PDA

View Full Version : KTM demo

Ninja Nate
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I'm in the market for a new street ride. I have no want/need for an I4 on the street, looking at twins. Specifically looking at the Hypermotard, Monster 1100 and the KTM Superduke. I have already ridden the Hypermotard, and assuming I can score a test ride on a new monster soon, but what I really want is to test ride a Superduke. Does anyone know if/where there is a KTM Superduke for demo rides? All help is appreciated :)

PsychoMike
Tue Feb 24th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Ive ridden the 690 duke and its a fun as hell bike to ride.

if you can afford the hypermotard do that, it was the most fun i have ever had one two wheels

Ninja Nate
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I'm looking more along the lines of the Superduke, the 990 version. Thanks though!

longrider
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 02:28 PM
If you can wait a little bit the KTM Riding Experience will be at Fay Myers on May 9th with demos of all the street bikes.

rforsythe
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 03:32 PM
If you can wait a little bit the KTM Riding Experience will be at Fay Myers on May 9th with demos of all the street bikes.

Are we talking "25mph parade" demos, or actual "ride the bike" demos?

longrider
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Are we talking "25mph parade" demos, or actual "ride the bike" demos?

Honestly I expect it to be somewhere between the two extremes. The one I went on a couple years ago started out rather boring but by the time we got on I25 at County Line I was able to open it up (in a straight line) If the loop goes through Inverness you could get a couple good corners in.

I wont make any promises as it depends on who is leading it, but I went on one demo ride (with customers, not a staff only ride) that did get a little spirited and was fun.

rforsythe
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Well, that doesn't sound too bad then. I don't expect it to be a "piss off the cops" type of run, but I remember the demos the mfr's had going up at Cyclefest were beyond lame.