PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do professional websites?

Clovis
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Does anyone on CSC/CRN do, or have someone they would recommend that can create a website which I want to use for business purposes.

While I'm very computer technical, I really have no idea how to do this.

Once it's set up, I can learn how to manage it, update it, ect.

Roughly how much would or should this cost?

I can be reached via email, PM or phone 719-201-9383.

Thanks,

-Clovis

lovinCO
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Jon (Player 2) does some kind of hosting and web stuff, might be able to do this or at least point you in the right direction. :)

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 03:19 PM
While I don't specifically code them, I optimize and promote them. What type of business are you running and what are you website wants & needs? What type of functionality are you looking for in the site or is it primarily going to be an online business card?

SaShWhO
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
get in touch with DevilsTonic!
She da bomb:fire:

Player 2
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Roughly how much would or should this cost
Can't really throw any #'s out without knowing the scope of the project.

Are you looking for a static site without much changing content or something dynamic that would be updated regularly?

Need a design done or do you have something you want to use?

Feel free to hit me up with more details and I can try to give you an idea of what you're looking at...

I can also host the site for you whether you chose to have my team design for you or not :up:

Clovis
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:03 PM
My business is mortgatge loans (aka, home loans).

If I can have someone build it, I can take care of updating it - as far as features I'd like an "about me" or bio section, some mortgage tools (ie, payment calculators) - FAQ section and possibly a small forum / blogg.

Additionally I need this as part of the application process to join the UMBA (Upfront Mortgage Brokers Association - basically it's an ethical mortgage broker assosiation that I've been researching and I like what they stand for).

I'll shoot some PMs out, thanks guys.

-Clovis

Clovis
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Hey Jon,

you must have replied right as I replying myself :)

Updates fairly often, namely in regard to changes in the mortgage market (Rates, loan programs, ect).

It would need to be built from scratch, the overall feel would be professional.

My basic questions are both related to cost - Any estimates to build the site and then to maintain it with hosting cost/fees - bandwith likely wouldn't be very high as I don't intend to host files with it.

Thanks! :)

-Clovis

Can't really throw any #'s out without knowing the scope of the project.

Are you looking for a static site without much changing content or something dynamic that would be updated regularly?

Need a design done or do you have something you want to use?

Feel free to hit me up with more details and I can try to give you an idea of what you're looking at...

I can also host the site for you whether you chose to have my team design for you or not :up:

Player 2
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Sent you a PM just now

Design thru my group would run around $3-400

Hosting for something that simple would be $10-20/mo

The cost for setting the site up could be worked out in trade ;)

Hey Jon,

you must have replied right as I replying myself :)

Updates fairly often, namely in regard to changes in the mortgage market (Rates, loan programs, ect).

It would need to be built from scratch, the overall feel would be professional.

My basic questions are both related to cost - Any estimates to build the site and then to maintain it with hosting cost/fees - bandwith likely wouldn't be very high as I don't intend to host files with it.

Thanks! :)

-Clovis

MetaLord 9
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hey Jon, do you do SEO work too?

Player 2
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Hey Jon, do you do SEO work too?
Not professionally. What are you looking to do?

DevilsTonic
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM
For fully professional sheeeit talk to Jon!! I do websites, but it's very basic stuff and I do it on a barter and trade type of thing.

BeoBe
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 07:36 PM
you could check out www.godaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com) I know it use to be a small company that started in phoenix but its pretty well nationwide now.. I dont have any personal experience with godaddy but i know a few people that have gone with them and they stated that the prices were good and everything handled pretty well..

Check it out if you want

Player 2
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
you could check out www.godaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com) I know it use to be a small company that started in phoenix but its pretty well nationwide now.. I dont have any personal experience with godaddy but i know a few people that have gone with them and they stated that the prices were good and everything handled pretty well..

Check it out if you want
No offense but as someone that does this for a living full-time I would consider a recommendation to GoDaddy for ANYTHING as Bad Advice.

First off, Godaddy will seize control of your domain name for spam complaints (even false ones)

Their servers are VERY restrictive when it comes to running scripts

Their hosting control panels are very outdated and difficult to maneuver. They provide very limited functionality compared to any Cpanel web host.

Godaddy is a company that banked their entire business on a Super Bowl commercial (which ended up working out well for them). Unfortunately they have become such a large company that their policies are WAY too strict and their service is at the best, sub-par.

