PDA

View Full Version : Poorly behaving judges

Filo
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Here you go - something to get up in arms about:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/23/pennsylvania.corrupt.judges/index.html

If they were sending the kids up simply because they (the judges) were vindictive, that is one thing. Sending them up for a corporate kickback is something else entirely.

Kappa03
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
Wow.. Jail kids for cash.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
But.....where was the $$ coming from? who was paying the kickbacks and why?

those judges should never see the prison walls from the outside again.:scream1::banghead:

Filo
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
But.....where was the $$ coming from? who was paying the kickbacks and why?

those judges should never see the prison walls from the outside again.:scream1::banghead:

The article implies it was coming from the private prison company. I assume the reason was to pump up quarter-to-quarter earnings to increase stock price - but that is just a guess.

EDIT - My bad - they appear privately owned, so it must just be straight greed. But check out their website. It looks like a recreational facility web site, not a prison website...
http://www.midatlanticyouth.com/index.shtml

~Barn~
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Definitely underhanded and extreme, but I can pretty much say with confidence that a majority of those kids that got railroaded will never fuck up again. :lol:

There's something to be said for breaking the law and having the entire library thrown at you!

McVaaahhh
Mon Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
:imwithstupid:

They are probably all on the straight and narrow now.

DARK ANGEL
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
how can the justice system still be trusted when we have more and more law enforcement officers and judges getting hammered for being corrupt and proven guilty... makes me sick really

MikeG
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM
The problem is everybody continues to vote in the judges time after time just for the sake of not knowing any better. If on the ballot, instead everyone voted every incumbent judge out, we'd be much better off.
The problem is that once a judge stays incumbent for so long, he/she begins to create the law as they see fit rather than interpret and enforce it.

DARK ANGEL
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 06:30 AM
The problem is that once a judge stays incumbent for so long, he/she begins to create the law as they see fit rather than interpret and enforce it.

finally a good explanation of the problem with these judges and LEO's