PDA

View Full Version : My new ride!

Ricky
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Just had to share my new purchase :D

I didn't even have my brand new Lancer a year, and I went and traded it in last night for this:

2008 EvoX MR
http://www.technofamily.net/crap/ricky/evo/my_evox_small.jpg

STOKED!!!

LambeauXLIV
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 10:23 AM
(whiny kid voice) my bike's faster!

but seriously, it looks nice!

DevilsTonic
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Beautiful car!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Sweet looking ride! Now, get rid of that front plate holder.

Ricky
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Sweet looking ride! Now, get rid of that front plate holder.

That's exactly what my boss said... Although, he's got a vette w/o its front plate, and just a week ago got a ticket from a fucking meter maid for no front plate. How gay is that?

DK74
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:10 AM
she's a beauty!!

asp_125
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
bada$$ - 'cept for that plate holder ;) :slappers:

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
That's exactly what my boss said... Although, he's got a vette w/o its front plate, and just a week ago got a ticket from a fucking meter maid for no front plate. How gay is that?

Well, it is the law.....

Ceez
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Congrats on the new ride!

willb003
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
That should be fun in the curves

~Barn~
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Cool car. Very slick!

lightspeed
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Nice ride for a cage.:cool: Ride or die!!:rock:

Mother Goose
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Put your front plate in the window, that's legal. :up:

Nice choice! I didn't know the MR was out already.

asp_125
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 12:22 PM
put a JDM spec plate on it, that'll make it un-ghey.

Matty
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Awh... now you, Cory, and Jay can cruise together!!! Mine's still faster, Hahaha.

Nice car.

Ricky
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Well, it is the law.....

Yes, but that law is GAY! :lol:

~Barn~
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Put your front plate in the window, that's legal. :up:

Actually, I don't think it is. There are requirements for the plate being no more than X inches from the surface of the road, or something to that affect.
:dunno:

AirAssault
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Well concidering in the state of Colorado you have to have a front plate... Not very gay at all unless your talking about your boss breaking the law.

Mother Goose
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Actually, I don't think it is. There are requirements for the plate being no more than X inches from the surface of the road, or something to that affect.
:dunno:
That's not what the Lakehood PD told me. I got a ticket for parking downtown "with no front license". Found the meter lady and told her it's in my windshield and she voided the ticket.

Firestorm1117
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Very sexy car!

XJ600s
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I've got a friend who mounts his front license plate on the roof rack of his truck. Mainly because he has a steel tubed front bumper, but he looked into the details before he did it and it was legal. I think it just has to be visible from the front of the car.

Well after a little searching I couldn't find it on the DMV site, but found this on a wiki-answer type webpage:

"Any motor vehicle owned by a Colorado resident cannot be parked or driven on a public street or highway unless it is properly registered in Colorado and displays Colorado license plates. If you own a motor vehicle, you must register the vehicle in the county in which you live. (See the county office locations in the Service Center Guide.) The signed registration card must be carried in the vehicle or in the possession of the operator whenever the vehicle is being operated. The license plates must be fastened horizontally, in a manner to prevent swinging, at a height of at least 12 inches from the ground. They must be clearly visible and kept clean and legible. Vehicles (http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/404935#) must have plates attached to both the front and rear of the vehicle."

Posted up on September 19, 2007 so maybe its outdated.

But, nice lookin car! And that license plate seems lower than 12 inches, you should get rid of it! :lol:

thatmofo
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Although I'm a bigger fan of the Evo 9, having an Evo period is an awesome thing. Screw the front plate. I never had one on my Evo and I never got a ticket for it.

Slo
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I would not remove it unless you want holes in your bumper or are satisfied with some plugs?

Congrats on the new cage!!!!

UnoMOTO
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
very nice!

YZFRydn
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 10:49 AM
(whiny kid voice) my bike's faster!

but seriously, it looks nice!

Thought the same thing lol

Nice car. I was looking into getting one of those...but, having something fast on 4 wheels and 2 wheels is just asking for trouble. Decided to stick with an Xterra instead.

