PDA

View Full Version : What is there to do in Newport News?

Devaclis
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Going to be there Sunday - Weds next week. Staying at the Omni. I will have my evenings free. Any suggestions?

Horsman
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Don't Do It....

MetaLord 9
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Drink...heavily.

Filo
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Well, every town has its prostitutes. You could try those.

Or this: http://www.newport-news.org/ . There is a link called "Things to do", but no link called "People to do", so I couldn't find good prostitute information for you. I would try looking for women with no teeth - Wyoming tourism tells me those are Meth Hos.

If I were going, I would go out to Virginia Beach to go surfing or swimming. Also, if you have never seen it, you can drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. It is route 13 North from around Norfolk. It is very weird to come out of a tunnel and be in the middle of the ocean essentially. You end up on the south end of the Delmarva peninsula, which is very scenic. You can get crabs there too. And not the kind you will get with the meth hos either.

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Well regardless of what ya do, you'll have to get some purrrdy pictures for us. Have fun!!

Devaclis
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I will have pics :)

I am gonna be a slave for 12 hours a day but after that I am free to explore.

dallas
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Go see the Nautilus, but don't stay too long because the reactor is still hot as hell, and it was built before they were really concerned about sheilding themself from nuclear zoomies.

dm_gsxr
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 01:26 PM
You can go visit my brother. He's a tiny bit farther north. Unfortunately none of the amusement parks are open or I'd suggest heading up to King's Dominion or over to Busch Gardens. You can ride over to the Blue Ridge Parkway depending on how long you're out there.

Carl

dirkterrell
Fri Feb 27th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I haven't been there in 30 years or so. But when I was there visiting with my dad (who was there working at the nuclear plant) in the summer of 1980, I walked to the NASA center (Langley) one day in Hampton and it was pretty cool. I also went wandering around the Air Force base. I was walking beside the runways as F-16s were coming in. A couple MPs in a Jeep picked me up and after chatting with them a bit, they showed me some of the cool things on the base rather than the jail. Security was a little more lax back then and I was a lot more naive. :)

Dirk