PDA

View Full Version : A wonderful day in the neighborhood

mtnairlover
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 05:15 PM
Actually, I'm just posting here in the Northern section, cuz it's been so quiet lately and I figured it could use some activity.

So, I see some...a lot of you guys went out to IMI. Looks like good times were had by all.

I got all nostalgic and was yearning to hit the road, but it's still pretty cold and I didn't want to spend so much time out today...so, it was only a 2-hour ride for me. Roads aren't very nice either. I shoulda been out at IMI, but again, I didn't feel like being out for very long.

Anyhoo, be careful on hwy7...at least this week. There's a lot more mag chloride up there and gravel in spots where I'm not used to it. Hwy34 was just like normal in winter...mag chloride and gravel. Today was a day to practice my "granny" pace.

I missed the blue sky of the earlier part of the day, too...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/02-22-09-LakeEstes.jpg

So, what did everyone else do?

asp_125
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
:cry: No riding for me. Spent 4 days skiing Vail and on the way home, twisted my foot in a pothole. So I'm sitting here icing it down. :cry: and it's supposed to be riding weather the early part of the week too! :banghead:

sky_blue
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
I missed the sky_blue of the earlier part of the day, too...

fixed! :slappers:

mtnairlover
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Yep, miss her, too.:cry:

Devaclis
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:49 AM
fixed! :slappers:

Werd, let's go ride some dirty stuff!

sky_blue
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
I ALMOST bought my dirt bike on Friday. Stupid me went home and did the taxes thinking that could be a supplimental source of funds...nope...owe the freaking government almost $2000!!!! WTF!!! We have NEVER owed before. Suck. Now I have to go sell a kidney or something.

Think
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Sag aka Scott and I rode around Horsetooth to Masonville like Hooligans working on our "wheelies". A little chilly but fun regardless.

Knuckle Dragger
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Know how you feel I have been wanting to pick up a dirt bike as well and thought for sure my tax money would help. Big Nope on that on as well; so if you find a kidney buyer see if he wants two and let me know

I ALMOST bought my dirt bike on Friday. Stupid me went home and did the taxes thinking that could be a supplimental source of funds...nope...owe the freaking government almost $2000!!!! WTF!!! We have NEVER owed before. Suck. Now I have to go sell a kidney or something.

thehate.
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
hey all I'm moving to Ft collins soon is there a spot were people meet to ride? and are there allot of good twisty roads around the area??

mtnairlover
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
hey all I'm moving to Ft collins soon is there a spot were people meet to ride? and are there allot of good twisty roads around the area??

lol...are there good twisties? Um...look West....

Ok, enough of the smart ass comebacks. We don't typically meet in one spot...there are several different places that different groups will meet up.

As the weather warms, look for posts in the "Canyon Carving" section for rides. Typically, people who are up in the north area will meet up in Lyons, which is a little south from us, or we'll meet up at the Conoco station on hwy34 right before Big Thompson Canyon. Other meeting places for CSC peeps include the Conoco down in Morrison about 65 miles for us "Northies" and then there's the Conoco at I-25 and 120th Ave...about a 35 mile ride straight south on the super-slab.

Either way, you'll find lots of different groups to get your twist on in the canyons.

Oh and welcome!:)

chad23
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
cathy you forgot some of us meet at the Starbucks in loveland. Oh wait we are not suppost to talk about that.
I didnt go up the hills today but I did go to IMI and loved every minute of it. There were 3 bikes there for most of the day.
I cant wait for the weather to change so we can go site seeing in the hills.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
I rode out past Bailey today on 285 and freaking froze my tookas off... I dunno how ya'll are doing much in the hills yet!

mtnairlover
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
cathy you forgot some of us meet at the Starbucks in loveland. Oh wait we are not suppost to talk about that.
I didnt go up the hills today but I did go to IMI and loved every minute of it. There were 3 bikes there for most of the day.
I cant wait for the weather to change so we can go site seeing in the hills.

Yeah, I didn't mention the Starbucks sight, cuz of the super secret decoder ring that only really "special" people get...

Yeah, waitin for the weather to warm and doing that sight seeing way up in them thar hills is really makin' me a tad nutty....:crazy:

I rode out past Bailey today on 285 and freaking froze my tookas off... I dunno how ya'll are doing much in the hills yet!

Hey Jessie, you know how the Michelin man looks? Picture that riding a motorcycle up in the hills...lol. I bought grip heaters for my bike and still haven't put them on...(someone's gonna be shakin his head in disgust if he reads this)...so, to keep the digits warm, I was leaning over and grabbing my engine as I rode. Sure is nice having a nekkid bike...

Winter isn't the most fun time up in the hills, but even a little bit of time can take care of those jitters I tend to suffer every now and then.

chad23
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
I know that is why you didnt say anything and everyone wants to know what we are talking about now and that is the fun part.
The first rule of ride club is we tease others about not having the ring and not knowing the super wicked awesome hand shake

thehate.
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
lol...are there good twisties? Um...look West....

Ok, enough of the smart ass comebacks. We don't typically meet in one spot...there are several different places that different groups will meet up.

As the weather warms, look for posts in the "Canyon Carving" section for rides. Typically, people who are up in the north area will meet up in Lyons, which is a little south from us, or we'll meet up at the Conoco station on hwy34 right before Big Thompson Canyon. Other meeting places for CSC peeps include the Conoco down in Morrison about 65 miles for us "Northies" and then there's the Conoco at I-25 and 120th Ave...about a 35 mile ride straight south on the super-slab.

Either way, you'll find lots of different groups to get your twist on in the canyons.

Oh and welcome!:)

I'm not in Colorado yet I wont be till late this year so if I look west all I see is water! not much good ridding in that!!!!!

mtnairlover
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I'm not in Colorado yet I wont be till late this year so if I look west all I see is water! not much good ridding in that!!!!!

Ever watch SpongeBob SquarePants? I seem to remember an episode with him on a bike...Um...oh...wait...only my kids watch that.

Ok, so point taken. But, better get here quicker than late this year, or you'll miss out on the awesome riding. Sure, there's good riding in late Fall, but nothing like it during late Spring through early Fall.

Ft. Collins is along the Northern Front Range. From there, you're only about 5 minutes from some really good twisties. You'll want to try out hwy14, a.k.a. Poudre Canyon. This road goes all the way up into what is called North Park. You can go further into the mountains from there, as well...like Steamboat Springs, or head North up into Wyoming and hit the Snowy Range, or head South from Walden and take hwy125 over Willow Creek Pass. All of these roads are great roads for some twisty fun. Oh and close to the Fort, you can hit Rist Canyon to Stove Prairie Road. Only thing about Rist is that it's a road suited for Summer riding only. Lots of gravel and scary spots along this road even in the late Spring.

Hope that helps.

chad23
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
just stay on this site when you get here, and you will see a ride a day post. This is one of the best groups of people to meet and ride with. Just watch out for Cathy, Mike and Myself...we are ubber northie snobs (from what others have said) that dont play well with others
lookin forward to meeting you once you get here

crazyhammer10
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 12:30 PM
HEY I NEVER GOT A SUPPPPPER DECODER RING AND IVE BEEN ON PLENTY OF THEM RIDES