PDA

View Full Version : Broken-Down Baby on 36

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, my little SV and I were just out for a nice little ride:hump:...it was approximately a mile long because at that point she decided not to run anymore. :( (wow, animating this story with emoticons is so fun!) I pushed her through the left turn lane and parked, whereupon a nice hippie :) gave me a ride back to my house.

Pretty sure I overfilled her with oil (long story and wow I'm really embarassed...:banghead:), and of course motorcycles run on gas, not oil. :shocked:So I need to drain some out and go from there. Hopefully she'll start back up and I can ride home...

I'm in class from 4-5.40 but after that I'm going to try to get my baby home.

Anyway, thought I'd ask for advice/suggestions on what to do!!!

:alien:

Sully
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Have Sean suck the oil out :), seriously !

Devaclis
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Man, if I had a truck I would leave right now. Sorry your Non-Honda broke down. Someone here will help ya out :)

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:00 PM
haha yeah blame it on Sean!!! It's his fault!!!

Devaclis
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:01 PM

I've sucked the oil outta Sully's before :)

Panman06
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, my little SV and I were just out for a nice little ride:hump:...it was approximately a mile long because at that point she decided not to run anymore. :( (wow, animating this story with emoticons is so fun!) I pushed her through the left turn lane and parked, whereupon a nice hippie :) gave me a ride back to my house.

Pretty sure I overfilled her with oil (long story and wow I'm really embarassed...:banghead:), and of course motorcycles run on gas, not oil. :shocked:So I need to drain some out and go from there. Hopefully she'll start back up and I can ride home...

I'm in class from 4-5.40 but after that I'm going to try to get my baby home.

Anyway, thought I'd ask for advice/suggestions on what to do!!!

:alien:

So...you filled the gas tank with oil? :confused: Or did you put too much oil in the crank?

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:10 PM
haha no I'm not that dumb. No oil in the gas tank.

Sully
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I've sucked the oil outta Sully's before :)

:lol:.. wasn't that Jeff ? It was still hot too ! doh !!

Devaclis
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM
He started but I finished :) You dirty girl. ahem, back on subject.

Sean
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM
:321:

Man, if I had a truck I would leave right now. Sorry your Non-Honda broke down. Someone here will help ya out :)
Thanks for the offer :up: Thank goodness she doesn't ride a Honda, I'd have to break up with her then :lol:

Ang, how did it die? how do you know it to full of oil? did it make any sounds as it died? did it jerk? does it turn over? more detail's please :)

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Where on 36 is your bike?

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
started losing power, realized lots of black smoke was coming out the exhaust, oil light went on, bike died completely. This all happened probably within the course of 10 seconds.

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
north of boulder, the stretch that heads west before leaving Boulder city limits

Sean
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM
on 36 between browadway and the diagnal

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Was it dripping any oil when you parked it?

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Was it dripping any oil when you parked it?

not that I noticed.

dirkterrell
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I can bring the trailer and load it up if needed.

Dirk

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
north of boulder, the stretch that heads west before leaving Boulder city limits

I'm here at CU. I'm leaving in about 20 min. If you need a ride i can take you out there and look at the bike.

MetaLord 9
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Hmmm....Doesn't sound good, but hopefully I'm way wrong on this one. Sorry for teh suck! Good luck & let us know what happened when you find out!

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I can bring the trailer and load it up if needed.

Dirk

thanks, I'm gonna try and get it started before I do that. But might need your assistance later.

I'm here at CU. I'm leaving in about 20 min. If you need a ride i can take you out there and look at the bike.

Thanks for offer on the ride; fortunately I was able to get a ride home and grab my car before class. So I'm not stranded.

I will be heading back out to the bike after class (a little before 6) so that is when I'll need help.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 04:37 PM
thanks, I'm gonna try and get it started before I do that. But might need your assistance later.

Thanks for offer on the ride; fortunately I was able to get a ride home and grab my car before class. So I'm not stranded.

I will be heading back out to the bike after class (a little before 6) so that is when I'll need help.

PM me the details and I can meet you out there @ 6:00

Sean
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM
PM me the details and I can meet you out there @ 6:00If he's going...I'm not helping. That guy scares me :shocked:

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM
If he's going...I'm not helping. That guy scares me :shocked:

So you're saying I've finally found a way to repel you? Nick Ninja and I are now bff!!!

hehe. you know I'm just kidding, Mr. Shiny Side. :)

Sean
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Just want to give a big shout out to Jeff and Dirk. You guys are awesome. Completely saved our butts. Turns out there was a little more oil in the engine than needed. But thanks again guys :up:

Just another reason to appreciate our little dysfunctional family. As strange as we are, we never second guess helping each other.

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 08:37 PM
thank you Thank You THANK YOU to Nick Ninja, Dirk, and of course my wonderful bf Shiny for helping me in my time of need (or is it idiocy...either way)!!!

Just once again proves what a great group of people there are in CSC.

You three certainly saved a damsel in distress this evening.

Sortarican
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Just want to give a big shout out to Jeff and Dirk. .....
Just another reason to appreciate our little dysfunctional family..

...Just once again proves what a great group of people there are in CSC....

Dirk and Jeff have never done anything to help me.
They just give me grief, cause me heartache, and lower my self esteem.

Wow, you're right! It is just like a family.

angab
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
The kind of family where people show up at your place in the mountains expecting to stay the night and they don't even know you???

Yeah...I'll be doing that this weekend. To you. :) Best family EVER.

Sortarican
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM
:) Best family EVER.

We put the "fun" in "dysfunctional".:)

Sean
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Dirk and Jeff have never done anything to help me. They just give me grief, cause me heartache, and lower my self esteem.That's one of the main reasons I like them. :slappers:

dirkterrell
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Just want to give a big shout out to Jeff and Dirk.

thank you Thank You THANK YOU to Nick Ninja, Dirk, and of course my wonderful bf Shiny for helping me in my time of need (or is it idiocy...either way)!!!

Just once again proves what a great group of people there are in CSC.

Glad to help!

You three certainly saved a damsel in distress this evening.

Really? Sean didn't seem all that distressed.

Dirk

kalibra
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM
This is one of those times when I would have loved to be able to help,however due to the fact that I do not work in front of a computer all day ...I am limited to being on the forum only when I am at home.I only got to read this thread at 9pm,long after it was all over.I am glad to see that you got helped and yes it does feel like a family here.Love it .

Sean
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Really? Sean didn't seem all that distressed. :321:
:lol:
No more distressed than normal :banghead:

This is one of those times when I would have loved to be able to help,however due to the fact that I do not work in front of a computer all day ...I am limited to being on the forum only when I am at home.I only got to read this thread at 9pm,long after it was all over.I am glad to see that you got helped and yes it does feel like a family here.Love it .Thanks anyway :up: I'm quickly realizing that what comes around goes around. It appears that some days we need someones help, and some days we are someones help.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I need help ................ :twisted:

Sean
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I need help ................ :twisted:
We're here for ya.:hump: Let me just read over this link http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Christian-Exorcism and we'll get started :up:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM
We're here for ya.:hump: Let me just read over this link http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Christian-Exorcism and we'll get started :up:

I said help --- not hope. :devil2: