PDA

View Full Version : Founder of Islamic TV station accused of beheading wife

Mental
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 12:31 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/16/buffalo.beheading/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

MMMMMMMmm... delicious irony.

Mel
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah...and he started that TV station to dispel the stereotypes of Muslims in the US....yeah....beheading someone sure succeeds in doing that one.

(just my opinion....don't flame)

Rednarb
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 02:11 PM
She was talking out of turn. Bitch got what was coming.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/das_uberdog/men_are_talking.jpg

BTW - I am kidding.

Slacker
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Holy shit - I just talked to this guy about month ago or so. We are discussing a retransmission deal for Bridges TV. Dam - there goes that sale. :banghead:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Big surprise?......NOT!!!!

....We muslims are a peacful people, and if you disagree with that, you are an infidel and a blasphemer and I will cut your head off!!!.....

dapper
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Sounds like a new Pub......will be opening up.

:)
Nags Head XXL

Mental
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM
She was talking out of turn. Bitch got what was coming....BTW - I am kidding.

That one made me chuckle

Sounds like a new Pub......will be opening up.

:)
Nags Head XXL

But that one is classic!

Seriously. Talk all you want about Oprah and Barbara Walters and all that kinda crap, but I would love to see some Muslim chick move here and get all empowered and go Loreana Bobbit on one of these wussies. I know I am going to hell for making light of a tragedy but this kind of stuff is cultural. Its not even religious (but they do re-enforce that kind of subjegating behavior) but that region thinks it is a manly thing to do to beat on your woman. Not this particular douchnozzle, but it would be great to introduce one of the 90 lb pansies to a real girl, like the ones on this board.

Imagine mtnairlovr, or bonnielass, or 636Chic any one of the girls on this board, rolling up, pulling off the helmet as Muhammed does a double take, leave the gloves on and just goe George Foreman on one of these clowns. And they do it in makeup and smelling good. "Whose inferior now!? How ya gonna handle virgins when you can't handle me!?!...Lick my Alpinestars! DO IT!"

mtnairlover
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Imagine mtnairlovr, or bonnielass, or 636Chic any one of the girls on this board, rolling up, pulling off the helmet as Muhammed does a double take, leave the gloves on and just goe George Foreman on one of these clowns. And they do it in makeup and smelling good. "Whose inferior now!? How ya gonna handle virgins when you can't handle me!?!...Lick my Alpinestars! DO IT!"

:lol::lol::lol:

You have no idea how true this is for me!

Imagine me living with a Saudi for 3 years. We'd argue like none other and we'd even get physical (not the defining moments of my life)...my biggest "bad girl" reaction one time, was when I told him to "SHUT UP!!!" in front of a friend of his...shoulda seen the look on his face.

This is most definitely a cultural thing and we need to remember this fact.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
How is cutting someones head off only 2nd degree murder?

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 09:35 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

You have no idea how true this is for me!

Imagine me living with a Saudi for 3 years. We'd argue like none other and we'd even get physical (not the defining moments of my life)...my biggest "bad girl" reaction one time, was when I told him to "SHUT UP!!!" in front of a friend of his...shoulda seen the look on his face.

This is most definitely a cultural thing and we need to remember this fact.

I hope that you don't mean that abusing and killing your wife is part of their culture, so we must except it. I have been hearing this kind of reasoning a lot lately and I reject it utterly. Wrong is wrong, I don't care if everyone is doing it!

mtnairlover
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I hope that you don't mean that abusing and killing your wife is part of their culture, so we must except it. I have been hearing this kind of reasoning a lot lately and I reject it utterly. Wrong is wrong, I don't care if everyone is doing it!

Not even close to what I meant!!!

That's why we constantly argued. It goes wayyyyy deeper than that. I said it's cultural, because he had never honestly been with someone so freakin head-strong before in his life. At least coming from his perspective and the way he was raised. It was as much a culture shock for him as it was for me to be expected to sit down, shut up and do as you're told (which I never did). I couldn't imagine never having an opinion.

