PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Ban of Youth Motorcycle and ATVs

HOTCARCASS
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
As of Feb. 10 dealers nationaly had to remove all mini bikes from showroom floors. They cannot be sold! This hurts the entire motorcycle industry. This came with the ban on toys containing lead. This law is a total atack on motorsports and needs to be delt with by enthusiasts like us. Go to the MIC (motorcycle industry council) web site. Please check this out. www.mic.org/ (http://www.mic.org/)

Nick_Ninja
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
This is the actual link to the canned letter to your rep.

http://www.arra-access.com/campaign/consumer_product_safety

64BonnieLass
Sun Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Didn't we already have a thread about this? (no offense Sal) I just cant find it.

Jacked concept either way.

HOTCARCASS
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I guess what matters is alot of people can't get parts for bikes being raced. Which sucks because alot of kids do race and enjoy it. Adults can't even buy a pit bike if they wanted to. Losing rights as a motorcycle enthusiaste never feels good. More and more trails are closed all the time, now we can't fix our kids bikes and keep them in the sport. First time buyers and Women represent the lowest number of sales a year and the average age a bike owner is ageing at the same rate as the industry. This means fewer people are starting out in the sport and that is leverage for lobbyist to shrink it where ever possible. Just send the letter!

#1Townie
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:35 AM
i want to know when they are going to ban mini vans.. those are made for kids..

rforsythe
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:39 AM
i want to know when they are going to ban mini vans.. those are made for kids..

I've been a proponent of banning minivans for several years anyway, but really just because I think they're dumb. Leaded minivans only gives me more ammo for my cause.

Fuck 'em. They want to take away things from my life's activities, I say we can play that game too. Eye for an eye, and a van for a bike. WHERE YOU GONNA BE NOW SOCCER MOMS? Sitting in the driveway watching your kids play in the chalk outline of what USED to be your minivan, that's what!!

lil_shane84
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:04 PM
they to all the razor kick scooters out of stores too.. wtf.. if ur kids chewing on his/her motorcycle then they shouldnt have one.

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I've been a proponent of banning minivans for several years anyway, but really just because I think they're dumb. Leaded minivans only gives me more ammo for my cause.

Fuck 'em. They want to take away things from my life's activities, I say we can play that game too. Eye for an eye, and a van for a bike. WHERE YOU GONNA BE NOW SOCCER MOMS? Sitting in the driveway watching your kids play in the chalk outline of what USED to be your minivan, that's what!!
It's Ralph's pent up rage that makes him loveable :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:43 PM
It's Ralph's pent up rage that makes him loveable :lol:

And the fact that he owns guns :twisted:

InlineSIX24
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sign & send the newest petition to support the bill which could overturn the ban:
http://www.arra-access.com/campaign/adv_s608?rk=XpvdTi6aaLfWE

Senate Bill to Overturn Ban on Youth ATVs and Dirt Bikes Introduced!

Weigh in to Have Your Voice Heard!
Youth sized ATVs and dirt bikes are still banned. We need your help to continue to build enough pressure to get the ban overturned. It is unlikely that the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) will act to approve the Motorcycle Industry Council’s petition to grant regulatory relief. This means we need Congress to act.
Senator Tester (D-MT) has introduced legislation, S. 608 that would stop the ban.

Please click the Send This Message button below to urge your Senators and Members of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee to support this bill.

ARRA members have responded in huge numbers on this issue already, but it is important that you continue to have your voice heard.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Sent

Bueller
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Done