PDA

View Full Version : New snowboard?

Wyck
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Ok so I'm brand new to snowboarding been 4 times but am totally hooked. I am still horrible and switching boards each time I rent is throwing off my learning curve. There are some killer deals right now so I am trying to decide which of these two boards to buy. They are both %50 off bringing them to $150 each. The 149 Burton feather is a beginner women's all mountain board and the 147 Ride rapture is a beginner women's freestyle board. I have been mostly riding a 145 mens burton cruzer as my rental but last time rode a 147 ride fever that I was definitely not ready for as it was waay to easy to catch an edge. Let me know what you think and why.

Mother Goose
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Ok so I'm brand new to snowboarding been 4 times but am totally hooked. I am still horrible and switching boards each time I rent is throwing off my learning curve. There are some killer deals right now so I am trying to decide which of these two boards to buy. They are both %50 off bringing them to $150 each. The 149 Burton feather is a beginner women's all mountain board and the 147 Ride rapture is a beginner women's freestyle board. I have been mostly riding a 145 mens burton cruzer as my rental but last time rode a 147 ride fever that I was definitely not ready for as it was waay to easy to catch an edge. Let me know what you think and why.
I say the Feather. I love Burton boards and I think an all-mountain is good for a beginner, won't be as "titchy" as a freestyle board.

Matty
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Wyck.... send me a PM with your number and i'll give ya some advice. I'm a rep in the snowboard industry.

Panman06
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM
What type of riding will you be doing? (or a majority) Starting out on a taller board will provide more stability at speed, but harder to turn. Shorter boards can be tossed around but require skill at speed.

My recommendation for you (since you've been 4 times) is to stick with the Feather. The all mountain board will carry you through most of the runs (groomed) in CO.

Big-J
I don't know much about either on of those boards, but you should get a freestyle board, best choice for a beginner like yourself.
As far as brand goes, get whatever looks good to you, you won't notice any difference in the way it rides. :headbang:

salsashark
Burton sucks...

and no, I have no scientific evidence to support my claims, I just don't like 'em!

Matty
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
i'll give ya a call tonite.

I know about both the boards you're looking at so i'll help you choose.

bulldog
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Unity or Never Summer!!! Oh wait those weren't choices...I's go with the 147 Freestyle; probably better for a begginer.

Captain Obvious
Wed Mar 4th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Wyck.... send me a PM with your number and i'll give ya some advice. I'm a rep in the snowboard industry.

He helped me out. He couldn't find a cheap pink board that was a 164, but I like the board I ended up with.