business ....sbktours

gravee1k
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 05:28 AM
looks like fun, might have to give it a try just to ride the MV!!!!

sbktours.com

Bueller
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Hmmmmm.....

For the lazy (http://sbktours.com/experience)

gravee1k
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 05:41 AM
I can see good and bad to it, if your an experienced rider it might be to slow paced, etc. If your looking for a new liter bike it could give you a good comparison of a few choices back to backin real world riding conditions. It's a new start so if it survives maybe they will expand the program later and make it a bit more fast paced......

Matrix
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Good mix of bikes. There are several that I have wanted to ride but never had the oppurtunity. Kind of suprised their is no CBR though.

Wyck
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I would think about it if they had anything I wanted to test ride before I buy in April

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Sounds like a good way for n00bs to wad someone elses shit...
Aside from that, I'm not sure if I'd really want to be on the road through "Colorado twisties" with a group of folks I didn't know on a pack of bikes they don't know. Sounds like you've got just enough time to get semi-used to the bike you're on before switching, so the entire day is a learning curve

Bueller
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a good way for n00bs to wad someone elses shit...
Aside from that, I'm not sure if I'd really want to be on the road through "Colorado twisties" with a group of folks I didn't know on a pack of bikes they don't know. Sounds like you've got just enough time to get semi-used to the bike you're on before switching, so the entire day is a learning curve
:roll:
don't think I'd worry too much about any of that, sounds like a great chance to ride a bunch of different makes for a reasonable price, compared to renting 1 bike for 150ish
It's really not a big deal to step onto different bikes for a decent rider, and I wouldn't ride with half the asshats I pull out of the MOCO with but never see again a few miles up the road:turtle:

bulldog
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
May be my only shot at riding a MV Agusta :lol: I'll still pass though...

:idea:Doesn't DK's (Konich) shop now rent bikes!!!! He was telling me about that at Brecks the other day.

konichd
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Yes I do :) Also remember you "wad" up one of these bikes you buy it. Also you get my bike for the whole day, cheaper.

If your looking for a high end bike to test this isn't too bad of a deal.

dchd1130
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I think its a great program for me. Im going to be in the market for a new bike this year. Ive been riding a CBR954. Ive had my eye on the Duc and the MV so.... Its the perfect opportunity for me.

#1Townie
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I think its a great program for me. Im going to be in the market for a new bike this year. Ive been riding a CBR954. Ive had my eye on the Duc and the MV so.... Its the perfect opportunity for me.

watcha gunna do with that 954???

asp_125
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I think that's their focus - for riders just wanting a taste of these high end liter bikes. Kind of like that supercars outfit where you get to drive (under supervision) Lambos and Ferraris. Surprised there is no CBR-1000RR with this bunch. Not sure if it's a viable long term business model, but might be those things that I'd try once.

Slacker
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Hmmmmm.....

For the lazy (http://sbktours.com/experience)

Thank you! :)