PDA

View Full Version : Car help

Fly boy
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM
Trying to get some real information on cars. Looking for actual MPG for them rather then what the sticker says.

Audi A4 2004ish
Volvo T5 or T5 awd
mazda speed6 awd
mazda speed3
mazda cx-7
murano
Rogue
lexus rx 300/330

If you have any info on any of these cars I would appriciate the help. They all seem to be around 21 city and I don't believe that. Thanks in advance.

green_zx7r
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM
Avoid the Volvo!!! :) Seriously, I had the V70R and I know a guy who has a red T5. If you really want one, just make sure you know how to wrench them and get parts for free. Not the most reliable.

Murano actually gets about 20-21 mpg on average for me. Love the Murano but every one and their dogs have one.

Good luck!

Fly boy
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Avoid the Volvo!!! :) Seriously, I had the V70R and I know a guy who has a red T5. If you really want one, just make sure you know how to wrench them and get parts for free. Not the most reliable.

Good luck!

Damn and that was my number 1 choice. I thought volvo was supposed to be reliable and safe?

Speedwagon
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM
You should take a look at some of the online MPG trackers out there. Lots of people put in their info on the cars they own, and much of the MPG stuff is public on them. That should get you started. I use mymilemarker.com myself, because it has a mobile version(so I can input it at the station via my phone).

Devaclis
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Consumer reports will get you the information you need.

Fly boy
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Consumer reports will get you the information you need.

I am read the Car and driver reports and keep getting low mpg compared to what people are actually getting.

DFab
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
I got 23 in my speed3. I think I could do 25 or 26. I've only had it 3 weeks so I don't know what it'll average.