PDA

View Full Version : SICK riding weather tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday

Think
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Who's down to tear some shiet up?

PsychoMike
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
im quite possibly may be down.

mtnairlover
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hey Greg, I might be out and about...gotta lunch date with my son and one of my girls, but might be out around 1. Send a text and let me know where you're at if you get out there. If not, just remember, there's still gravel up in them thar hills...so be careful.

Oh, I was up there today (by car). Hwy34 has gravel in shady spots and it's thickest in that long passing lane half way up to Estes. Hwy7 up at the top by Estes where it's coldest is also littered here and there with gravel in the middle of the road. Other than that, the powdery mag chloride is disappearing on the smooth part of hwy7 as you begin to come down.

Other than that...I haven't been on any other roads recently.

REV'IT!
Sat Feb 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM
count me in. where too?

Think
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 02:03 AM
Cath, somehow I still don't have your number. But I have no idea where I'll be riding tomorrow but I'll definitely be out. My number is 703-593-6107. Text me if any of you are going out.

DevilsTonic
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 06:05 AM
You can come down and meet a gaggle of us at Conoco on I-25 and 120th....or if we decide to take 34 we could meet you in loveland somewhere.

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:07 AM
Cath, somehow I still don't have your number. But I have no idea where I'll be riding tomorrow but I'll definitely be out. My number is 703-593-6107. Text me if any of you are going out.

I'll do that, Greg. Like I said, if I don't see ya, then enjoy and be safe.

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Someone please help me find someone to mount my front tire. I got it yesterday but need it mounted...that way I can ride today

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:32 AM
Wish I knew who could do that on a Sunday, or Monday...but I don't. Unless you live way down in the South area of Denver. I know someone down there. I need to get me some new shoes, too...gotta figure out how to get my bike to a shop during the week.

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:35 AM
Wish I knew who could do that on a Sunday, or Monday...but I don't. Unless you live way down in the South area of Denver. I know someone down there. I need to get me some new shoes, too...gotta figure out how to get my bike to a shop during the week.
What shop you taken it to, I always have monday and tuesdays off. I can get with someone to fallow me to the shop on your bike and they can pick me up. I might to hitch a ride with Mike and go to 303 cycles this week.

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:40 AM
Wow...you think I woulda thunk about that. Thanks, Chad. I'll give ya a call later on and let you know. I've been going down to RMK, but to be honest, I'm not looking forward to paying their arm and a leg costs. I'm thinking about checking out MotoAdventure, but I'll have to wait until Tuesday to talk with them.

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Wow...you think I woulda thunk about that. Thanks, Chad. I'll give ya a call later on and let you know. I've been going down to RMK, but to be honest, I'm not looking forward to paying their arm and a leg costs. I'm thinking about checking out MotoAdventure, but I'll have to wait until Tuesday to talk with them.
just let a brotha know

MRA 32
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
I can get it mounted for you today Chad! My friend Mike has a machine to mount and balance tires here in Greeley. Call me 970-397-5182.
He is reasonible on price to mount as well.

MRA 32
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM
A bunch of us Greeley guys will be out and about on Sunday afternoon, interested in catching up with us? call me at 970-397-5182

Jeff

Nimijneb
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM
Is everyone meeting somewhere? Id love to join. Ive been out the last few weeks by myself but today seems great for a group ride. Ill keep checking back.

Think
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Anyone still here? If I don't see anything else on here between now and 1ish I'm just hitting up Horsetooth and maybe head up to Estes.

Nimijneb
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Im down, when and where!?

Think
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 12:24 PM
Well sag gets off work at 1:30 so we'll probably head out around 2ish. Meet up place TBD.

Nimijneb
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Sounds good. Call or text so I don't have to keep checking here.

Ben
970-690-3469

Think
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 01:18 PM
Meeting at U Pump It at Prospect and Overland at 2PM.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 04:27 PM
What shop you taken it to, I always have monday and tuesdays off. I can get with someone to fallow me to the shop on your bike and they can pick me up. I might to hitch a ride with Mike and go to 303 cycles this week.
Hey Chad, get a hold of my buddy frank2. If you can bring the rim and tire, throw him a couple $$ and he said he'd do it. Go ahead and PM him, during the week he gets home after work at 3PM.

Frank

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM
Hey Greg, it was great seeing you and the guys in Lyons. I almost wasn't gonna stop in Lyons, but I needed gas and like I said, I wasn't real sure about going up, but thanks for turning around. I enjoyed 7 all the more.

