PDA

View Full Version : VSTO MS Developer

64BonnieLass
Mon Feb 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Duration: 3 months

My client has a custom developed application that is used for Template/Forms creation. It was developed around MicroSoft Word 2003 and uses other Microsoft tools including VSTO and IE Browser. This application needs to be upgraded to work with the Office 2007 product suite, and the IE Browser component needs to be replaced. There are dot net and Sharepoint components to the solution.
Requirements
·We are looking for a contract developer who can take direction from a Technical Lead.
·The developer would need to have strong analysis and trouble shooting skills.
·The developer would be expected to document architecture options allowing the elimination of IE Browser.
·The developer would be expected to complete development and unit testing on the application, to update application support documentation, and to transition to the internal support team.
·Grogramming and documentation standards would need to be met.
·It’s an absolute requirement for the developer to have previous experience developing within Microsoft Word using VSTO.

Sortarican
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I have everything but the VSTO. :(

Oh well, I don't want to work yet anyway.

64BonnieLass
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I am desperately seeking some hardcore Mainframe Focus people too. Know any of those kinda guys?

Cobol, JCL?

Tipys
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
i know how to plug in a computer is that enough expairice

Ricky
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
ugh, even if I knew anything about vsto, this does not sound like a fun project...

64BonnieLass
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I hear ya. But it's for 3 months, so short term, and is income to those who need it. Not that it matters, cause I can't find anyone who has it locally that is available. :banghead:

Ricky
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, that's a very specific skill set

TFOGGuys
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I'd be perfect for the job, except for the fact that I haven't any idea WTF you're talking about....is that English? :wtf:

Snowman
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
i know how to plug in a computer is that enough expairiceWith that kind of experience in the late 90's you could have run Microsoft...:)

64BonnieLass
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Haha Jim, you are well aware of Internet Explorer at the very least. Don't deny it. :lol:

TFOGGuys
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Haha Jim, you are well aware of Internet Explorer at the very least. Don't deny it. :lol:

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt....I'm a Firefox fanboy....

Tipys
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
With that kind of experience in the late 90's you could have run Microsoft...:)

damn labor laws i could have had a kick ass paying job in the late 90's if i was more then 10years old