PDA

View Full Version : How do you browse for new/interesting conversations or posts on CSC?

rforsythe
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I'm kicking around collapsing a select number of forums on the main index page to reduce the overall size. None of the forums would disappear, but they would be more like the Dirt forum for example, where it has sub-forums. One of the places I'm considering this is regional, so basically the forums would just be a collapsed list taking up 1/5th the screen space.

The only real downside, is that if you check for convo's by looking on the right side at the newest post info, it'd show the newest post for the entire group once collapsed (so the newest post in all regional, not just each forum separately).

The other way to look for new posts is just to click on the 'New Posts' link at the top of every page, and see who's talking about what.

So before I do anything, I want to get feedback on the idea, and also find out how many of you find threads by the New Posts page, versus just scrolling the index repeatedly looking for something interesting.

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:41 AM
The other way to look for new posts is just to click on the 'New Posts' link at the top of every page, and see who's talking about what.

Dirk

Filo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
In the 4+ years I have been on here I have yet to see an interesting conversation. I think it has to do with the "no boobies" policy. You know what they say "No boobies, no peace. Know boobies, know peace."

Devaclis
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM

teamhypoxia
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Additionally, the "new posts" on this site seems to work differently than other forums I frequent. It's associated with a time limit or something? Other forums will show all unread posts in order of posting. I prefer that for what it's worth (not much)

salsashark
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM

If I'm looking for something specific (like info in the Dirt section), I'll go there and search within the sub forums.

Devaclis
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Just get rid of the Southie Forums and the Girls Only forums. No one goes to either one of them anyway.

64BonnieLass
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Haha, Adam...only you.

And Ralph your eyeball is freekin me out.

Raptor
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I check the specific forums for new stuff. I'm not really dramatically partial to one method over the other though. Whatever works. :dunno:

rforsythe
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:48 AM
In the 4+ years I have been on here I have yet to see an interesting conversation. I think it has to do with the "no boobies" policy. You know what they say "No boobies, no peace. Know boobies, know peace."

Fair enough.

Devaclis
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:48 AM
mmmm bewb

Tipys
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hey dana that's just mean everyone loves us southies. And soco is by far the greatest.

Newpost

LambeauXLIV
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Snowman
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM
And of course the ability to filter out specific threads to prevent a listed set of people from posting in them.

You know like any thread with the words Global Warming or Gun Control in it, wouldn’t allow people like me and The Black Knight to post in the same thread.

dallas
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Just get rid of the Southie Forums and the Girls Only forums. No one goes to either one of them anyway.
Don't get rid of the Southie Forums. I have finally found a place where people like me can be ourselves.

Just because all our houses are on wheels doesn't mean we will go silently................mostly because of the glass pack exhausts on our pick-ups........

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Hey now! Just because you CAN'T doesn't mean that we don't!!! LOL

Devaclis
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:13 PM
There have been 2 new threads started in the girls only forums in the past 8 years. LOL :)

BIOTH of them could have just as easily been posted in General. The fact that men can see them but cannot post in them is useless. oooooh, top secret stuff. NO, don't let guys ruin our threads!!! Well, that can be said for any thread here right? WHY does there need to be.....fuckit. NVMD.

salsashark
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:27 PM
There have been 2 new threads started in the girls only forums in the past 8 years. LOL :)

BIOTH of them could have just as easily been posted in General. The fact that men can see them but cannot post in them is useless. oooooh, top secret stuff. NO, don't let guys ruin our threads!!! Well, that can be said for any thread here right? WHY does there need to be.....fuckit. NVMD.

Would you rather it be a secret area that you can't see or post in... say like a hidden "palace" of sorts?

viva la Brizz

puckstr
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:29 PM
there is a new posts link?

Devaclis
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Would you rather it be a secret area that you can't see or post in... say like a hidden "palace" of sorts?

viva la Brizz

Yeah, let's have one of those!!! At lease there were boobs!

I think a GIrls ONLY forum should be only pics of girls and the SOUTHIES forums should be Matt Damon and Benn Whofleck!

rybo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Fair enough.

The ACLU is filing suit against you for unfair bias towards the blue footed boobie and failure to recognize the red footed boobie.

The Black Knight
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
You know like any thread with the words Global Warming or Gun Control in it, wouldn’t allow people like me and The Black Knight to post in the same thread.
Now how come?? I thought we were getting along just capital :)

Filo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Now how come?? I thought we were getting along just like capital punishment :)

Fixed it for you. I am soooooooo funny.

dm_gsxr
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 08:16 PM
For how often I check, clicking "New Posts" gives me all the new posts and occasionally runs into two pages if I get stuck in a meeting or something :)

Can't folk just collapse the sections themselves?

Carl

konichd
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I just search for recent post by ~Barn~ and that seems to be the ticket :dunno:

Snowman
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Now how come?? I thought we were getting along just capital :)
I think that’s what is scaring them…

Jason ON
Thu Mar 5th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Am I the only one who goes through each section individually?