PDA

View Full Version : Holy Roller Sunday Ride

Pages : [1] 2

WidowmakerDutch
Wed Feb 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone was up for a cruise around on Sunday. We can have a nooner. Say around 12ish. 120th and I-25 Conoco. Cruise through town.

Group Ride Guidelines:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/ThePace.html

Rules and Signals:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/rules.html

And another reference (with pictures):
With each ride a leader or leader(s) will be elected. Most often it is whoever posted up the ride to begin with. This person is in charge of choosing a route, and choosing where we will stop for gas and food. Longer rides we may pick up additional riders at other locals. If this is the case that local will be used as a meeting point for anybody who falls behind, gets stuck at a light and the likes. We will do our best to keep the pace down and/or stop and wait for the stragglers at the next Stop sign or safe location to pull to the side.

A group ride with people you have never met before is not the place for you to try something new; for example: drag a knee, wheelie/stunt, go faster than you have ever before. We've all seen it and you wont impress us with anything. Go at your own pace. And for those of us who are seasoned at group rides, NEVER EVER get on someones case for riding too slow. Everybody has their own pace, and if you don't like it safely pass them using the following instructions.

Basic Recommended Gear:
Leather/Textile Jacket, Helmet(duh) and Gloves.

We strongly recommend riding boots and riding pants as well.

Basic Formations:
On highway or any straight road (staggered):
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/stag.jpg
On back roads and when entering a turn:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/insidepass.jpg
When Passing a Car:
Speed up to the car, pass and move in front of it by at least 50 feet, give the guy behind you room to get in front of the car also. DO NOT: pass and slow down to the speed of the car at X, this will give the next passing guy no room to come back into the lane, just keep going at least 5-10mph faster than the car (you did pass to go faster). Also don't pass 1 car out of a line of 3, only pass if you can really get ahead and proceed at a faster rate of speed. passing for no reason is just stupid and the group gets all messed up.

Once you've passed:
Use this hand signal to help the next rider pass by indicating he has the clear of way (in other words no on-coming traffic) If you are the rider who is being helped you do NOT have to pass the car unless you feel 100% about it. If you are worried about holding up others behind you let them come upfront and drop back. We do not want anyone to feel pressured into passing.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/safepass.jpg
Move out of the way:
First tell the rider behind you to catch up or get closer, this is also used for any "speed up" situation:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/speedup.jpg
If you feel you want the guy behind you in front for any reason or you simply want to drop back, wave him up:
Newer riders...if you are feeling pressured please signal the person behind you to pass.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/youlead.jpg
NEVER PASS ON THE RIGHT:
The only time is when you have your own lane to do so, DO NOT DO A FLY BY, make the pass easy (5-10mph faster than the other riders).

Speeds:
Even though a ride might be Slow/Mid(5-20mph over the limit), doesn't mean it will always stay that way. Leaders usually know the roads and want to enjoy themselves, thus they might speed up for a turn just to push the bike a little, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FOLLOW ON HIS ASS. If you feel you are going over your head/limits back off, the leader will always wait for you at the next straight away, stop sign or turn. Remember, a group ride is not the place to try something new you have never done before.

Other Hand Signals:
Left Turn:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/left.jpg
Right Turn:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/right.jpg
U-Turn/Turn Around:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/uturn.jpg

Your High Beams are on or turn signal still flashing (open and close hand repeatedly):
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/highbeam.jpg
Road Hazard, Debris:
Don't be afraid to signal with your feet.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/berzerkus/Motorcycle/Etiquette/hazard.jpg

COP/5-0 (tap on helmet):

I Need Food/Drink:
Remember that the group leader typically arranges for stops for Food, but some rides they may not. So come with a full stomach or be prepared to go hungry for a bit. But if you are breaking off the group...let us know by waving goodbye and making this gesture.

I Need Gas (Point at tank):
Remember that the group leader typically arranges for stops for Food and Gas at some point, but if you absolutely cannot wait...this is what to do.

Getting Pulled Over by a Cop:
The Group Gets Pulled Over
Everyone stops.

You don't know why, you don't know where you don't know anything!

One Person Gets Pulled Over:
Member X did a wheelie and is now getting pulled over, let him, just continue slow to the next rest area, store, parking lot and wait for him to catch back up. If you are also asked to pull over do so but you don't know why, what, when or how member X did something.

Leaving a Group:
No matter what happens don't just split off and not tell anyone. As part of a group ride you are to double check once in a while on the guy behind you, if you split off the guys upfront have no clue what happened and might think you crashed, turn around, do a search and so on. So never just leave, let someone know somehow that you are splitting off.

Remember to Have fun and be Safe!

Dark Angel Gixxer 6
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I might be down I'm a slow poke though

willb003
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I might be down if I get done with rebuilding.

GixxerCarrie
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I'm in.

WidowmakerDutch
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 04:49 AM
As long as you're up for riding, I think you can keep up.

I'm in.
Glad to hear you'll be joining us. It will be great seeing you again Carrie. It's been awhile.

I might be down if I get done with rebuilding.
If you need a hand just shout, We'll get you fixed up.

200sr20
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 06:34 AM
I love to ride on Sundays,......and play on the bike

Reyven
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I might be game

OUTLAWD
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I am ripping the bike apart saturday to do some basic shit, brakes, air filter, etc., but If i get it back together I'm game.

~Barn~
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 07:51 AM

:lol:
It's through town. Where are you going to need to be fast?

Squisha
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I may be old-fashioned, but I prefer a slow-poke to a fast-poke anyway. :eyebrows:I'm in if I'm conscious by then!

Sully
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Sorry, I'll be at church, confessing all my sins.. :angel: shouldn't take long tho.. .. no, wait, I forgot about a few things.. don't wait for me.. :devil2:

WidowmakerDutch
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I love to ride on Sundays,......and play on the bike
I hope your ready to play. Maybe another shot of absinthe will get you going :yumyum:

Sorry, I'll be at church, confessing all my sins.. :angel: shouldn't take long tho.. .. no, wait, I forgot about a few things.. don't wait for me.. :devil2:

Come on Sully, just add another day to your sins and join us. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/Good_Evil.gif

~Barn~
I may be old-fashioned, but I prefer a slow-poke to a fast-poke anyway. :eyebrows:I'm in if I'm conscious by then!

Ha! This post works on so many levels for me, this morning.

Matty
if i wasn't going shredding... i wouldn't mind getting out with my northie friends.

Sully
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I was thinking about going to Mental's World Superbike Party in the Springs :)

WidowmakerDutch
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Ha! This post works on so many levels for me, this morning.

Hahaha I'm thinking that quote works every morning.

lightspeed
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Does a cruise thru town mean obeying speed limits:turtle:? If so..I'll bring my slow FJ60...it loves to just cruise along in first gear...lol.

You guys have forced me to narrow my chicken strips and now I don't know if my bike will act right at around the speed limit...:devious:

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I'll go.

SumoWeezle
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I should be able to make this as well

WidowmakerDutch
Does a cruise thru town mean obeying speed limits:turtle:? If so..I'll bring my slow FJ60...it loves to just cruise along in first gear...lol.

You guys have forced me to narrow my chicken strips and now I don't know if my bike will act right at around the speed limit...:devious:

Hmmmm...maybe not that slow. And we didn't force you to narrow your chicken strips, You could have been a granny and rode a big wheel,lol. We'll have a few places to GO FAST!! :cheers:

I'll go.
Glad to hear you're going to join us on this adventure. It'll be good to ride with ya. The more the scarier.

Snowman
Sorry, I'll be at church, confessing all my sins.. :angel: shouldn't take long tho.. .. no, wait, I forgot about a few things.. don't wait for me.. :devil2:Sell your soul Sully. :)
Without one, you won’t be able to sin.

Then again, with current market conditions if you didn’t sell back in 2007 you maybe locking in your losses. I mean look at all those lost souls that got sold at Leman Brothers before the went under.

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I'll go.

I should be able to make this as wellI'll believe it when I see it gentlemen! ;)

Foolds
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Ahh hell... I'm in

WidowmakerDutch
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ahh hell... I'm in

Just couldn't stand it anymore huh. Glad to hear you're joining us. :slappers:

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Ahh hell... I'm inWow, you're coming too...someone pinch me I think I'm dreaming. :)

MetaLord 9
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:37 AM
if i wasn't going shredding... i wouldn't mind getting out with my northie friends.
The gnar...she's a calling...

