PDA

View Full Version : Legalize It!!!!!!!!!!

dallas
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
On my 05 CRF 450 R I am trying to come up with some battery operated turn signals so I can be legal to ride on Ft. Carson.

My questions to my fellow CSC'ers would be, does anyone tinker with electronics, ie. small flashing IC circuits pushing about 6 or 8 LED's per side? I am looking at something to run off a 9V or a couple AA's or ???

It just needs to flash when activated.

Oh yeah, this is a cicuit design question not really a bike question, hence the posting in General as opposed to Bike Tech.

Sortarican
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
You don't legally need to have turn signals, just a headlight and tail/brake light.
If that helps.

Devaclis
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Do you want them to work or do you want me to make them?

Devaclis
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM
You don't legally need to have turn signals, just a headlight and tail/brake light.
If that helps.

And 1 mirror and a horn. Everything else is optional.

dallas
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM
If that helps.
You are correct for the state of Colorado. For riding on Ft. Carson, they are required.

dallas
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Do you want them to work or do you want me to make them?
I just need a little help with the design. I can solder and put them together, I just need help designing the circuit. I usually put stuff together and if I fry anything replace it with something bigger until it works. I am trying to save myself that hassle.

#1Townie
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 10:04 AM
iam4u2nv on here is a wiz kid with elctrical.. he re wired a ton of stuff on my stunt bike... he hasnt posted in forever but send him a pm and see what he says...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
And 1 mirror and a horn. Everything else is optional.
I understand the mirror, but can't you just substitute the middle finger for a horn?:alien::)

dallas
Tue Feb 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I understand the mirror, but can't you just substitute the middle finger for a horn?:alien::)

I usually do!!!! The horn is only there for "legal reasons"......