PDA

View Full Version : A product for you paranoid gun owners

Filo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Paranoid as in "Some one will break into my house and rape my kitten" not paranoid like "Obama is going to take my guns and turn me gay".

http://www.the-backup.com/

Just don't sleep with your hand hanging over the side.

RajunCajun
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
It's funny how fast paranoid turns to "oh my God, your were right!!" when you are the kitten getting raped....

salsashark
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
mehhh... mine's close enough.

~Barn~
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Ha! Nice new avatar, Adam.

TFOGGuys
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I don't need a pair, one noid is sufficient....

http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/noid2.gif

Panman06
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I can reach my 12ga and .45 much faster than that setup. My kitty is safe:D

9 rounds of 00buck and 8 rounds of .45

Filo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:22 PM
It's funny how fast paranoid turns to "oh my God, your were right!!" when you are the kitten getting raped....

Total murders in 2007 (including gang bangers, spousal, etc - couldn't find home invasion broken out separately) - 16500 or so, lets call home invasion 10% or 1650.
Total skin cancer deaths - 8400
Total pancreas cancer - 38000
Total deaths in car accidents - 41000
Total smoking related deaths - 438000

I just don't see it as a big problem. Scary, yes. Big, no. How many people who buy this smoke, drink and drive, ride without a helmet, drive without a seat belt, speed, tailgate, get sun burns, etc? I think it is just a Robert DiNero in Taxi Driver kind of appeal. Plus, my kitten is a slut. He would probably grab the guy and make him do it again, but this time with feeling.

Oh, and we are living in the #3 state for lightning related deaths!!!!! I can sell you a wooden umbrella for only $49.99 that I guarantee (money back only) will prevent a lightning strike.

Filo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:23 PM

I don't know where that came from. I blame Ralph.

puckstr
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I prefer the Poostick
http://www.nucleic-afterparty.com/ms/poostick.jpg

well and an AK47

Bueller
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 04:22 PM

I don't know where that came from. I blame Ralph.
Did you rape that booby at gun point?

rybo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I like the disclaimer at the end of the commercial

"the backup is not intended for use by children"

RajunCajun
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Total murders in 2007 (including gang bangers, spousal, etc - couldn't find home invasion broken out separately) - 16500 or so, lets call home invasion 10% or 1650.
Total skin cancer deaths - 8400
Total pancreas cancer - 38000
Total deaths in car accidents - 41000
Total smoking related deaths - 438000

I just don't see it as a big problem. Scary, yes. Big, no. How many people who buy this smoke, drink and drive, ride without a helmet, drive without a seat belt, speed, tailgate, get sun burns, etc? I think it is just a Robert DiNero in Taxi Driver kind of appeal. Plus, my kitten is a slut. He would probably grab the guy and make him do it again, but this time with feeling.

Oh, and we are living in the #3 state for lightning related deaths!!!!! I can sell you a wooden umbrella for only $49.99 that I guarantee (money back only) will prevent a lightning strike.

"Scary, yes. Big, no" That's the most ignorant comment I've seen on this site since I joined!! 16,500 people dead, and that's not a big problem!! Maybe you should talk to their friends and families and see how BIG a deal their murders were! That's cool, I'll be the one laughing when you are # 16,501, while I'm cleaning my gun, and then I guess we'll see if it's a bigger deal! Oh, and I wouldn't wish you any harm, of course! It was just a figure of speech.

Desmodromico
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 04:59 PM
My dog always jumps up on the side of the bed in the morning, this seems like a surefire way for her to blow my kneecaps off....

Filo
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 05:06 PM
"Scary, yes. Big, no" That's the most ignorant comment I've seen on this site since I joined!!16,500 people dead, and that's not a big problem!!
You need to read the site more. There are lots more ignorant comments out there.BTW, 16500 is 0.005% of the population. However, if you want fewer numbers of murders, you can always ban all guns. Our gun homicide rate was 3.72/100000 in 1999. Ireland (with much more restrictive gun laws) was 0.03/100000. I am sure that is exactly where you wanted this to go, right?

Maybe you should talk to their friends and families and see how BIG a deal their murders were! That's cool, I'll be the one laughing when you are # 16,501, while I'm cleaning my gun, and then I guess we'll see if it's a bigger deal! Oh, and I wouldn't wish you any harm, of course! It was just a figure of speech.
I didn't say anything about owning a gun. I just said it was a scare tactic to buy a stupid product. You have no knowledge of how many guns I own, nor will I post that information on a public forum. Also, it is 16500 people murdered by all means in all places. Home invasions are probably 1% - that is 165 people. My point is that is an insignificantly small number compared to other threats that are around us. You are also assuming I have no friends or family members who have been murdered, which is not true. Way to go.
Good use of multiple exclamation points to make your point; as well as the hope that I am a murder victim. Way to use irony to such good effect.
By all means, spend your $40 on that fine product. I am sure you will feel safer.

Jim_Vess
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I'll just stick with the Claymore mines at the front door.

As long as I remember to step over the trip wire on the way out the door in the morning, I'm golden.

"Front Toward Enemy" baby. :up:

Bueller
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM
"Scary, yes. Big, no" That's the most ignorant comment I've seen on this site since I joined!! 16,500 people dead, and that's not a big problem!! Maybe you should talk to their friends and families and see how BIG a deal their murders were! That's cool, I'll be the one laughing when you are # 16,501, while I'm cleaning my gun, and then I guess we'll see if it's a bigger deal! Oh, and I wouldn't wish you any harm, of course! It was just a figure of speech.
Rage much? Oh nevermind, I get it.

RajunCajun
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 06:36 PM
You need to read the site more. There are lots more ignorant comments out there.BTW, 16500 is 0.005% of the population. However, if you want fewer numbers of murders, you can always ban all guns. Our gun homicide rate was 3.72/100000 in 1999. Ireland (with much more restrictive gun laws) was 0.03/100000. I am sure that is exactly where you wanted this to go, right?

I didn't say anything about owning a gun. I just said it was a scare tactic to buy a stupid product. You have no knowledge of how many guns I own, nor will I post that information on a public forum. Also, it is 16500 people murdered by all means in all places. Home invasions are probably 1% - that is 165 people. My point is that is an insignificantly small number compared to other threats that are around us. You are also assuming I have no friends or family members who have been murdered, which is not true. Way to go.
Good use of multiple exclamation points to make your point; as well as the hope that I am a murder victim. Way to use irony to such good effect.
By all means, spend your $40 on that fine product. I am sure you will feel safer.

"You need to read the site more. There are lots more ignorant comments out there." HAHAHA!!(There's another ! for ya, I guess I kinda think they're swell ;) "However, if you want fewer numbers of murders, you can always ban all guns." Hahaha!

"Yeah, you could look at some country in the middle of nowhere, and pull some more statistics that have absolutely nothing to do with this county. How bout you look at the states n "this country" that have the strictest gun laws and how they also have the highest gun related crime rates in the country.

Oh and on doing a better job reading,,,, I never said even 1 thing about you owning guns, I just said that I'll be cleaning mine. So congrats on owning a bunch of guns, too bad there isn't a cookie emoticon that I could give you. Nope, I looked again, sorry:(

Last 2 things... I would think that if you lost somebody close that you would think a little different, and very sorry for your loss, by the way. Lastly regarding "Oh, and I wouldn't wish you any harm, of course! It was just a figure of speech." So 1 more time, I would never actually wish for you to be murdered, it was a "figure of speech" and I do apologize if you took it differently than was intended and obviously stated.

RajunCajun
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Rage much? Oh nevermind, I get it.

Nahhh, no rage, just shocked a bit....