PDA

View Full Version : The Cereal Killers ROCK Hope on the Slopes

rybo
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to put a big thank you out here for everyone who participated in, contributed to and worked hard to make our bid at Hope On the Slopes a huge success.

The day couldn't have been better! Sun and decent snow all day from the gods of weather, chipper moods for all of our participants and an outstanding group of volunteers, donors, and sponsors all came together to make this one of the most successful events in recent ACS history.

Insiders at the American Cancer Society report that the goal for this event was just over $20,000. With your help and contributions we totaled well over $40,000 blowing the goal out of the water! Team Cereal Killers was responsible for over 1/8th of the total fundraising effort. With roughly 200 participants we made up 7% of those skiing and contributing at the event, but raised almost 13% of the money. Thank you, and congratulations!

We also had a number of high achievers in our group in terms of the skiing competition. Due to some errors in the original tracking our team wasn't fully recognized for it's achievements in this area.

Lauren Lowe killed the entire field with vertical feet skied. She was the overall champion beating her husband, Crash, by about 1000 vertical feet!

Crash was second overall and the top male at the event!

Natalie Sinton was in the rankings as well as the 2nd or 3rd place overall woman!

Jon Atwood was the 3rd place individual fundraiser for the event and our team, The Cereal Killers, was the top fundraising team by a very wide margin!

While these people are individually recognized for their achievements the success of events like these count on a lot of people participating and doing their part. Every member of our team raised at least $200 to participate and I want to thank all of you for your work.

Scott
Fearless Leader
The Cereal Killers!

Sully
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:13 AM
:applause: Good times. Thanks Scott for setting this up. You ROCK ! :rock:

bummer about the gps tracking :(

nattynoo
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Glad to have participated!!! Had a blast while helping a great cause :D

Lets do it again next year for sure and double what we raised this year!!!

Matty
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
Next year for sure!!!

Sean
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
:applause:
Thanks for putting this together Rybo :up: It was a blast! Without reservation, I can say that I was really proud to be a part of this team :hump: Also, you forgot to mention the less known catagory of "best pink bra on a man," which I kicked ass in!

~Barn~
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Congrats you guys. Way to Rep.
:up:

Sortarican
Mon Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for putting this together Scott.
It was loads of fun.:)