Foolds
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Wow, you're coming too...someone pinch me I think I'm dreaming. :)

Just don't let me catch you staring at my AS$ when I pass you!

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Just don't let me catch you staring at my AS$ when I pass you!What are you talkin about you scrawny fucker you don't have an ass, do you?

Sully
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM
:spit:.. his scrawny ass will be passing you on his 650?

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:53 AM
:spit:.. his scrawny ass will be passing you on his 650?Hey good lookin out Sully! I completely missed that. Matter of fact I don't think I've ever seen JJ's ass.

Sully
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:55 AM

lightspeed
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM
KSU @ what time?

MetaLord 9
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hey good lookin out Sully! I completely missed that. Matter of fact I don't think I've ever seen JJ's ass.
I think it's somewhere near his shoulders... :D

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I think it's somewhere near his shoulders... :D

very near!!!

lightspeed
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hmmmm...maybe not that slow. And we didn't force you to narrow your chicken strips, You could have been a granny and rode a big wheel,lol. We'll have a few places to GO FAST!! :cheers:

Woah...takin me back 15yrs to the big wheel days. Those were the original three wheelers...i bet you could get at least 30 down a good steep slope.

BTW, thanks for the pic.

kemoman
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I would love to join in. I can't wait for my first group ride.

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I would love to join in. I can't wait for my first group ride.You're welcome to join! The more responsible riders the merrier. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but just make sure that you come geared up and that you understand what it means to ride with a group.

ultracyber
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Count me in

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM
You're welcome to join! The more responsible riders the merrier. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but just make sure that you come geared up and that you understand what it means to ride with a group.

in other words:
sandals, shorts and tanktop at a minimum or don't bother showing up.

kemoman
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Fair enough.

ultracyber
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:43 PM
in other words:
sandals, shorts and tanktop at a minimum or don't bother showing up.

LOL LOL LOL

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:46 PM
in other words:
sandals, shorts and tanktop at a minimum or don't bother showing up.smartass! :drink::)

You better not show in your spaghetti strap Tank...you'll scare off all the riders!

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:49 PM
can I borrow your pigtails

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:50 PM
can I borrow your pigtailsSo long as you hang them out of the straps of your banana hammock. :)

eg bter
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:50 PM
perhaps

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
perhapsBoy that was random. Perhaps, what? That mean you're going to come ride too? I don't think I've ridden with your goofy ass yet either.

SumoWeezle
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
So long as you hang them out of the straps of your banana hammock. :)

damnit woman... now I have to go poor bleach in my eyes to burn that image....

:slap:

:D

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I've got a lighter and some starter fluid Sumo if that helps. I think you're going to need something a bit more powerful than bleach.

eg bter
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Boy that was random. Perhaps, what? That mean you're going to come ride too? I don't think I've ridden with your goofy ass yet either.

Means perhaps I will grace you with my presence

SaShWhO
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 02:19 PM
we're not worthy:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow ::bow:

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Means perhaps I will grace you with my presencePerhaps we better see your ass there!

we're not worthy:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow ::bow:Look who's talkin... Mista "I can't come ride cuz I gots ta work"

SumoWeezle
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Means perhaps I will grace you with my presence

whoah... wait a tic... you actually have a bike?.?.? :shocked:

:doublefinger:

eg bter
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 03:51 PM
whoah... wait a tic... you actually have a bike?.?.? :shocked:

:doublefinger:

I do...and they let me on the streets with it too. Shows you what "they" know. :D

WidowmakerDutch
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Woah...takin me back 15yrs to the big wheel days. Those were the original three wheelers...i bet you could get at least 30 down a good steep slope.

BTW, thanks for the pic.

No problem on the pic. And we could always tie a rope around that thing and pull you behind us for at least a few hundred yards, I bet we could get you over 30 before we watch you barreling down the side of the road kicking up dust everywhere.

caddygsxr
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM
i maybe down for this

nattynoo
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hmmmm. Depends on how the slopes treat me on Saturday. If all goes well I will definitely be up for a ride :devious:

Plus...I think this ride just might need a bit more estrogen. Oh wait, JJ's comin' nevermind :lol:

eg bter
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 04:49 PM
:pointlaugh: nice

Foolds
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Hmmmm. Depends on how the slopes treat me on Saturday. If all goes well I will definitely be up for a ride :devious:

Plus...I think this ride just might need a bit more estrogen. Oh wait, JJ's comin' nevermind :lol:

:banghead:

Wow... Just Wow.... I got nothing else to say

Sean
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Damn, sounds like a good ride. To bad I'll still be in Breck on Sunday. Be safe!

lightspeed
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
No problem on the pic. And we could always tie a rope around that thing and pull you behind us for at least a few hundred yards, I bet we could get you over 30 before we watch you barreling down the side of the road kicking up dust everywhere.

I may suprize you and have some NOS and a little two stroke engine hidden somewhere underneath the fairing. Or maybe I'll show up with a "Green Machine":cool:

GixxerCarrie
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM

:spit:

Sunday: Mostly sunny and mild. Morning lows will be from 23 to 27 degrees, afternoon highs 58 to 63 degrees

Wockilla
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I think I'm down, it'll also be my first group ride so, looking forward to joining you guys. I'll be properly geared.

DK74
Thu Feb 26th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Whats up guys. It was fun riding up to estes with some of you... Count me in for Sunday!

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 09:02 AM
:bananna:how can I ever miss this ride?:rock:
Kinda like a pre-parade ride!!:hibye:
:idea:We can practice our Shriner moves??!!??:yay:

Make sure you have your Red hat and streamers. Glad to hear you're going to join us.:rock:

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I think I'm down, it'll also be my first group ride so, looking forward to joining you guys. I'll be properly geared.
We're looking forward to having you.

Whats up guys. It was fun riding up to estes with some of you... Count me in for Sunday!
Good riding with some of us huh! I see how it is.:)

Streamers and baseball cards for my spokes!!!!:hump:
May have 2 newbies tagging along too!!

There's a few newbelies coming. The more the merrier i say. Ohh yes baseball cards in the spokes, now that's the way we roll. I'll make sure to get the best ones out of my collection. :alien:

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 09:30 AM
For those of you that are N00bs, please make sure you have your gear and that any squidlike riding behavior is left behind!!

Thanks!

Sully
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM
but if I'm not a n00b, can I ride like a :squid:

Do you have a pre-ride talk re: rules, signals, riding in a group, etc. ?

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
but if I'm not a n00b, can I ride like a :squid:

Do you have a pre-ride talk re: rules, signals, riding in a group, etc. ?I'll be preachin to the n00bs that've never been on a group ride. And yes sully you are the uber squid, so you're clear. Besides you have seniority. :) Or maybe I'll just post the group riding ettiquette here.

Sully
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM
:up:...

I've been trying not to be such a :squid:... or an asshole.. it's not working well... :lol:..

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM
:up:...

I've been trying not to be such a :squid:... or an asshole.. it's not working well... :lol:..So is your uber squidliness going to be joining us on Sunday??? Would be nice to ride wit you again.

Sully
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Still up in the air on sundays events. WSBK in 'da springs or ride... :crazy:

It has been a long time since we rode together.. Last time in Boulder didn't really count imo since it was like a 5 block ride.. prior to that it was 3+ years ? :dunno:..

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Updated first post with group riding guidelines.

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Still up in the air on sundays events. WSBK in 'da springs or ride... :crazy:

It has been a long time since we rode together.. Last time in Boulder didn't really count imo since it was like a 5 block ride.. prior to that it was 3+ years ? :dunno:..RIDE!!!! Yea I think the last time we rode together was right after I joined 2+ years ago.

Sully
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I think your brother and husband were both on the ride. Rode to Breckenridge I believe.

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Sunday: Mostly sunny and mild. Morning lows will be from 23 to 27 degrees, afternoon highs 58 to 63 degrees

tempting .... soooooo tempting.

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I think your brother and husband were both on the ride. Rode to Breckenridge I believe.Yes I do believe you are right! :) So it's time!

BUSANAS
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 12:11 PM
think im gunna have to dust the ol big busa girl off and join you all, noonish is fine since its still a little chill out there

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
hey Dutch
your ass better start thinking about where your gonna lead this radipdly growing group:crazy:.

blaircsf
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Assuming there isn't a size limit imposed, I will keep this in mind. I'll have to see how my day works out, but I was planning on getting the bike out this weekend already.

