PDA

View Full Version : Sport Bike Spring Break?!?

Ceez
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Anyone ever hear of this event? Its being held in AZ so not too far away. I guess they used to hold it down in Mexico but with all the cartel violence going on down there, they moved it to Arizona. Just curious to know if it would be worth the trip. Web site doesnt give too much info.

http://www.bikerspringbreak.com/

RajunCajun
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I live in Tucson for 2.5 years and never made it Havasu. I've heard that it's WILD partying down there! I have buddies that go a bunch and have unbelievable stories. I think I would be a kick ass ride to check that out. The drive to Phoenix sucks though, LOTS of straight highway, I made the drive last June in a Ryder truck towing my Ranger. It would be fun if there were a few bikes making the trip!

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I imagine it's a giant clusterfuck full of drunken idiots having a "who can be the biggest douchebag on a sportbike" contest. :lol:

Sortarican
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I imagine it's a giant clusterfuck full of drunken idiots having a "who can be the biggest douchebag on a sportbike" contest. :lol:

Well then..... count me in.

Actually my old boss has a place in Havabrew. He said this is a pretty crazy time.

RajunCajun
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
lots of ridiculously drunk and naked co-eds, hmmmm, I'll tell my girlfriend it's at a retirement community with a nice lake!!

Kanabiis
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:26 PM
They used to have some thing like this in South Padre Texas. A few friends and I made it down there in 2003 it was a blast. Bikes everywhere, and mostly naked chicks everywhere too.

Lake Havasu has quite a reputation for spring break so it could be interesting.

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:30 PM
good times for sure but phuck riding there!
straight boring ass ride and hotter than hell that time of year.
let's rent a bus to get there and a pontoon boat once there:drink:!!!

Kanabiis
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Well we trucked our bikes to Texas, way more comfortable, plus if you plan on staying more then a day your gonna have some stuff packed, 100 miles with a backpack sucks, no way I would do 500+.

RajunCajun
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Well we trucked our bikes to Texas, way more comfortable, plus if you plan on staying more then a day your gonna have some stuff packed, 100 miles with a backpack sucks, no way I would do 500+.

I did 2200 miles on a 95 FZR600 in a week and a half w/backpack, tailpack and a tank pack. I'd be down for whatever.... Trucking would be mighty comfy, though!

matt2778
Thu Feb 19th, 2009, 09:00 PM

I've done over 500 in a day with a backpack. All fun the whole time