PDA

View Full Version : How are the Michelin PP?

R6biker122
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 10:54 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone rides on the micheling pilot powers. im getting them mounted tomorrow and am sort of curious. Thanks for the input.

DevilsTonic
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 11:22 PM
Absolutely loved my PP and the PP 2CTs that I have on the bike now. They are a good trustworthy street tire.

PsychoMike
Sat Feb 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM
I agree, they are a good tire. loads of grip and the way the are shaped give a great turn in response. The only problem I have with them, is not a lot of feedback. Never know if they are going to slide.

Bueller
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
They will be a good tire for you (just like any of the big name sport tires).
IMO unless you got mad skilz pushing it in the canyons, or plan on doing track days, I would go with the "PP Road" and get more milage to a set of tires. And just because they are sport touring don't think that the can't corner.

DevilsTonic
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
They will be a good tire for you (just like any of the big name sport tires).
IMO unless you got mad skilz pushing it in the canyons, or plan on doing track days, I would go with the "PP Road" and get more milage to a set of tires. And just because they are sport touring don't think that the can't corner.I've heard that the roads are good too, but if you're doin track days it's better to get a stickier tire. :)

The turn in response depends a lot on the profile of the tire that you get.

Bueller
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
I've heard that the roads are good too, but if you're doin track days it's better to get a stickier tire. :)

That's why I qualified that, but I did a PMP track day on my TL with them and they worked fine, I just didn't push 'em too hard, but I still had a good time.
Honestly, a tire doesn't make such a huge difference to me between the brands, as some claim. I ride what I am on and it usually still too much bike for me :lol:

We'll see if I can deal with a 250:yumyum:

PsychoMike
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
I have slide the back of the 250.

Sean
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone rides on the micheling pilot powers. im getting them mounted tomorrow and am sort of curious. Thanks for the input.:up: I have a set on there now and they work great. In canyons and on the track I have never had a problem with them. Real grippy. They've never slid on me, and I have pushed them hard in both places. I'll either buy the pp or my other choice, metzler m3, for me next set.

Like bueller said, you'll get less miles than the sport touring, but I'd rather push them and have the confidence in the corner. Just depends on what's important to you.

konichd
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
We run Michelin PP on all of our rental bikes and have been really happy so far. Great street/canyon tire that you can get some good mileage out of.

I do have them in stock for $289.95 :) 120/180

Gramps
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Surprise, surprise!

Another shameless plug for the rental/shop.

This is like a rolling billboard for your new venture.

:lol:

konichd
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
I have no shame ;)

R6biker122
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Hey thanks for the input guys! I can't wait to test them out tomorrow! And the weather is suppose to be nice.

dirkterrell
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
+1 on Bueller's suggestion of the Pilot Road 2's. They are dual compound, sticky on the outsides and harder in the middle. I run them on the VFR and they are a great street tire.

Dirk