~Barn~
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 12:58 PM
hey Dutch
your ass better start thinking about where your gonna lead this radipdly growing group:crazy:.

Great point Sash! With a group this big, I would get the hell outta the city with a quickness. Even if you are aiming for a townie ride, this will turn into a cluster in about 2 or 4 stoplights. And not to mention the possibility of somebody making a bonehead move in an attempt to keep up with the group, and becoming a hood ornament. :lol:

Anyway.... If you're looking for a newie-friendly ride, I would take people South on Parker Road until it turns into Highway 83. There's lots of fun sweepers you can take casually or at-speed. No blind curves. Theres some straight spots where you can see how long you're willing to hold WOT, if that's your thing. There's a cool state park that you will ride though. There's no tricky turns or intersections to get lost at, and there's places along the route to pullover and do a headcount to make sure everybody is everybody. It will end up taking you down into Colorado Springs and then you can just return on I-25 or ad-lib from there.
:up:

EDIT: And will one of you long-timers please do the obligatory pre-ride speech to go over the typical CSC etiquette and expectations. This looks like it's going to be a fun-as-hell ride with everybody going, and I'd hate to hear about any wipeouts because somebody was riding like a dickhole.

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Great point Sash! With a group this big, I would get the hell outta the city with a quickness. Even if you are aiming for townie ride, this will turn into a cluster in about 2 or 4 stoplights. And not to mention the possibility of somebody making a bonehead move in an attempt to keep up with the group, and becoming a hood ornament. :lol:

Anyway.... If you're looking for a newie-friendly ride, I would take people South on Parker Road until it turns into Highway 83. There's lots of fun sweepers you can take casually or at-speed. No blind curves. Theres some straight spots where you can see how long you're willing to hold WOT, if that's your thing. There's a cool state park that you will ride though. There's no tricky turns or intersections to get lost at, and there's places along the route to pull however and do a headcount to make sure everybody is everybody. It will end up taking you down into Colorado Springs and then you can just return on I-25 or ad-lib from there.

EDIT: And will one of you long-timers please do the obligatory pre-ride speech to go over the typical CSC etiquette and expectations. This looks like it's going to be a fun-as-hell ride with everybody going, and I'd hate to hear about any wipeouts because somebody was riding like a dickhole.

great advise from the great Barn:bow:
with Dutch leading this goat rodeo it will be like the blind leading the blind:crazy:
love ya man!

~Barn~
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Eww... Goat Rodeo. That's going to be the name of my band.

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
hey Dutch

Yeah I feel ya. When I posted this I figured it would be a few people again. After a few days I'm like HOLY SHIT!!!lol

Great point Sash! With a group this big, I would get the hell outta the city with a quickness. Even if you are aiming for townie ride, this will turn into a cluster in about 2 or 4 stoplights. And not to mention the possibility of somebody making a bonehead move in an attempt to keep up with the group, and becoming a hood ornament. :lol:

Anyway.... If you're looking for a newie-friendly ride, I would take people South on Parker Road until it turns into Highway 83. There's lots of fun sweepers you can take casually or at-speed. No blind curves. Theres some straight spots where you can see how long you're willing to hold WOT, if that's your thing. There's a cool state park that you will ride though. There's no tricky turns or intersections to get lost at, and there's places along the route to pull however and do a headcount to make sure everybody is everybody. It will end up taking you down into Colorado Springs and then you can just return on I-25 or ad-lib from there.

That sounds good to me. I'm not sure of many routes in CO, so any suggestions would be appreciated. It would be nice to have something for all riders though.
It would also be nice to talk with the group pre-ride since we do have so many noobs coming out. Since we'd end up in the Springs....We all could end up going over and crashing Mentals Superbike Party,lol.

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Eww... Goat Rodeo. That's going to be the name of my band.

I'll sell you the copyrighted name for 2 pounds of the sticky icky icky.

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:31 PM
great advise from the great Barn:bow:
with Dutch leading this goat rodeo it will be like the blind leading the blind:crazy:
love ya man!

Ohh yeah I'm feeling the love :doublefinger:,lol. I'll just make sure your in front of me, I need a seeing eye dog.

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Ohh yeah I'm feeling the love :doublefinger:,lol. I'll just make sure your in front of me, I need a seeing eye dog.
naaa dooode
I paid my dues last year by sweeping for cops on most rides.
This is your year to shine big boy:slappers:

~Barn~
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I'll sell you the copyrighted name for 2 pounds of the sticky icky icky.

I'll have my people call your people.

When we get people.

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
naaa dooode
I paid my dues last year by sweeping for cops on most rides.
This is your year to shine big boy:slappers:

I just paid off my last ticket $474.00. No way I'm sweeping $hit,lol. My year to shine huh, Damn..What did i get myself into.

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I would recommend that given the n00bs on the ride and inconsistent weather conditions that we should stick to some of the main roads. At noon, pretty much no matter where we go we're going to hit traffic.

Has anyone been up 72 or perhaps golden gate and know the road conditions?

or we could take a snails pace behind a shit ton of old people and go up 6 to 119 into central city, down the pkwy (slowly lots of cops) and down die-70....

34 was clean too when we came through there on Sunday...but I'm not sure if I wanna go up to estes again.

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I like Barns plan better for it's so freakin cold up in them thar hills.

200sr20
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:53 PM
With me showing up you will all get to stare at an amazing ass passing you....but it wont be mine.......

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Has anyone been up 72 or perhaps golden gate and know the road conditions?

A friend rode Coal Creek and it was naaastaay. Pretty much a beach west of the switchbacks.

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:57 PM
With me showing up you will all get to stare at an amazing ass passing you....but it wont be mine.......

so JJ is riding Bitch again in other words:slappers:

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 02:00 PM
A friend rode Coal Creek and it was naaastaay. Pretty much a beach west of the switchbacks.Damn.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I like Barns plan better for it's so freakin cold up in them thar hills.
DITTO! I just rode back from TFOG and feel like I want to die. My hands may never thaw out. Note to self. Don't ride even when they say 20% chance of snow. I know routes down this way.....

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I was gonna say, there's some nice back roads with curves in west Jeffco/Boulder counties if you're staying north-ish.

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 02:25 PM
If you have ideas, by all means post up your suggested routes so that we have one picked before Sunday!

SaShWhO
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I was gonna say, there's some nice back roads with curves in west Jeffco/Boulder counties if you're staying north-ish.

how bout you come out and show us!!!

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 02:51 PM
how bout you come out and show us!!!

How bout I do? I gimped up my foot last weekend skiing (well, tripping, actually) but should be cleared to ride, with enough ibuprofen in me.

Basically loop around Standley Lake towards Rocky Flats, behind Superior and the east side of Boulder, up north towards Longmont/Niwot a bit and then east over to Riverdale Road back to the start.

lightspeed
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Anyway.... If you're looking for a newie-friendly ride, I would take people South on Parker Road until it turns into Highway 83. There's lots of fun sweepers you can take casually or at-speed. No blind curves. Theres some straight spots where you can see how long you're willing to hold WOT, if that's your thing. There's a cool state park that you will ride though. There's no tricky turns or intersections to get lost at, and there's places along the route to pullover and do a headcount to make sure everybody is everybody. It will end up taking you down into Colorado Springs and then you can just return on I-25 or ad-lib from there.

This ride sounds excellent...

~Barn~
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
The things that I like about this ride are that it's perfect for iffy weather like this, because you're still out on the plains and there's really no need to worry about spotty road conditions, like in the canyon twisties. I'm certain that it's probably warmer too, being out of the canyons, lower elevation, and out under the sun.

And plus... although it's easy enough for a newbie to relax on, and pick their pace, and discover more throttle, an experienced rider can definitely dial it up. Line-of-sight is wide open for virtually every turn, as it's more of a sweeper run, than a twisty. It's one of those Sunday Drive highways if you want it to be, or you can absolutely torch it.

Have a blast no matter where ya'll decide to go. :up:

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 03:47 PM
How's 105 (Perry Park Rd) been between Palmer Lake and Sedalia?

tl1000riders
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Might have to pull out the GSXR and join ya! Besides I need some seat time on that badboy!! Trackday coming soon!!!!!:)

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 04:03 PM
How bout I do? I gimped up my foot last weekend skiing (well, tripping, actually) but should be cleared to ride, with enough ibuprofen in me.

Basically loop around Standley Lake towards Rocky Flats, behind Superior and the east side of Boulder, up north towards Longmont/Niwot a bit and then east over to Riverdale Road back to the start.Sounds like a great ride, and since you're the only one that knows where we're goin, I'm going to nominate you the leader!!

