PDA

View Full Version : Sunday - Feb 22. - Ride

Kurtiz
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 01:46 AM
Thinking of getting a ride started for sunday Feb. 22. Suppose to be in the upper 50's. Looking to go somewhere south like through Canyon City. Let me know if anyone would be interested...

Bashed
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
Kurtiz,
I'm a definate may be.Post a meeting place
and time and see who shows. Alot lurk on here
and will not relpy per say. Good to meet you
last night.
peace Bash

JohnEffinK
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
What Bashed said. Post a linkup point and time and see who shows.

Good ideas are 8th Street Pikes Perk as it is rider owned. About 100 yds/meters south of the post office.

If heading to Canyon City - Coffee shop vic of Academy and 115 in the safeway parking lot area (Black Bear I think is still there).

John

Kurtiz
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Alright, thats for the suggestions. Let's do Pikes Perk at 12pm on Sunday. The one of 8th st. is fine. So yeah, I'll post a bit later today with an actual ideal ride map.

Bashed
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 01:15 PM
Kurtiz,
Sounds great for the meeting spot.
I personally dont post routes as I
usually see who shows and then make
a day of it with the participants at the
meeting spot. That way seems to work best
for me when I post a ride.I think a couple of
people will show that I talked to today, so expect
at least 3. Darren is the owner of that coffee
shop so if you are early go in,grab a cup of joe and
say hi, I will probably be early as I perfer to
hang for a bit before a ride.
See you @ noon.
Bash

Captain Obvious
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Kurtiz, good meeting you last night. I will be at the shop a bit early and grab some coffee. Perhaps even a bite.

+another on don't worry about a route. Depending on who shows, we can sort that out.

Kurtiz
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 05:05 PM
sounds good - see you guys there.

Brat
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
you riding the tl captain obvious?

OldKneeDragger
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Well I thought I would get the Duc out and come join in the ride... I left a little early as I needed to take care of something at the office before heading to CS. Everything was good, bike running really strong :)

As I started towards CS I noticed that the rear cylinder was running a couple hundred degrees warmer than the front (using my exhaust gas temperature meters). As you recall, after my first fiasco shelling the motor, I put the Micron 2T EGT on the bike so I would never have to worry about one cylinder going south.

So about half way to CS, I switch the map in the EGC to my alternative slightly richer map to see if it was something in the map that was screwed up. Nope.

Just cruizing on the freeway the rear cylinder temp was fluctuating

a lot but running a consistiant 250 to 300 degrees hotter than the front. They normally run within 50 degrees of each other. Back off the gas or pull the clutch and it would imedately cool off. Just trying to maintain freeway speeds it was just scarry watching the temperature. I almost parked it and called for a tow. I however limped back home on the shoulder f thinking that if it blows up so be it :( I made it back home.

Bear in mind that the exhaust pipe is not glowing, the end of the two pipes look the same, the bike sounds and feels normal. I would never even be concerned except what the EGT is telling me (rear peaking at 1600 degrees, the other normal in the 1200-1350 range. I hope it is the EGT that is screwed up and not the motor.

Never have I had a bike that I had such little confidence in. For what I got in this thing it should never never never be anything but perfect.

Anybody want to buy a really pretty Ducati 1098S Tricolore?

Tipys
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Ron I got 5 dollars.

But this is not good to hear hopefully it is the sensor its self.

Everyone else hope you have a fun safe ride

OldKneeDragger
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Had you held your $5 up as I was limping back home...

y_merkle
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
I say sell the Duc. With our Duc ownership experiance, we've learned they are plain EVIL!

d3spair
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Well I thought I would get the Duc out and come join in the ride... I left a little early as I needed to take care of something at the office before heading to CS. Everything was good, bike running really strong :)

As I started towards CS I noticed that the rear cylinder was running a couple hundred degrees warmer than the front (using my exhaust gas temperature meters). As you recall, after my first fiasco shelling the motor, I put the Micron 2T EGT on the bike so I would never have to worry about one cylinder going south.

So about half way to CS, I switch the map in the EGC to my alternative slightly richer map to see if it was something in the map that was screwed up. Nope.

Just cruizing on the freeway the rear cylinder temp was fluctuating

a lot but running a consistiant 250 to 300 degrees hotter than the front. They normally run within 50 degrees of each other. Back off the gas or pull the clutch and it would imedately cool off. Just trying to maintain freeway speeds it was just scarry watching the temperature. I almost parked it and called for a tow. I however limped back home on the shoulder f thinking that if it blows up so be it :( I made it back home.

Bear in mind that the exhaust pipe is not glowing, the end of the two pipes look the same, the bike sounds and feels normal. I would never even be concerned except what the EGT is telling me (rear peaking at 1600 degrees, the other normal in the 1200-1350 range. I hope it is the EGT that is screwed up and not the motor.

Never have I had a bike that I had such little confidence in. For what I got in this thing it should never never never be anything but perfect.

Anybody want to buy a really pretty Ducati 1098S Tricolore?

Awesome ride today guys! Was beautiful being out on the new gixxer!

I'll trade you a GSXR 600 for it :drink:

Captain Obvious
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
you riding the tl captain obvious?

Always.

Captain Obvious
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
I'll trade you a GSXR 600 for it :drink:
You don't want his headaches.

OKD, your Duc has on board temp gauges for each cylinder? Thats kind of cool. How much does the separate sensors and readout display cost? That really blows you are still having issues, talk about the trials and tribulations of owning a Duc. I am glad my old SS didn't have any issues (except being underpowered).

Bashed
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Just got home a bit ago, great ride today
a little dicey with the sand and mag cloride
but for Febuary excellent.

You would think with a name of
Captian Obvious and prior ownership
of a Duc you never ask how much.

OKD, get that thing figured out, we have
some rid'in to do this year.

I bet it was/will be more than $5.

Till the next ride.......

Bash

Dave
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 05:03 PM
we've learned they are plain EVIL!
Blasphemy!:shocked:

:)

Seriously I hope you get the 1098 sorted soon… I wonder what the guys on this forum would have to say about your experiences with this bike. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56 (http://www.ducati.ms/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)

Brat
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
damn sucks to hear about your duc..... hopefully everyone had a spiffy ride, i know i had agreat day riding. :)
id still like to check out your tiller obvious. i'll have to see it on a bike night or something when i get back from cali.
Brat

Captain Obvious
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
You would think with a name of
Captian Obvious and prior ownership
of a Duc you never ask how much.

Well, in my defense, it was a SS. You know, the poor man's Ducati.

And being that I am on a bike that is 5 years old and pimping 12 year old technology, it should be clear I watch every penny on my motorcycles :)

Captain Obvious
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
id still like to check out your tiller obvious. i'll have to see it on a bike night or something when i get back from cali.
Brat

Sure thing. Warmer weather she gets out more. As soon as I can't snowboard, I will ride almost every weekend.

y_merkle
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Blasphemy!:shocked:

:)

Seriously I hope you get the 1098 sorted soon… I wonder what the guys on this forum would have to say about your experiences with this bike. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56 (http://www.ducati.ms/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)

I know. I have to admit it was a sweet ride but for some reason everyone who rode this bike had some kind of accident with it. I think the one we had in particular was cursed much like OKD's. I will likely own one again. Good luck OKD in getting that evil figured out.

GSXRJOHNNY
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
I'm going to make sure I have a fresh $5 in my wallet everytime I ride with OKD this summer.