PDA

View Full Version : 2nd annual Introduction to Roadracing Clinic

jplracing
Wed Feb 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
2nd Annual New Racer Clinic

March 28th 10:30am

Located at Vanmar

After the success of last year’s clinic we have decided to make it an annual thing

Last year a number of the races around town were fielding a lot of questions from people interested in racing with the MRA. So we decided to put on a clinic and invite everyone to listen to a few presentations and to put some faces and names together. Personally, I think it was a great success and we were able to help several people.

This year, hopefully, we will expand on our information. We will be covering everything you need to know about getting involved.

Cost: Free

When: Saturday March 28 10:30am
Where Vanmar
3945 E 50th Ave
Denver, CO

We will have presentations from:

Joe LoGalbo – who will be talking about bike prep and cost of racing
Kris Hillman – who will be explaining the differences in quality gear
Mark Schellinger – who will talk about race tires versus street tires and how to get involved with the MRA (the local road racing club), rider coaching and suspension set up
Sasha Taranto - will speak on the LOR class (Ladies of the Rockies) and how a woman can get involved in the sport.
**I am also waiting on a few more to confirm**

Our goal for this clinic is to provide answers to basic questions and provide some insight how to make the transition from the street to the track. Hopefully we can maybe con some of you to come out and race

This clinic would be perfect for all the ladies that are thinking about racing in LOR and any new novice that needs help with all the things they have to do to get ready.

A few of the MRA board members will also be present to help with anything specifically related to joining the MRA

If you are interested in attending,
please RSVP with Tammy Schellinger
at
303-322-3221
or
vanmarracing@mindspring.com (vanmarracing@mindspring.com)

Any questions please let me now…joe@rebellionmotorsports.com

Please feel free to post this on other forums and invite whoever you would like

PsychoMike
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM
where is vanmar?

Spiderman
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Vanmar is in the North-Denver area. I was going to update the thread with their address, but I suspect they are asking that people RSVP because they don't just want people showing up and end up not having enough room/seats/food/drinks/etc. (that's assuming that food/drinks/etc. are even being offered - just sayin). I'm sure you'll get the address when you call. If Joe wants to update his post with their address, I'll let him do that.

Good enough? 8)

jplracing
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
where is vanmar?

The address is located right below the "cost" and above who will be presenting.......if you can't see it let me know

I highlighted it

and too address Bob's question about food and drink. I am trying to find someone to pick up some dogs and burgers....and someone to grill

64BonnieLass
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Joe, I am happy to pick up dogs and burgers, etc. if you would like. But somebody else has to cook em.

I will RSVP with Tammy.

Spiderman
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 09:33 AM
:oops: I was tired (too tired, obviously) & missed it. That's what I get for burning the candle at both ends! :sleeping:

500rgurl
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Joe, I am happy to pick up dogs and burgers, etc. if you would like. But somebody else has to cook em.

I will RSVP with Tammy.

We just RSVP with Tammy!!

I can offer up E's BBQing services for the day!! :):):):)

jplracing
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Okay Scott with Chicane has offered to supply the burgers and dogs. I will pick up the drinks

Jen has told Elden that he will be the grill master

Make sure you RSVP so that we have enough supplies

Sean
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I went to this last year and it was great!!!!!!!!!! I met a ton of really cool people and got a lot of good info. Vanmar (and cohorts) put on a top notch seminar! I'm sure I'll make it again this year. Thanks for putting it on again!

PsychoMike
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM
i just rsvp'd thanks for doing this

Sully
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 09:13 AM
:up:

racedk6
Fri Feb 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM
You shit bags always do stuff on the days I have to friggin work!!!

jplracing
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Grubbs.....we do it on purpose so you can't make it...duh!

PsychoMike
Mon Feb 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I sent an email but i dont know if it went through. can anyone confirm my rsvp

jplracing
Mon Feb 16th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Give Tammy a call at the number listed above. She will be the only one that has access to the email address

J

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Include me in this event.

jplracing
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
don't forget this is being held next saturday (the 28th)

If you have any questions about how to get involved with the MRA or what needs to be done for bike prep or gear.....you can get your questions answered here.

Joe

dragos13
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 02:30 PM
don't forget this is being held next saturday (the 28th)

If you have any questions about how to get involved with the MRA or what needs to be done for bike prep or gear.....you can get your questions answered here.

Joe

+1 this is going to be a great event for all riders alike. Good info about racing, corner working, etc. Everything needed to get into the bike scene. I hope to see everyone there :)

Cassius32
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I'm in. See everyone there.

freddiewest
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Will RSVP today, good day for it if we get the snow they predict, not like the weather people are ever wrong :banghead:

DevilsTonic
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I'm in like Michael Jackson in a boys orphanage