Here's what I was doing in Boulder...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/greenmountaincemetery1.jpg

Visiting my grandmother and brother.

Good meeting Scott and Ben, too. :)

See you guys on another nice day.

Nimijneb
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:37 PM
Nice ride today guys. I pushed myself further then ever before to keep up with you guys. Thanks!

OUTLAWD
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:42 PM
must have just missed you guys. I went for a quick blast around horsetooth/27/etc after I got my brakes buttoned back up. a bit sandy in places, but not too bad considering.

honda919
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Chad your gay.. We should of went out today while i was at your pad.. homo

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM
I can get it mounted for you today Chad! My friend Mike has a machine to mount and balance tires here in Greeley. Call me 970-397-5182.
He is reasonible on price to mount as well.
I just got the post, sorry and thanks for the offer. I did get the tire mounted but I will take a rain check on the ride. We will have to hook up when you guys head this way next. Thanks again

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM
Hey Chad, get a hold of my buddy frank2. If you can bring the rim and tire, throw him a couple $$ and he said he'd do it. Go ahead and PM him, during the week he gets home after work at 3PM.

Frank
thanks Frank I will remember that for the rear tire. thanks

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM
Chad your gay.. We should of went out today while i was at your pad.. homo
And you didnt say anything, so that makes you gayer. Take tomorrow off and lets go for a ride, or even hit the track. it is suppost to be 70

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah, yeah...all talk and no action...I see how it is. ;-p

Missed you guys...but, I still had a good day...and I got to meet a couple of other Northies.

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry I did ride with you Cathy. I got the tire done, then picked up Mike and went down to IMI to watch the action. Then got home watched wsbk with James. Buy then I was tired and it was getting colder........ I can go on all day with the excuses

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:17 PM
I can go on all day with the....

So can I...:hump:...woohoo!:eyebrows:

Hell, we ain't even into Spring yet. There's plenty more days to have a good time riding.

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
Hell, we ain't even into Spring yet. There's plenty more days to have a good time riding.
OH that is SOOOOOOOOO true. We are just getting started in many mannny o miles of fun... I cant wait

Think
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM
I'll be out tomorrow. Done with class at 9 and have a breakfast date but after that I'm riding.

Cathy and Ben, great riding with you guys today. Glad we were able to meet up. Following your lines up 7 was a blast. Some of the most fun I've ever had on my bike. Had some pucker moments with the sand but that was half the fun. Cath, I can't even imagine what your pace is on 7 when you're railing.

Chad, if you're going to be up North tomorrow you best call or text.

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ummm...pace is all relative. :oops:

Stay off of the tight winding roads during the winter and spring and stick to roads that get a lot of sun and you will avoid the heavy gravel. :)

chad23
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM
hell Cathy only rides the speed limit, I know I ride that same limit too. And Think I will let you know what i do, call me when you get out of class

OUTLAWD
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:49 AM
I'll be out somewhere...finally got all the slippery shit off the new tires. I'm guessing lower 7 wasn't too bad by the sounds of it?

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
I'll be out somewhere...finally got all the slippery shit off the new tires. I'm guessing lower 7 wasn't too bad by the sounds of it?Lower 7 is in great condition, we went up there a week ago.

chad23
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
we went slow compared to the conditions, If I knew how nice it was that day the ride would have nicER.
Upper 7 sucked ....BAD

asp_125
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:40 PM
I just walked back into the office from the construction trailers.. man is it ever warm out. Did anyone get a chance to ride today? If you did, I am jealousy. (as I walk past my SV in the parking lot... sigh)

OUTLAWD
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
yeah...i took the day off to ride...hit up 34 to estes, then 36 and the lower part of 7. 34 was iffy in spots, but for the most part clean, and the wind up in estes was brutal in spots. Passed a few guys on 36 that I turned around and followed for a bit.

These new pilot powers are awesome, I can't wait til its really warm, and the roads are clear to really see what they can take.

asp_125
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Nice! Why don't you submit that pic for the March bike of the month?

Think
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
I rode around Horsetooth for a bit. For some reason I just wasn't feeling it today. Got a few pics I might put in the running for the calendar but I don't know.

TMP
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
I was up 7 on Sunday afternoon and there were Big Horn Sheep in the road that had stopped traffic in both directions. Watch out for wildlife when the weather is unseasonably warm like this.