PDA

View Full Version : gp shift

PsychoMike
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I did like 15k miles gp shift on my r6 and now im back riding regular. With new rearsets coming though I was thinking of going back.

dragos13
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
How did you like the GP shifting before? Are you going to do any track riding or fast canyon running? IMO, GP shift makes more sense for road bikes.

PsychoMike
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 11:16 AM
yea going to track/race. and i didnt like gp any more then regular or any less

dragos13
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Well, here is what I like about it. When driving out of a corner, or when tucking behind the wind screen, it seems easier to press down on the shifter then pull up. It also, imo, allows for easier upshifting since you are pressing down. Helps avoid mis shifts.

When down shifting, you are sitting upright more and doesn't make it a problem getting under the shifter. To me, it just makes more sense to push down for upshifts and pull up for downshifts. Of course, this is all personal preference as there are alot of standard shifting racers that are plenty fast.

Bueller
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I like GP but after riding my tards and dirtbikes I found I don't shift wheelies so well w/GP

BigE
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
As a lifelong standard shifter...the times I've ridden bikes set up GP shift I've had to really concentrate on not messing up shifting and therefore was wayyy slower than normal. I know it's one of those getting used to it things though.
Go with what YOU like better! :D

PsychoMike
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I like GP but after riding my tards and dirtbikes I found I don't shift wheelies so well w/GP

lol i noticed that as well

Vehicle 1
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I always did the standard shifting configuration, but I found myself miss-shifting into second a lot at the start of a race. Not sure if it is a combo of the acceleration and my laziness, but I am changing to gp style for that reason. Also because what dragos mentioned of shifting when tucked in...