PDA

View Full Version : Browns welding, in boulder????

firefghtr
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:26 AM
anyone use them? like there end job pertaining to aluminum welding?

if not any other aluminum welding capable shops

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Hands down the best on the planet. Craig Brown is a welding god.

firefghtr
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:31 AM
what work did you have done

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
i didn't personally but my buddy had his GSXR 1000 swing arm extended two inches. CB has been in business for over 30 years in B-town. Call Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, Fitxgraphix, or most folks involved in the MRA. I will put $$ on it that they will recommend CB.

Filo
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I have used him a few times and had no complaints. His biggest work for me is he welded engine mounts back on the engine of my F3 race bike after they were broken off in an "incident". He had to build the aluminum back up, shape it, and drill it.

hcr25
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hands down the best on the planet. Craig Brown is a welding god.

This is why i gave you his number Garrett :)

firefghtr
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 01:30 PM
thanks mike,... i should be taking my bike up there monday acctually

hcr25
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
He just fixed a gsxr frame for a customer of ours. one of the motor mounts was broken off when the frame slider failed. you cant tell wher he fixed it.
mike

firefghtr
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
awesome! Deff the guy i want then

pannetron
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 08:21 PM
+1 on Brown's Welding!

Crashdaddy
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Best welder I have seen for aluminum. Used him for many years for aircraft welding. Usually fuel tank repairs.

Has a very unique way of making sure there is no fuel left in the tank prior to welding though. I was a much younger, and very inexperienced, aircraft mechanic when I took my first tank to him. I had steam cleaned it to ensure all fuel was out, and fumes gone. He took the tank, laid it on a bench, twisted a long piece of paper towel, put it in the tank, lit it, and ran out the shop door (all without saying a word). I was still standing there. I caught on pretty quick...made my escape. I will never forget that paper towel-home made fuse technique.

You won't go wrong having him weld anything. If he runs, go with him though.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Feb 15th, 2009, 02:13 PM
That is the best story I have ever heard about CB. :D

firefghtr
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Best welder I have seen for aluminum. Used him for many years for aircraft welding. Usually fuel tank repairs.

Has a very unique way of making sure there is no fuel left in the tank prior to welding though. I was a much younger, and very inexperienced, aircraft mechanic when I took my first tank to him. I had steam cleaned it to ensure all fuel was out, and fumes gone. He took the tank, laid it on a bench, twisted a long piece of paper towel, put it in the tank, lit it, and ran out the shop door (all without saying a word). I was still standing there. I caught on pretty quick...made my escape. I will never forget that paper towel-home made fuse technique.

You won't go wrong having him weld anything. If he runs, go with him though.

hahahha that is awesome