PDA

View Full Version : Freedom ranked states

Shea
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.statepolicyindex.com/?page_id=143

Yay Colorado. Though scraping the spending provisions for TABOR might shift us down a few notches.

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
http://www.statepolicyindex.com/?page_id=143

Yay Colorado.

Interesting. Although the trend lately is heading in the wrong direction.

Dirk

Shea
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Interesting. Although the trend lately is heading in the wrong direction.

Dirk

Think the trend has been headed in that direction for some time my friend.

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Think the trend has been headed in that direction for some time my friend.

It cracks me up how they are always trotting out this argument about the "ratchet effect" of TABOR. Yeah, I see how it works but all they have to do is put a vote to the people when it happens if they want more money. If it's truly needed and they make a good case for it, the vote will carry. TABOR is the best defense against the economic Californication of a state I have ever seen.

Dirk

Shea
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 10:13 AM
It cracks me up how they are always trotting out this argument about the "ratchet effect" of TABOR. Yeah, I see how it works but all they have to do is put a vote to the people when it happens if they want more money. If it's truly needed and they make a good case for it, the vote will carry. TABOR is the best defense against the economic Californication of a state I have ever seen.

Dirk

Preaching to the choir brother. How is it that government can NEVER do without less? Budgets ALWAYS have to increase even if the citizens have to suffer. Crazy.

T-10 before Matty complains about your use of the word "Californication" :)

Jason ON
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I too am a supporter of TABOR. It does exactly what it's meant to do -- limit government spending. Sure, when the economy goes south, the availability of funds goes down, and the government has to build back up over subsequent years, but it prevents borrowing and carrying a state deficit. If the state would only learn to spend more wisely ...