PDA

View Full Version : Another Tsunami Pic

Wahooman
Sat Jan 8th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Holy Crap, now I can understand a little more on how this did so much destruction and killed so many!!!

NZ Darren
Sat Jan 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Is that real?

That can't be real!

King Nothing
Sat Jan 8th, 2005, 10:13 PM
photoshop. it has to be.

MostroS4
Sun Jan 9th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Yeah, thats photo shopped.

Everything that I've seen and read said it was big, but not like that. Most of the damage and desctruction were to poorly built homes and buildings.

A wave that size would destroy all those tall buildings in the fore ground. There was no such damage reported to tall buildings....

I don't think a Tsunami has ever been that big against a major city like is pictured....

BenDover
Sun Jan 9th, 2005, 07:10 AM
I don't think it was white waves like that, either. I think most of it was just HUGE swells, kinda like the tide coming in super fast and quite a bit more.

Wahooman
Sun Jan 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Yes I was even wondering if it was fake, however here it the message that I got with it from my mother-in-law........of course still don't know if its true, but I wouldn't doubt it. Look at some of the other before and after pics....entire small islands are gone. This wave according to the write up hit Phuket, Thailand. Kind of ironic name??

This picture is not a fake as Pete Birrow inadvertently found it on the
Lions Clubs of Australia website while looking for a Lions Club source to
donate to.

It appears to have been taken from a hi-rise building window in downtown
Phuket Thailand.

The power of nature is hard to comprehend, especially the destructiveness
of water.

Peter J. Birrow
Executive VP, 35th Inf Reg
Cacti Forever

The GECCO
Sun Jan 9th, 2005, 10:27 AM
It's fake...there were multiple swells that came in but they were only about 4 meters tall (10-12 feet), it was just the sheer volume of water that did all the damage.

Plus, there aren't any high rise hotels like that in Phuket, and in Thailand you drive on the left side of the road.

Hey y'all, watch this!
Sun Jan 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM
if you notice the water apears to have sunshine on it and the wave is casting a shaddow. the city look to be overcast.
the lighting is all off

salsashark
Sun Jan 9th, 2005, 08:47 PM
photoshop. it has to be.

:shock: No Way, it couldn't be... :321:

Mel
Sun Jan 9th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Nice Salsa, that is hilarious.
Yes, that has to be a photoshop job...waves from an earth quake inspired tsunami will only be as big as the shift in the plates, i.e. 20-30 feet is about max. However, as proven with a land slide in a remote part of Alaska, a land slide will trigger a tsunami that can be over 400 feet...