I can't count the number of clients I've received from Godaddy's poor services :lol: The only reason people would go so far as "recommending" Godaddy is because they don't know any better (same thing that happened with AOL users)

rybo
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Justin,

I can recommend Jon's services highly. For an idea of what he can do have a look at my website.

www.chicanetrackdays.com

Jon and his group took my vision and made it look better than I ever imagined it.

scott

Kitten
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I would love to talk to someone about seo work. I have a very complex website that I want to get out there more. Sorry to thread jack.

Player 2
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Justin,

I can recommend Jon's services highly. For an idea of what he can do have a look at my website.

www.chicanetrackdays.com

Jon and his group took my vision and made it look better than I ever imagined it.

scott
Thanks Scott :up: I'm very pleased with how things are coming together with Chicane

I would love to talk to someone about seo work. I have a very complex website that I want to get out there more. Sorry to thread jack.
Talk to me tomorrow @ dinner and let's see what we can do. Which site is it you're talkin about anyways? (drop me a PM)

Kitten
Tue Feb 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I'll see you tomorrow and we can talk then.

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Not professionally. What are you looking to do?
I was just curious since my job is SEO & SEM. I work for only one company, but we've got a fairly sizeable website which it's my job to promote.

www.UDR.com (http://www.UDR.com)

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I was just curious since my job is SEO & SEM. I work for only one company, but we've got a fairly sizeable website which it's my job to promote.

www.UDR.com (http://www.UDR.com)
Gotcha :up:

How well do you do for your target keyword phrases? Do you focus on long tail keywords? I can imagine that could be a fairly competitive niche.

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Depends on the market. Since we're in the business of attracting renters to various locations, the larger brand isn't as visible or important as the local communities so I spend a lot of time aiding communities with lower occupancy to attract a higher volume of traffic to their section of our website. Some markets are pretty good, but most have a ton of competition with not only peer communities, but internet listing services, such as rent.com, as well. We're also exploring other marketing avenues such as mobile marketing, viral videos, and social media marketing as well. It's allowed me to pick up some great experience that I'm looking to utilize on the side at first, and then maybe expand to my own firm.

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:29 AM
ANY kind of social marketing you guys can do will greatly impact your overall results.

Do you guys do any kind of email marketing? (capture their details when they visit the site and then followup using an autoresponder or even manual emails)

I love to talk web marketing so if you ever wanna chat.. ;)

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 08:37 AM
^^ Hey, I'm right with ya on the geekspeak! I end up going to these conferences and since I'm not a developer, an affiliate marketer, or personally running an SEO firm, it's difficult to try to make their topics of interest relate to my topics of interest.

We've shied away form email marketing since our main goal for the site is customer capture. Follow up is handled at the site level and our individual communities persue leads after initial contact. Some of them do email marketing, especially for resident retention come renewal time. Plus we've got a call center handling more than 90% of our inbound lead volume, including phone and email, so inital contact is pretty much in the bag, making lead management the communities' responsibility

BeoBe
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 04:17 PM
The only reason people would go so far as "recommending" Godaddy is because they don't know any better (same thing that happened with AOL users)

Like i said i dont have any personal experience with godaddy, i just have heard some ok news and nothing bad.. Course i dont sit on my computer day in and day out holding myself looking for good or bad news or yet anything about websites so that is why i stated you can check it out..

Anyways every company has its yay's and nay's, doesn't hurt to have people look at their site and decide for themselves..

I guess next time ill be sure to put a "Not Liable" note on the bottom of my comment so that my "referral" isn't taken too seriously :)

Player 2
Wed Feb 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Like i said i dont have any personal experience with godaddy, i just have heard some ok news and nothing bad.. Course i dont sit on my computer day in and day out holding myself looking for good or bad news or yet anything about websites so that is why i stated you can check it out..

Anyways every company has its yay's and nay's, doesn't hurt to have people look at their site and decide for themselves..

I guess next time ill be sure to put a "Not Liable" note on the bottom of my comment so that my "referral" isn't taken too seriously :)

I'm just speaking from experience and since I do Internet Marketing as my full-time job I feel semi-responsible for letting people know what companies they should avoid.

I don't care if I don't get the sale but I would steer ANYONE looking for hosting OR domain registrations AWAY from NoDaddy. ;)