PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting (car) in Colorado Springs????

Priller_Nate
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM
I'm looking for an inexpensive AND reputable shop to do the window tinting on a new vehicle here in Colorado Springs. Can anyone recommend a place? Looking to stay legal. I was thinking maybe Car Toys but have no idea of their talents or lack there of with tint jobs. Any insight into them or others? Thanks!

spdr8cr02
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 03:44 PM
colorado springs window tint just off of 8th... very good and best price I could find.

Tipys
Sun Mar 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM
RM window tint off of 8th and motor city dr

y_merkle
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
I'm with Trevor on this one. They have always treated me good.

navajowalks
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:59 PM

i belive they have a location up north also, like dublin and vincent

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
If you think it's worth driving, I have a friend that does it (has worked in a tint shop for 3 years before this) out of his garage up in Golden. He did my car (Subaru Impreza - 4 windows plus the back) for $140. Any % tint you want. Does and awesome job and has a lifetime warranty for the work for as long as you own the car. I can give you a link if you're interested in seeing some of the work he's done, and he's done a lot.

~Barn~
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
I have an appointment on Saturday to have mine done. It's at a place called Eclipse Tinting, and yeah... It's not in Da Springs, but if the works is done really well, it might be worth the trip. (?)

I'll post up more thoughts after it's completed. :up:

Priller_Nate
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I actually called and went to RM but I wasn't thrilled with the attitude with the office chick and the tint they tried to make me take for matching another competitors price. So I left.

I went with "A Touch of Shade" over on Austin bluffs (right behind Fazolis restaurant). The people were super cool and matched a competitors price without attitude and I got the tint I wanted. The tint job was fantastic. I definitely recommend them.

Igor
Sat Mar 7th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I've done 3 of my own cars and did a damn good job after totally mucking the first couple tries...

Rear windows with a compound curve are a little more involved but a heat gun, patience, and quality tint will make it perfect. For most people, $140 is well worth it for a quality tint job.