:)

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a great ride, and since you're the only one that knows where we're goin, I'm going to nominate you the leader!!

:)

:banghead: volunteered again. I seem to recall that happened the last noob ride. When will I learn.

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM
From the looks of things, never...but it works out well for the rest of us!

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 04:31 PM
... not if you're heading south to Parker ;) Then I'm lost.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM
... not if you're heading south to Parker ;) Then I'm lost.

i think going south would be nice and it is different then all the canyon riding that we will do in the next rides.
Is that Elephant Rock park you are talking about?

DevilsTonic
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I'm thinkin your route sounds good I don't feel like doin the iron butt thing all the way to the springs tomorrow.

Sully
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM
How's 105 (Perry Park Rd) been between Palmer Lake and Sedalia?

Last time I was on 105 was about a month ago. There was a speed trap about 3 miles down 105 from the Sedalia turn off. Most of the road was clean. Some sand on the double yellow and in some random spots on the road. The last S turn was a pucker moment as well. :shocked:

MTLHD
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Count me in.

SaShWhO
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:01 AM
some of us are gonna get our grub on before the ride.
There is a Philly shop on the northwest corner of 120th and colorado by King Soopers.
Join us if you feel the need to refuel the gut prior to riding.:yumyum:

asp_125
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM
What time's kick stands up? Noon?

lightspeed
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
What time's kick stands up? Noon?

Wondering the same thing...I have a one or two people that want to join...

asp_125
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Sounds like that from the first post. I just wanted to confirm so that I can plan the length of the ride accordingly. I will assume noon.

SaShWhO
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
he said ASSUME:slappers:
Get Yahoo! Weather on your desktop (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=37752/*http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/yahoo-weather)

TodayTomorrowMonTueWed6-10 DaySunny
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Mostly Sunny
Extended Forecast (http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15lhsods8/M=385205.13241003.13378348.1666089/D=wt/S=20078731:WTHE/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1235848934/L=SLgZg0WTTv7PgWADSStoph2XYXYn_UmpcsUADdhl/B=GoeiEUWTSQU-/J=1235841734002408/K=YAeSEiKt7OlHohxWfl7wMg/A=3802593/R=0/SIG=15evv4r04/*http://yahoo.weather.com/weather/extended/USCO0105?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=extendedforecast&cm_ven=Yahoo&cm_cat=www.yahoo.com&cm_pla=forecastpage&cm_ite=CityPage) High: 45° Low: 31°
High: 60° Low: 43°
High: 70° Low: 43°
High: 68° Low: 44°
High: 68° Low: 42°

Get Alerts: Mobile (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/weather/resources/mobilealerts/*http://alerts.yahoo.com/alerts/rdr.php?nep=weathermobile) Email (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/weather/alerts/front/*http://alerts.yahoo.com/alerts/rdr.php?nep=weatherforecastpage) Snowfall Alerts (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/weather/resources/snow/*http://alerts.yahoo.com/alerts/rdr.php?nep=weathersnowfall) Weather Bulletins (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/weather/resources/bulletins/*http://alerts.yahoo.com/alerts/rdr.php?nep=weathernews)

looks like a nice week ahead!
all the more reason to bring some of the Scooters out of Hiatus.

64BonnieLass
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Last time I was on 105 was about a month ago. There was a speed trap about 3 miles down 105 from the Sedalia turn off. Most of the road was clean. Some sand on the double yellow and in some random spots on the road. The last S turn was a pucker moment as well. :shocked:

Yep, watch this S turn. Follow the tire tracks at a very slow pace, stay out of the thick sand, and all is well.

I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow. Yay You!!!

asp_125
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 06:41 PM
looks like a nice week ahead!
all the more reason to bring some of the Scooters out of Hiatus.

As if we ever put them away.
Yep! 70 on Monday! :yes:

DK74
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 08:14 PM
My vote is on 83 down to springs. Take a quick coffee break somewhere there and then shoot up I25 back north or up 105. Something different would be nice once in a while.

WidowmakerDutch
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Kickstands up at 12:20. With this many people coming in from all over town. I figure we all can give everyone a chance to make it out and get water or food before we leave.
I have a couple of ride options. Here there are.

Rte #1....Hwy 34 to Estes Park - taking off for Hwy 7- Upper 7 was a little sandy lower 7 was clear and great Riding.
Rte #2....I-36 to St Vrain-7 to Peak to Peak Hwy-72 then south to Nederland then continueing to Boulder Canyon119
Rte #3....Coal Creek Canyon to Peak to Peak then South to Blackhawk.

200sr20
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I vote option 1

lightspeed
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
My vote is on 83 down to springs. Take a quick coffee break somewhere there and then shoot up I25 back north or up 105. Something different would be nice once in a while.

+1...:yes::wait:...lol

Actually a change :) would be nice...but it'll just be nice to be on the horse with you good folks again...

eg bter
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
What time you guys meeting for lunch Sash? 11:30ish?

asp_125
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
#1 or #2, Coal Creek is pretty bad I heard.

willb003
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Got finished, so I'm in.

SaShWhO
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
What time you guys meeting for lunch Sash? 11:30ish?
11ish
unless a find a last minute babysitter I'm out again from my roomate stranded me with my boys(again).

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:31 AM
Have fun kiddos if you end up in Loveland give me a call. I would love to go but I need a front tire mounted and cant find anyone around to do it.

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:38 AM
Have fun kiddos if you end up in Loveland give me a call. I would love to go but I need a front tire mounted and cant find anyone around to do it.

Just hop on top the wheel and mount it yourself.

eg bter
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:21 AM
11ish
unless a find a last minute babysitter I'm out again from my roomate stranded me with my boys(again).

:banghead: Damn...Good luck with that

~Barn~
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:54 AM
So Sash... You still doing lunch then, even if you don't ride?

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:21 AM
11ish

We need to all pitch in and buy you a sidecar for that bike. We could probably get your boys stuffed in for a ride.:) Hope you can find a sitter Sascha

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:25 AM
i'm still game for a south ride, doesnt look that warm yet?
Will discuss when we meet, maybe split some of the group?
Not meaning to rain on your parade though.

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:32 AM
i'm still game for a south ride, doesnt look that warm yet?
Will discuss when we meet, maybe split some of the group?
Not meaning to rain on your parade though.

You can rain on my parade anytime. It's better than pissing in my Wheaties:). We can figure out something. I'd still be up for heading South as well. I'm just spitting out a few other places. I am just ready to RIDE. I'd like to keep the group intact as long as possible. It would be nice to ride with everyone.

200sr20
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
I'd like to ride the group too......err....I meand with the group

Cap'n Crunch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hey Dutch - let me know if you guys are going to come down south - if you are I might try to catch up with you.

SaShWhO
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:56 AM
I'd like to ride the group too......err....I meand with the group
FAG:gay:

if all fails I'll still do lunch and see you Phuckers off again:cry::cry::cry:.

GixxerCarrie
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:56 AM
going down south might be a wiser/warmer decision!

eg bter
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:01 AM
FAG:gay:

if all fails I'll still do lunch and see you Phuckers off again:cry::cry::cry:.

I will attempt to be at the Philly place around 11 then.

BUSANAS
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:06 AM
MASS state cops towards springs, I went to pueblo yesterday and counted 12 yes 12 state cop cars, O I guess they had aircraft also because I got pulled over when I was not speeding and was handed a $162 ticket from "aircraft"

~Barn~
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM
I'll see you guys at the lunch spot in a few.

DK74
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM
I think they were trying to meet their feb quota.....lol

asp_125
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM
MASS state cops towards springs..

Damn!

going down south might be a wiser/warmer decision!

NOAA weather for Boulder... 36F right now. North or south, I think a lowlands ride might be good.

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Damn!

NOAA weather for Boulder... 36F right now. North or south, I think a lowlands ride might be good.

Well then let's head towards AZ then it's suppose to be like 73 today, We can make a 12 hr ride:slappers:

asp_125
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:32 AM
Keep going .... Vegas baby, vegas!

leadbedr
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:34 AM
are you all meeting at conoco or the cheese steak place?

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:36 AM
are you all meeting at conoco or the cheese steak place?

We are meeting at the Conoco. Some of us are going to the Cheese place prior to the meet at 12.

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Keep going .... Vegas baby, vegas!

Well if we're doing Vegas than we'll make it the PINK TACO RUN.