Thing is, we need to realize that it isn't religion that's keeping west from understanding east, or visa versa. It's the way the culture has been for thousands of years. How are you going to do anything in relation to that...change it? I don't think so. Look at what's been going on in the mid-east for the past century...more and more push back at the idea of western culture. Keeping the female population in their place...that's hard when they are bombarded with western ideas via the media. If I were a man raised in the mid-east with the "old" views of the world, I'd be freakin pissed that the west has been changing my women's point of views...how dare they do that and undermine my life. Note: I'm saying this not becuase I believe in it for one iota, but because I am putting myself in somone else's shoes. How else do you make a change? How else do you even begin to attempt to turn a long-standing history of subjugation?

I abhore the fact that this man did what he did. Even more than that, I couldn't begin to imagine his wife's fear as she began to realize her life was soon ending...I can only hope (numbing myself to the idea) that she was dead before he cut her head off.

You want reality? There it is...in all it's glory.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Sometimes you have to force change, whether attitudes change or not. Case in point; abolishing slavery in this country.

mtnairlover
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Sometimes you have to force change, whether attitudes change or not. Case in point; abolishing slavery in this country.

Exactly, but we're not talking "our country" here with this particular problem (and they don't see it as a problem)...we're talking a world region. It's gonna take longer than our life-times to change the thinking. I mean, even in this country, we still have groups of people who do not believe in equality...it's just amazing to me...I mean I'm dumb-founded with that whole idea. We're freakin human beings for gosh sakes!!! No different -- at all -- not whatsoever -- and yet...there are those who think of themselves as better, for whatever reason.

I just don't get it...and I'm mystified by all of it...for the most part. But, then, when I look at the culture and how things have been for thousands of years, I begin to realize that it's going to take relearning, reteaching and a whole lotta patience and a very long time to bring people up to understand that women are no different than men.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Exactly, but we're not talking "our country" here with this particular problem (and they don't see it as a problem)...we're talking a world region. It's gonna take longer than our life-times to change the thinking. I mean, even in this country, we still have groups of people who do not believe in equality...it's just amazing to me...I mean I'm dumb-founded with that whole idea. We're freakin human beings for gosh sakes!!! No different -- at all -- not whatsoever -- and yet...there are those who think of themselves as better, for whatever reason.

I just don't get it...and I'm mystified by all of it...for the most part. But, then, when I look at the culture and how things have been for thousands of years, I begin to realize that it's going to take relearning, reteaching and a whole lotta patience and a very long time to bring people up to understand that women are no different than men.

I agree, but if we are to rely on reason and patience only, then in another 1000 years nothing will have changed. Nobody in control is going change any system that favors them. I bet if you asked the women in these regions right now, they would be near unanimous in favor of change now.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
How is cutting someones head off only 2nd degree murder?
One of the critical elements of murder 1 is "malice of forethought". Like, you sat there and planned it all out in advance, then executed the plan. Murder 2 is more like you just snapped, and did it. Crime of passion.

mtnairlover
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I agree, but if we are to rely on reason and patience only, then in another 1000 years nothing will have changed. Nobody in control is going change any system that favors them. I bet if you asked the women in these regions right now, they would be near unanimous in favor of change now.

Agreed +1000

How does that happen, though? That's what I'm trying to show with what I've been saying. Forcing things down people's throats doesn't seem to have a very good effect these days...actually, it never has.

I know things are happening internally...on that side...with women and movements, etc. But, just like here in this country during the suffrage movement, women were still subjugated and beaten and killed for standing up for themselves. And...to this day...there isn't true equality where we are seen as no different...in many aspects (in some circles). But, that's something that happens on both sides of the male/female fence. Mindset is a very, very, hard thing to change.

So again...how do you force change in a region that has been that way for thousands of years?

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I don't know, I would think 2nd degree would be something like, he was beating the shit out of her and hit her too hard and killed her. To go to the time and trouble to cut her head off sounds like it took some form of premeditation on his part to me.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Agreed +1000

How does that happen, though? That's what I'm trying to show with what I've been saying. Forcing things down people's throats doesn't seem to have a very good effect these days...actually, it never has.

I know things are happening internally...on that side...with women and movements, etc. But, just like here in this country during the suffrage movement, women were still subjugated and beaten and killed for standing up for themselves. And...to this day...there isn't true equality where we are seen as no different...in many aspects (in some circles). But, that's something that happens on both sides of the male/female fence. Mindset is a very, very, hard thing to change.

