PDA

View Full Version : A funny persepective on bikes...

Dogsbody
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Jeremy Clarkson is also the host of Top Gear on BBCAmerica, a pretty decent show in its own right. Be sure to read his other rants in his review section. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article4963194.ece

t_jolt
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Whatever. Because they are so knowledgeable, they will know precisely why the bike you select is rubbish and why theirs is superb. Mostly, this has something to do with “getting your knee down”, which is a practice undertaken by bikers moments before the crash that ends their life.

ahahahaha

Captain Obvious
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 12:49 PM
"pretty decent show in its own right"

Bit of an understatement huh? :) Show freaking rocks!

But Clarkson has always had a hard on against bikes. Still a pretty funny article.

Snowman
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 12:59 PM
This shows the great difference between American and British philosophy on driving. They do not believe it is a right to drive where here (even though it is not) we do.

I doubt 50% of current drivers here could pass a British qualification on the first try. Quick frankly I’m not sure I could.

salsashark
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:03 PM
:lol:

I saw a piece of Top Gear showing that in the upcoming season they were all on scooters and he was bitching up a storm. I'm wondering if this article is related...

Oh yeah, and I took great offense to this, "Frankly, I liked the idea of a bike that has no crossbar, because you can simply walk up to the seat and sit down. Useful if you are Scottish and go about your daily business in a skirt."

It's a kilt!

Snowman
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:07 PM
He’s English.. what did you expect?

RyNo24
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Black Stig may be coming back!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/news/article5670007.ece

Snowman
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Ok who has the footage of him fling the Jag off an aircraft carrier?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Ok who has the footage of him fling the Jag off an aircraft carrier?

Here:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/FEATURES/AUTOTRADER/top_gear_the_stigs_greatest_moments.html

jimwallace
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:39 PM
am i the only one who wants to punch the crap outta the guy?

Wyck
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hahahaha that was hilarious :lol:

Snowman
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Yes. Have you seen the show?
This is how he is about everything.

Captain Obvious
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Yes. Have you seen the show?
This is how he is about everything.

Yeah, exactly. He is the type who instantly will piss you off, and then you realize he is cranky about everything and is just an angry person. After that, he just makes you laugh. Cause he is such an ass.

Sidenote, does Simon (from American Idol) still have the fastest lap time on the board?

jimwallace
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
ive seen the show a few times and he didnt really rub me wrong then, but this one irritated me. maybe cause i like bikes more than cars....and hes riding a SCOOTER.