BUSANAS
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM
Well if we're doing Vegas than we'll make it the PINK TACO RUN.
mmmm pink taco:siesta:

lightspeed
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Hope everyone made it back safely. And now that that's said...

Thanks organizers for ANOTHER KICK ASS RIDE!!!:cheers:

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Hope everyone made it back safely. And now that that's said...

Thanks organizers for ANOTHER KICK ASS RIDE!!!:cheers:
James, Good to have you out again with us. Hope to see you more on more rides to follow.
Here's a few pics from today. I'll add more soon.

DevilsTonic
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Was a great ride! We had an amazing turn out. Thank you to everyone that made it out! We'll have plenty more of those this summer only more twisty!

Thanks to all the n00bs, We had about 30 bikes there and everyone behaved (kinda) and there were no issues whatsoever! This was the largest most responsbile group of people i think i've ever ridden with.

willb003
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
It was good to ride with all, hopefully again soon.

GixxerCarrie
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
I had an awesome time also! Next time I'll be riding my bike!!!!

MTLHD
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM
It was a pleasure meeting and riding with all of you today! Hope to ride with all of you in the near future. Thanks Dutch and to all that put this ride together. It was AWESOME!!!! Take care and as always ride safe.

eg bter
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
Good ride...here are a couple pics.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/zxguy/P3010031.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/zxguy/P3010032.jpg

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM
Great ride too!!
sorry if alittle fast paced for newbies, I think alot of people were just antsy to ride for the first part of the season.
Can anyone say 105 on the 105 without cracking a smile???:slappers:

asp_125
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Good to see all the usual suspects and a few new faces. Sorry didn't get to meet all of ya.

Daniel I see you were doing the posted limit too huh?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Colorado_105.svg/119px-Colorado_105.svg.png

Nice pic from the bridge, Dutch. Thanks for organizing it, LOL despite being nominated I didn't have to lead.

SaShWhO
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
I could not have wished for a more perfect way to start March.
Thank you Ladies and Gents.

asp_125
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 06:30 PM
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/PalmerLk-09/images/dscf1069.jpg

http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/PalmerLk-09/images/dscf1075.jpg

http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/PalmerLk-09/images/dscf1076.jpg

http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/PalmerLk-09/images/dscf1079.jpg

Raptor
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
Another thanks to the organizers! :rock: I had a great time! See you all around next time.

DK74
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys for a fun ride..... Especially those who led/swept the group. See you guys next time.

leadbedr
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for getting this together.
Nice meeting some of you for the first time.
Cant wait for the next one.

SumoWeezle
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:37 PM
Great ride guys and an awesome turn out! couldn't think of a better way to kick off the new season.

I waaas trying to go slow today, just cruisin along with traffic.. How'd I end up leading again anyway? :D

Foolds
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks to All, Great ride! 105 on 105 I have no Idea what you are speaking of! :turtle:

kinome79
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
It was nice meeting some of you today. Seeing these pictures makes me real sorry I didn't get to ride with you. I really hate it when work gets in the way of play :banghead:.

Next time.

Oh yeah, interesting side note, I actually joined your group for about 10 seconds at about 4:30pm when you were coming north on I-25. I was just riding around town, merged onto I-25 North from I think 20th, and sure enough, there was your group, very recognizable by Tonics helmet pigtails. Broke off when I merged onto 70East to head home. So guess I did get to ride with you today, if ever so breifly.

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
It was nice riding with everyone today. Thanks to all who helped in the ride today. I would have been lost without some of you guys and gals out there. Glad that it was such a good turn out and all went well. See you all again soon.

lightspeed
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks to All, Great ride! 105 on 105 I have no Idea what you are speaking of! :turtle:

105=150:scream2:.....these bikes just beg for more. But, I wouldn't really know anything bout that either...

WidowmakerDutch
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM
105=150:scream2:.....these bikes just beg for more. But, I wouldn't really know anything bout that either...

Speed, Please no one in this group does those kind of thingshttp://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/bs_flag.gif

MikeG
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
Not to be a party crasher, but just a nice reminder that this is a PUBLIC forum and whatever is posted on here can be read by anyone!

Aside from that I'm glad everyone had a great ride, i can't wait to get back to it myself!

GrlRdr
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 11:19 PM
All I can say is WOW!! That was quite the turnout! I'm kinda sorry I missed it now. My bike is taking a mini-vaca, as I'm kinda scerred o' her right now after my buddy crashed a couple weeks ago and got pretty banged up. This fear shall pass. Hope you all had fun!!

kemoman
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
Oliver here....It was a totally killer ride. Had a lot of fun. It was great meeting everyone. The visual of all of us going SouthBound I-25 was freekin insane.

200sr20
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Good ride everyone!!!! One hell of a turnout

Think
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Those black R1's look sick.

lightspeed
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
Fantastic pictures guys.

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:46 AM
I have several more pics from yesterday. And I can't wait to do it again. I think we are going to try to do it again soon. Although the next time we get together... AFTER PARTY!!
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/party.gif

Hope to see you all out at Daytona200 @ Hooters on the 6th. BABES:boobies:, BOOZE :drink:and BIKEShttp://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/sportbike.gif... Now that sounds like fun. :rock:

kemoman
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
My family and I would love to host the after party next ride. Keep me in your thoughts.

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
My family and I would love to host the after party next ride. Keep me in your thoughts.;) careful what you wish for!

j/k

It's very kind of you to open your home to the dysfunctional group of degenerates that we call the CSC!

Shall we tentatively plan something for say end of March, beginning of April?

kemoman
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Around April 11th and after works for us. Everyone is totally welcome. We have plenty of room.

asp_125
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
.. The visual of all of us going SouthBound I-25 was freekin insane.

You shoulda seen it from the back! Daniel and I were riding sweep and at one point on C470, where it goes downhill at Ken Caryl, I scan ahead and there's this huge line of bikes for a mile ahead. Funny, I expected the usual split packs of fast, medium and slow groups but we looked like one of them cruiser formations.

Ricky
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Sick ride!!! Thanks everyone. What a great start to the season :p

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:15 PM
It was pretty amazing seeing that many bikes all in formation cruising down the highway. I can't wait to do it again.

Reyven
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
I agree, it was quite a sight to see the two solid lines. It was nice to meet all of you.

asp_125
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I agree, it was quite a sight to see the two solid lines. It was nice to meet all of you.

Glad to see you and your hub come out. Granted some of us ride at a higher pace than you're probably used to, but you guys did fine for your first group ride and setting your own pace. Be sure to look out for our CSC Noob Ride in the spring, there will be many more noobs and a really relaxed pace. BTW insanely pink Ninjette!

blaircsf
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Looks like a great time, and the weather was nice yesterday. Unfortunately my day didn't work out to where I could join you. I'll just have to join the next one.

Sully
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Not to flame here at all since I wasn't on the ride. You mentioned that you are diabetic or someone that was on the ride is/was? I think that perhaps those people should plan ahead next time and bring some type of snack or a drink if this is the case. I have a tank bag and try to remember to bring water, etc. just in case. Just a friendly suggestion for future rides. :)

Try not to let one group ride dissuade you from joining others. There are many different riders and ride leaders out there. The n00b ride is a good example of how the large group gets broken out into many smaller groups of 5-8 people. On the n00b ride, there is no fast, medium or slow. It's a n00b ride and all the groups will be going the speed limit or under.

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
Yep! We do that but it's still nice to stop at a gas station so I can freaking pee in a toilet and not in front of forty people.:piss:
Thanks for the criticism. I'm sorry we couldn't please your need in this ride. As far as the leader of the group being ahead, There were two groups. Yes we may have been a little disorganized as you say. But it seems that everyone else was able to keep up and not have that same problem. Sorry you couldn't drop trou on the side of the road, I know that some need to use the public utilities. If you needed that potty break you should of spoke up to the group leaders or sweepers and said that you needed to break off you should have made the signals that were given at the first post. We would have been more than happy to break off and waited for you to take a rest stop. As far as being diabetic, I would suggest before the ride you let your group leaders again know of your condition so that we can take that and recognize that there may be a medical condition that we are aware of. Without knowing that kind of information we can not guess that you are in need. So again I'm sorry this may deter you from a future ride with a larger group, but try and tell multiple leaders so that we can communicate with everyone.

lightspeed
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'm a noob on here...but I think for 30+ people of all different skill levels in one group it was planned very well. I've been in groups a lot smaller than that where there were accidents...people hurt..tickest etc. There was none of that...and everyone seemed to ride within their limits and very responsibly except for me a few times..lol. But..if I got lost or got a ticket, I blame me...not the group since the group didn't hold my hand while I got my endorsement.