So again...how do you force change in a region that has been that way for thousands of years?

Again, case in point; if the south had not been forced to end slavery, we would still have slavery to this day. There would still be a bunch of people willing to kill to defend it. If that were the case, then all of the progress we have made sense then which culminated in the election of Pres. Obama would never have happened. Also, the south considered themselves a different region and country.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I don't know, I would think 2nd degree would be something like, he was beating the shit out of her and hit her too hard and killed her. To go to the time and trouble to cut her head off sounds like it took some form of premeditation on his part to me.
They have to be able to prove a premeditated plan for M1. Actually what you described above is more "involuntary manslaughter", where a beating "went bad".

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
They have to be able to prove a premeditated plan for M1. Actually what you described above is more "involuntary manslaughter", where a beating "went bad".

I see your point, but I'm not sure. If you kill someone while commiting a felony crime, isn't it automaticly murder?

dirkterrell
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Sure it has. The aforementioned elimination of slavery in the South. Nazi Germany. The Japanese Empire. The Iraqi Kurds seem a lot happier now that Sadaam is no longer gassing them. It all boils down to freedom vs. oppression and basic human rights. Some people cannot be reasoned with. You have to resort to the big stick. It usually starts with a sense of superiority justified by an interpretation of a religious document. It ends with those people hanging by a rope or with a bullet in their heads. Yeah, it's a shitty thing but the world is full of shitty people who want to control others for their own benefit.

Interesting reading:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/17/pakistan.taliban/

Dirk

mtnairlover
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Interesting reading:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/17/pakistan.taliban/

Dirk

That's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Don't get me started on the mis-placed comparisons of inhuman treatment of women in the mid-east to the Nazi's or slavery...honestly, it really is a much deeper issue than any of those things when you look at it from a different perspective.

What I wanna know is why the hell we didn't stay in Afghanistan when we were there to insure that the Taliban did not return? Our troops coulda done so much more to build up that country and give the people the strength and resolve to stay their ground. I know our military does a whole lot more when we invade a country than blowing things up...a whole lot more. The potential for re-eduating the people of that country was there at our fingertips and someone dropped the ball on that whole idea several years ago.

The strength that could have been built in Afghanistan would have spilled over to its neighbor and none of the kinds of things in that article would have happened.

Anyway, I'm talking coulda, shoulda, woulda...now more military spending is necessary to put out that fire that was left unchecked. People need to stop thinking like Americans...this issue is not going away for a very long time.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I see your point, but I'm not sure. If you kill someone while commiting a felony crime, isn't it automaticly murder?
Murder is is the proven INTENT to kill. If you're in a fight with some guy at a bar, and he falls and hits his head and dies, it manslaughter. If you repeatedly beat his head into a rock until he dies, then it's M2. If you tell your friend you're going to beat this guys head into a rock until he dies because he banged your G/F, then a week later go out and do exactly that, it's M1 because you PLANNED it.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM
The Iraqi Kurds seem a lot happier now that Sadaam is no longer gassing them.
Dirk
Hey, we can't actually say Sadam used poison gas on the Kurds, that'd shut down the liberal theory that he didn't have WMD's, remember?:)

MAZIN
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 12:54 AM
One of the critical elements of murder 1 is "malice of forethought". Like, you sat there and planned it all out in advance, then executed the plan. Murder 2 is more like you just snapped, and did it. Crime of passion.

LOL he said snapped, sry you may now continue...

IT WASN'T ME!
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Murder is is the proven INTENT to kill. If you're in a fight with some guy at a bar, and he falls and hits his head and dies, it manslaughter. If you repeatedly beat his head into a rock until he dies, then it's M2. If you tell your friend you're going to beat this guys head into a rock until he dies because he banged your G/F, then a week later go out and do exactly that, it's M1 because you PLANNED it.

Yes, but people's heads don't just fall off. You have to plan to cut someone's head off, so it is my contention that by the very act of cutting off someone's head you have shown premeditation.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Yes, but people's heads don't just fall off. You have to plan to cut someone's head off, so it is my contention that by the very act of cutting off someone's head you have shown premeditation.
Hey, I don't make the laws, I just know a little about them.:)

But no, they can prove no premeditiated plan (premeditated means more than a minute or so), so they'll have to try it as M2.