I mean...I think I was with a somewhat average group and there was a complete noob ( who'd been riding less than a year) on a KAW 500 who kept up with us the whole way till we split up on I-25; so I tend to think the group made most who wanted to go fast..comfortable with riding within their limits. And those who wanted to go a little slower..I think had the opportunity to take their time..as I think we stopped at every place people may have gotten lost. The thing I keep in mind is that when any of us goes for a ride..whether it's with a group or by ourselves..we are all adults and should come prepared for each of our individual situations. When I step on my bike (whether for a group ride or by myself)...I know kindegarden time is over..and I don't expect anyone to hold my hand.

Myself..I made sure I attempted to stay with the group that was leading the way(and the leaders kept the speeds very tame)... As far as directions.... I also asked who was going where until I got an answer that made sense to me. Also...I always keep a map (and a gps unit) with me when I'm going on group rides just incase I do get left behind.

Hope to see you on the next ride.....:cheers:

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Finally some constructive criticism!!
I for one appreciate that.

In defense of the two leader bikes, until we reached our destination of Sedalia Rd Sumo and I rode politely and respectfully at speed limit the entire way always aware of the fact that 26 bikes were following us.
We took one unexpected break getting there, which granted was not a opportune spot for a lady rider to relieve herself.
Unfortunately there were no other spots or gas stations between there and the Church at which we regrouped a second time.
From there I totally agree with yamahaMAMA in regards to lack of organization but I think peeps were anxious to actually ride something other than freeway getting here so everybody just blazed on down the road without rhyme or reason other than to ride. Our sweepers, however, made sure that each and every bike was accounted for even at the end of this road...(thank you gentlemen)
I doubt seriously that she was ignored intentionally but rather spoke to or asked someone something to which they did not have the answer for they were probably also lost or clueless.
I also fully agree with Sully about Peoples potential medical issues!!

anyway,

~Barn~
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
It's hard to pull off a big group like that, but it can be done. Nobody is going to flame you here, if those are legit concerns.

The speed thing and the ride preparedness are other issues all together, because you can certainly ride above the limit if that's your deal. Same things with the philosophy of "bring what you need". But at no time should the "Leaders" of a ride ever lose somebody is who is coming along. You should know exactly how many headcount you have, and stop on the here and there, to make sure everybody is accounted for. If that happens, and everybody is there, that's when you have to make a point of getting the attention of somebody who is "in charge" so-to-speak, and voice your concerns.

If you or anybody else got "left behind", then that is somebody's fault up at the front (or rear, possibly.). Probably several people's faults. It shouldn't matter if you have to pull over to the side of the road and take a leak and the leaders are 3 miles ahead of you... You should never ever have to worry that you're being left behind, or that the group is going to "take a turn that they aren't going to wait for everybody", at.

There's lot of things that can go wrong on a ride, and thankfully this sounds like this is the worst of it, so thank goodness. That's a successful ride to me, at least at a certain level! :lol: It also sounds like the ride leaders need to hear you out as well, and make the next one that much better!

EDIT: You ninja'd me, Sash! If you counted to make sure everybody was there, then good on you man. :up:

tl1000riders
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
The ride was ok. At the conoco I asked for directions at 120th and I-25 because the group was large and they wanted people to lead smaller groups. ( I led a group in the noob ride last year) I was told we were going to 105 and nothing further. I for one had no idea where 105 was at. I asked again of the route on the side of the road by the bridge where we stopped. I got nothing again. I told a few people that we were going to use the bathroom, before we could finish the bikes were started and were leaving. We stopped in Sedalia at the church I think. Again I asked for directions and got nothing. (ran to the gas station up the street for a drink and some chewing gum, candy bar maybe 5 minutes) When I got back the group was leaving so I had to hurry. On the route this time the leaders were gone because we had bikes stuck behind cars and other harleys. So once we got passed them the lead group was no where to be seen. We came to a fork in the road and didn't know which way to go. It shouldn't be about keeping up period. The only time we were doing the speed limit we were stuck behind cars and police.

tl1000riders
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
I'm a noob on here...but I think for 30+ people of all different skill levels in one group it was planned very well. I've been in groups a lot smaller than that where there were accidents...people hurt..tickest etc. There was none of that...and everyone seemed to ride within their limits and very responsibly except for me a few times..lol. But..if I got lost or got a ticket, I blame me...not the group since the group didn't hold my hand while I got my endorsement.

I mean...I think I was with a somewhat average group and there was a complete noob ( who'd been riding less than a year) on a KAW 500 who kept up with us the whole way till we split up on I-25; so I tend to think the group made most who wanted to go fast..comfortable with riding within their limits. And those who wanted to go a little slower..I think had the opportunity to take their time..as I think we stopped at every place people may have gotten lost. The thing I keep in mind is that when any of us goes for a ride..whether it's with a group or by ourselves..we are all adults and should come prepared for each of our individual situations. When I step on my bike (whether for a group ride or by myself)...I know kindegarden time is over..and I don't expect anyone to hold my hand.

Myself..I made sure I attempted to stay with the group that was leading the way(and the leaders kept the speeds very tame)... As far as directions.... I also asked who was going where until I got an answer that made sense to me. Also...I always keep a map (and a gps unit) with me when I'm going on group rides just incase I do get left behind.

Hope to see you on the next ride.....:cheers:
A good group ride you don't have to attempt to keep up. Go to the noob rides and see how a ride is organized. I'm capable of keeping up and so is yamahamama. There were 10 bikes behind us that weren't keeping up. I was trying to bridge the gap between you and them, so they didn't get left behind which they were left behind. I was in the back so I know this.. Happy trails:alien:

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
I hate riding in LARGE groups :down:

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Ok I'm not trying to be an ass by any means but I have to say this. I tried to introduce myself to everyone. I never had anyone walk up to me and tell me that they had special need and for those who did come up to me and tell me that they were leaving the group I made other people aware that there were others gone to the store.
Everyone was riding their ride, as all riders should do. If you weren't up in the front of the pack it's ok. You were still with a group. If you were back in a slower group or got stuck behind Harleys or Police.. than we are sorry they were in front of you. I can't help they like to cruise. We did a head count on every stop to insure we had all riders there. If you needed something than you should speak up to the people in front, not the people in front of you.
This was my first group ride that was this large. And yes it was a little confusing because even though everyone wanted to ride we had very few suggestions of where to go. There were several routes that we were going to take, but we tried to think of all the new group riders and took a much more EASY route to follow. Unless you turn off on a dirt road off 105 then yes you might get lost.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy yourself on this ride. Maybe riding in big groups isn't your thing.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Don't take it too personally bro.

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
First of all this was a last minute decision to plan a ride for sunday, there's no way we would've known that it would get this big. As far as the ride pace is concerned. It's not about keeping up, it's about riding at your own pace (see rules and guidelines if there are questions). All of the riders that I had the honor and the privelege of riding with on Sunday were well behaved and rode their own ride and well within their limits. If they were riding outside of their comfort zone, we would've had problems. If you aren't comfortable in a group that big, you're welcome to do your own thing. This is the beautiful thing about living in the US.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/Funny/CSCdrama.jpg

Again, this was just a ride. Not a CSC Sponsored event (such as the St. Patty's Day Parade). As with any kind of gathering of this size there are going to be differences in opinion on how things should or should not be handled. Take it with a grain of salt. It may not have been a good experience for some of you and I'm sorry that it didn't go your way, but there were plenty of other people that we just happy to be on two wheels with the sun in the sky.

Why do some people take such pride in finding misery in the simplest pleasures?

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
+1:applause:

if you hate it why did you come??

R6Blake101
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry I missed the ride...:dunno: Was the ride that bad? I wasnt there, I'm a newbie myself. I'll catch the ride next time:eyebrows:

lightspeed
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
A good group ride you don't have to attempt to keep up. Go to the noob rides and see how a ride is organized. I'm capable of keeping up and so is yamahamama. There were 10 bikes behind us that weren't keeping up. I was trying to bridge the gap between you and them, so they didn't get left behind which they were left behind. I was in the back so I know this.. Happy trails:alien:

It sucks that you guys didn't have as good of a time as some of the other riders. I wasn't a group leader and was kinda in the middle until we headed back.....but at any rate hope it goes better for you guys next time.

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
So i'm wasting my time here but I didn't know who was leading the group. Some guy said hey and had everyone come by where he was and said since we have such a big group we should divide into smaller groups which we never did. It was one big freakin group. I ain't slow I just like to ride in the back when i'm with a bunch of riders i don't know. I could keep up but I had people in front of me that didn't want to pass on a double yellow line and I can't say that I blame them. So we got stuck in the back and had no freakin clue where we were going. But that's okay. I'm not the type of person that's going to tell you that you did a good job when I don't think you did. You didn't do terrible but there was definetly room for improvement. I'm sorry you and everyone with you can't take constructive criticism but I knew this was coming that's why I waited to post how I felt. Large group rides are not my thing unless its the noob rides they do from the MOCO. So peace out bro!

It's all good, Constructive critisism is welcome. Attacking the ride and commenting that we don't know how to do things is another. Nice to meet you, Hope we won't see you on the next one then. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/violin.gif

~Barn~
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Aw! I can't believe you deleted that! That was actually pretty funny.

And jesus Leah... You realize you went to the "that's what's great about America" card.

Overkill much? :lol:

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
It's cool. Were good. Just voicing my opinion on a site I know i'm bound to upset someone. :cry:Suck it up Princess!

Aw! I can't believe you deleted that! That was actually pretty funny.

And jesus Leah... You realize you went to the "that's what's great about America" card.

Overkill much? :lol:I thought that it went well with the theme here.

Sully
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
Did you meet Dutch? Discuss the route, meet up locations and speed with him or the ride leaders ? Exchanged phone numbers ? If I didn't know where I was going, kept being ignored, not waited on at stopping points, or didn't like riding in a big group, I would have opted not to go. Plain and simple.

lightspeed
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/emoticons/violin.gif

:violin::music::music::music::lol:

Sean
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Did you meet Dutch? Discuss the route, meet up locations and speed with him or the ride leaders ? Exchanged phone numbers ? If I didn't know where I was going, kept being ignored, not waited on at stopping points, or didn't like riding in a big group, I would have opted not to go. Plain and simple.Oh come on Sully, this is way beyond bringing in any sort of logic. It's down right bitching/comedic entertainment now :up:

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
[quote=DevilsTonic;416624]Suck it up Princess!

I will! Next time you won't be hugging my hubby.:jerkoff:Oh honey, don't worry about that. I got my own! Some of us are just friendly I hug everyone. Get used to it or go away.

R6Blake101
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Dunno all of you, Y cant we just get along:makeout:

~Barn~
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
Ah, I miss this stuff.... Every ride has good and bad, everybody knows this. The bigger the ride gets, the more potential for... um... differences of opinion. I wasn't there, but it sounds like there was just a simple case of Cool Hand Luke on this ride. I mean it's not like somebody nearly fuckin wiped somebody out with a sketchy pass or something. THOSE are the stories that really get the popcorn popping. This is just about "the little things" for lack of a better cliche. Putting together a ride on a forum is a hard thing to pull off with a 100% approval rating. :lol:

After the fact though, and after everything I'm reading, I have to say that it sucks to hear Dutch say things like "Hope to not see you on the next one" though. I mean, that's not the way we ever want things to go, do we?

It's all good though. That's why I love this club.... The reputations we make for ourselves (for better or worse), are typically well deserved. :lol: Here's to future apres` ride banter!
:cheers:

I'm still jealous of all you bastards!

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
Dunno all of you, Y cant we just get along:makeout:

We were until this stupid shit happened. Some people just need noob rides only.

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Ah, I miss this stuff.... Every ride has good and bad, everybody knows this. The bigger the ride gets, the more potential for... um... differences of opinion. I wasn't there, but it sounds like there was just a simple case of Cool Hand Luke on this ride. I mean it's not like somebody nearly fuckin wiped somebody out with a sketchy pass or something. THOSE are the stories that really get the popcorn popping. This is just about "the little things" for lack of a better cliche. Putting together a ride on a forum is a hard thing to pull off with a 100% approval rating. :lol:

After the fact though, and after everything I'm reading, I have to say that it sucks to hear Dutch say things like "Hope to not see you on the next one" though. I mean, that's not the way we ever want things to go, do we?

It's all good though. That's why I love this club.... The reputations we make for ourselves (for better or worse), are typically well deserved. :lol: Here's to future apres` ride banter!
:cheers:

I'm still jealous of all you bastards!

Hey I tried to take the High road. Until today I thought I had a good ride. So much for trying to pull of a good event

eg bter
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't have mattered to me if we road around in circles. I was just happy to be out and about with my peeps. I had fun... :)

~Barn~
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Did you meet Dutch? Discuss the route, meet up locations and speed with him or the ride leaders ? Exchanged phone numbers ? If I didn't know where I was going, kept being ignored, not waited on at stopping points, or didn't like riding in a big group, I would have opted not to go. Plain and simple.

I'm curious, was Dutch the quote/unquote Leader of this ride, or how did that pan out? When I left the Shell station, I actually saw Daniel gather everybody up for a quick talk. So w/out having read any of this, I woulda given him credit for it. :dunno:

The way you're saying this Sully, it almost assumes that Dutch was the person calling the shots at the front of the pack. If that's the case, did he make it known to everybody that he was "the one to talk to" so-to-speak.

You're asking a lot of good questions Sully, and I can tell that you're not pro-MAMA here, but there's a lot of speculation in what you're writing, too. You might be quick to bail on a ride that isn't holding standard, but maybe it's not so black and white. (?)

Daniel, you out there? What was the scoop? Dutch? Who was calling the plays once you guys got ready to roll?

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Wouldn't have mattered to me if we road around in circles. I was just happy to be out and about we my peeps. I had fun... :)

Thank god someone likes to just be out riding. That's all i planned on. I didn't think it was going to be this big of a group. If I had known. I would have planned it MUCH BETTER and chose my routes better.

Sully
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
Barn - Dutch posted up the ride. He, in a sense is the ride leader/organizer unless he otherwise dictates, yes? I'm not making any speculation here, but if I meet up for a ride, I ask the person who posted/organized the ride questions and get answers before I get on my bike to follow anyone.

I'm not pro anyone here, but do take some responsibility for yourself prior to riding in a group, imo.

lightspeed
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't have mattered to me if we road around in circles. I was just happy to be out and about we my peeps. I had fun... :):applause::yes:

leadbedr
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:21 PM
This was my first ride with CSC.
I think it went well. I didnt know a single person when I got there, but managed to meet all the leaders, and about 10-15 others. They came to me.
But I guess I didnt go on a ride to stop every 30 minutes and eat candy and soda.
So I had fun.

asp_125
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
YamahaMama, I appreciate your comments. It's not always easy to communicate everything to a group of 30 riders. While we do have rides that are more organized and formalized, this was just an impromptu group ride that got a big turnout. Perhaps the takeaway is that we try to be more clear on the expectations next time.

Daniel (Christian Cowboy) and I rode sweep with some noobs and while the front of the group took off down the road; at least one of us stayed back for most of the ride down. I even made sure to stay in their sights until we got to 105 where there was no chance of getting lost. So there was a slower group, I didn't see anyone else drop back so it was only 3 bikes not including the sweeps; I assumed everyone else was doing ok. Anyone who felt the pace was too fast should not feel pressured to keep up and could have dropped back. That's what us tail gunners are for, to make sure the last bike gets to the destination.

I don't recall if it was stressed at the riders meeting, but "ride your own ride" at all times, even in a group. You alone are responsible for your safety and enjoyment.

I'm sorry you did not ask or tell someone at the time, and instead I read it here. I won't speak for the others but if that message did not get across I apologize, please don't let one ride taint your opinion of CSC rides. Sure there are some who would rather ride by themselves and others that aren't cut out for big groups. I won't make that decision for you, but I hope you find the kind of ride that suits your own comfort level.

-Jeff

{ps- I recall at one point there were two Gixxers that faded back into our pack on 105. They seemed to be hanging in ok so I just got out ahead a bit faster and mirror checked every now and then}

R6Blake101
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Now every1 grab a boose and cheers:cheers:

Sully
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
Wouldn't have mattered to me if we road around in circles. I was just happy to be out and about with my peeps. I had fun... :)

:lol:.. Wayne, you are so easy to please :lol:

It was nice to see you on Saturday also :)

~Barn~
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
If I had known. I would have planned it MUCH BETTER and chose my routes better.

I think the way you got everybody rounded up and excited for this ride was epic, Dutch. Don't pan yourself for thinking this was not a success, or not pulling off a sick ride, cause from the sounds of it, it was right there. You said it yourself, you didn't expect that kinda turnout, but hey.... That kinda draw just gives you a few more things to think about the next time you (if you do) decide to put another one together.

If you want to keep it small and intimate the next time, that's all gravy too, it's your prerogative. This thread is a good thing no matter what, because even if you don't put another forum ride together, I guarantee you there's somebody out there reading this, who is going to make theirs better, because of you. And because of MAMA. :yes:

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
My apologies if I offended you.

You did not offend me by your comments, I do take offense to the fact you say the leaders didn't wait for you. I was not one of the leaders. In fact i was in the second group with a lot of the other riders.
I just posted the ride. I did not know the 105 route either so I would have been lost too if I didn't keep up with the group. That's why I assigned someone that knew the route.

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm curious, was Dutch the quote/unquote Leader of this ride, or how did that pan out? When I left the Shell station, I actually saw Daniel gather everybody up for a quick talk. So w/out having read any of this, I woulda given him credit for it. :dunno:

The way you're saying this Sully, it almost assumes that Dutch was the person calling the shots at the front of the pack. If that's the case, did he make it known to everybody that he was "the one to talk to" so-to-speak.

You're asking a lot of good questions Sully, and I can tell that you're not pro-MAMA here, but there's a lot of speculation in what you're writing, too. You might be quick to bail on a ride that isn't holding standard, but maybe it's not so black and white. (?)

Daniel, you out there? What was the scoop? Dutch? Who was calling the plays once you guys got ready to roll?Dutch only posted the thread to gather some people for a ride.

Daniel called everyone over to give the pre-ride lecture and Sascha and Sumo led the massive group down to 105 at a VERRRRY polite pace I might add. Once we got to 105 the faster riders did their thing, some of us got stuck behind some traffic, but that was easily remedied. At the end of 105 we all stopped until all the bikes showed. Dutch did count the bikes at every stop to make sure that we didn't miss someone.

As far as I'm concerned (and this my unbiased opinion) it was handled very well considering how quickly it snowballed. Myself and the majority of the other riders enjoyed the day.

R6Blake101
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
And again have some more boose, cheers:cheers:

WidowmakerDutch
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
I think the way you got everybody rounded up and excited for this ride was epic, Dutch. Don't pan yourself for thinking this was not a success, or not pulling off a sick ride, cause from the sounds of it, it was right there. You said it yourself, you didn't expect that kinda turnout, but hey.... That kinda draw just gives you a few more things to think about the next time you (if you do) decide to put another one together.

If you want to keep it small and intimate the next time, that's all gravy too, it's your prerogative. This thread is a good thing no matter what, because even if you don't put another ride together, I guarantee you there's somebody out there reading this, who is going to make theirs better, because of you. And because of MAMA. :yes:

Yeah I think I'm done posting a thread to have riders meet. I'll stick to what I know.

200sr20
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
lol...looks like I missed all the action

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
[ I mean it was about twenty miles above the speed limit and sometimes more at times.

WTF??
you need to get a speedo healer lady!!!

lightspeed
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if we had any LEO's along for the ride...:think:

WidowmakerDutch
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Glad everyone had a good time still. To all the new riders that showed up, Thanks you all for making it out. It was a pleasure riding with each and every one of you.
Thanks for pointing out your concerns. Next time I post up that we have a group ride like this I will plan it out MUCH better to accompany everyones needs. I will insure that there is a Designated LEADER and a few different SWEEPERS as well so that we can insure that there are several groups of riders. We will split the group into Experienced, Intermediate riders and New Riders so that the more experienced riders may ride their ride and not have to worry about lagging back with someone less experienced in a group setting.
I will also plan a designated route with a few stops along the way rather than just winging it at the last minute. I did not mean to offend anyone and spoke out rather harsh on a few peoples criticisms.
I hope that the minor things in this post doesn't deter any other riders from joining us again. The more the merrier and we are all here to ride otherwise we would not be part of the CSC.

mtnairlover
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
maybe there is some where on the forum that has guidleline's for our Group rides or suggustions from our admin. people??? BOB, any help?

Here ya go Daniel and anyone else interested...http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/rules.html (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/../club/rules.html) This link is on the CSC home page under "Club Stuff: Rules and signals".

We see this happen every year right as the weather is beginning to perk up and especially with newer people to the club. It's ok ya know...to have an opinion and to air differences. That's how we all become more aware riders.

Anyway, there's another really good read here...http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/flashback/122_0911_the_pace_nick_ienatsch/index.html Some of you may have read this before. It's called "The Pace". I ride based on this style. It's something I recommend to people before we do the yearly n00b ride. It gets people thinking.

WidowmakerDutch
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Here ya go Daniel and anyone else interested...http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/rules.html (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/../club/rules.html) This link is on the CSC home page under "Club Stuff: Rules and signals".

We see this happen every year right as the weather is beginning to perk up and especially with newer people to the club. It's ok ya know...to have an opinion and to air differences. That's how we all become more aware riders.

Anyway, there's another really good read here...http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/flashback/122_0911_the_pace_nick_ienatsch/index.html Some of you may have read this before. It's called "The Pace". I ride based on this style. It's something I recommend to people before we do the yearly n00b ride. It gets people thinking.

Great info to have posted. In the very First post on this Thread, I posted the rules of group riding. So hopefully others see this and use it to it's advantange. Thanks for the info.

UnoMOTO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:59 AM
man...I really missed out on this one

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
man...I really missed out on this one

if that's you in your AV we're all sorry you missed the ride too:(

asp_125
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Without belaboring the point much more, I think the key is communication from both sides; organizers and participants alike. Leaders, don't expect everyone to know the stops and route plans, nor assume everyone on your ride is of equal ability. Riders don't assume the leaders know your skill level or riding style. Before the rides come introduce yourselves and talk with us. Miscommunication results in riders getting lost or not enjoying themselves. In the extreme it raises the potential of a newbie trying to keep up (even after being told not to) and riding over their limit, which can have serious consequences.

I look forward to a safe and fun season on more group rides, big or small. I'm even going to help on the noob ride(s?) and lead a few of my own with the northies. Give us the chance to show you how great this club is. Stay safe and see you out there on two.

kemoman
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Well if you do stop posting killer rides Dutch, message me cause I freekin loved the ride and want to be included in more. Plus I would like to host the next big or small ride after party dude.

Holy Roller Sunday Rocked.:)

asp_125
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
Well if you stop posting killer rides Dutch please at least hopefully message me cause I freekin loved the ride and want to be included in more. Plus I want to host the next big or small ride after party dude.

Holly Roller Sunday Rocked no matter what anyone says.:)

If you like sunday, just wait till the mountain roads clear up!

DevilsTonic
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
if that's you in your AV we're all sorry you missed the ride too:(Pimp! :hump:

Sully
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
:lol:... No, he's a dude !!

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
dayumn!

Sully
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
ewwwww.. my eyes!!!!!

UnoMOTO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
See what happens when I come out of hibernation.

We get man tits….I’ll go back to my cave and sleep it off.

DevilsTonic
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Anyone have a brillo pad I can borrow to scour my eyes out of my head? Jesus that pic left a filthy taste in my mouth! Kinda fuzzy like gnawing on a piece of flint.

:puke:

GixxerCarrie
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
lmao Sash...

asp_125
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Moobs! Get it away, get it away!!

UnoMOTO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
More of Denise and less of that guy is a good thing.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6704/9ees3n1swq.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=9ees3n1swq.jpg)

Your welcome

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
who is Denise and where is she at?:yumyum:

UnoMOTO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
She is the hottest chick you will ever google that you can't find naked.

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
"can't" does not exist for me.

~Barn~
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6704/9ees3n1swq.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=9ees3n1swq.jpg)

Good.
God.

UnoMOTO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
"can't" does not exist for me.

In that case...Denise Milani

and a PM when you find what WE all are looking for.

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:00 AM
consider it done!!!

Ceez
Tue Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Holy Chit Meng, I am away for one weekend and I miss all the shenanigans. Besides some lil misunderstandings, I am glad everyone had a safe ride out.
I, on the other hand, was cruising up PCH this weekend...Pics will be posted later. Good to see all of you trouble makers out in force.

...and please...post more pics of Denise!!