*TNT*
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 01:30 AM
It's sad but true: If a cop wants to fuck with you they will probably pull something out of their arses, being legal or not.....it sux!!!!!

d3spair
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Should've gotten a IX MR.. lolol Flappy paddle is gay sorry :(

drumngrant
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Oh you should'nt have.....That car is so sexy. How fast is it? Bike is still faster I got money on it.

Slo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Oh you should'nt have.....That car is so sexy. How fast is it? Bike is still faster I got money on it.

Theres a few EVO's around Denver and surrounding areas that are faster than any mildly modded bike let alone a 600cc bike...so any car has potential.

Matty
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Theres a few EVO's around Denver and surrounding areas that are faster than any mildly modded bike let alone a 600cc bike...so any car has potential.
That and the EVO and STi's are faster in the tight twisties than most bikes.

Slo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 08:27 AM
That and the EVO and STi's are faster in the tight twisties than most riders.

Fixed it haha....

Matty
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Fixed it haha....
i'm still waking up so my grammer isn't on par quite yet. lol.

sugarrey
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Thats a nice ride bro, and take it from someone who knows. You need a front plate. I have received over 10 tickets in my lifetime for no front plate. Mustangs, corvettes and camaros dont like good with them, but if a cop wants to be a dick, he's gonna be a dick. Another truth is that if you drive a nicer car than the cop, your gonna get pulled over cuz he's pissed!!! Full Grown Bear might have something to say about that (since he's one of the good guys).

Another thing, me and my boyz have met up with a few cars on the street that can run. But there was one day we came up on a supra that was built. And they were running 600's and I was running my R1 and we couldn't keep up (in a straight line).....It was the sickest thing I ever seen....Fun but sick!

Ricky
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Should've gotten a IX MR.. lolol Flappy paddle is gay sorry :(

Have you actually driven it? You say the paddles are gay, until I shift in 1/4 the time you can in a regular manual... Besides, it's a dual clutch transmission with the evens on one clutch, and the odds on another clutch plate. It's a wet system, and it can be driven as automatic or stick with the paddles, or shifted from the shifter like any other auto-stick car. Only difference is, this car absolutely does not act like an automatic when it's in manual mode. It has the drive train tightness of a manual since there is no torque converter. The paddles are simply an additional option. Also, not having to take my hands off the wheel to shift FTW. Plus I have the option of driving it as an automatic if I want to... Besides my bike is of course manual, and so is my truck. Nice to have an auto.

Ricky
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:10 PM
That and the EVO and STi's are faster in the tight twisties than most bikes.

Stock evo can pull .98g in a corner. This one is lowered a tad, so I was told by the dealer. It's also pretty obvious next to another evo. So who knows what it's capable of. All I can tell you is that I've rounded a few small corners I would never even dream of going that fast around on my bike :lol:

Slo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Do you plan on taking it to a road course? If so, let me know how it does under extremely hard braking while downshifting and such.....

Matty
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Stock evo can pull .98g in a corner. This one is lowered a tad, so I was told by the dealer. It's also pretty obvious next to another evo. So who knows what it's capable of. All I can tell you is that I've rounded a few small corners I would never even dream of going that fast around on my bike :lol:Ya i took my 'o8 STi through deer creek and almost shit.

Ricky
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:16 PM

I haven't timed the 0-60 yet, but I plan on doing it on camera so that I can get a realistic time. It's supposed to be able do it around 5sec. 295hp (~255whp) stock, and there's a lot of people who have reported 100hp over stock just changing a few things around on the car.

After a few days of driving it around, it's a LOT of fun, however, gas mileage really sucks! The other day it was saying my avg for the drive was around 11mpg, lol. Today, more like 15mpg.

Ricky
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Do you plan on taking it to a road course? If so, let me know how it does under extremely hard braking while downshifting and such.....

It'd sure be cool to do. It's got a couple of different transmission modes outside of the manual mode. One where it'll keep the rpms up until redline, and will auto downshift as soon as it's safe to put you about 1k below redline. Downshifting is all handled by the computer whether it's manual or automatic. In sport modes, downshifting always pushes the throttle up so that it matches tranny rpms before engaging the clutch again. It will never create friction on the clutch plates on a down shift. The brakes are Brembo, and wow are they ever touchy. I've given em a few good slams to a stop and they are quite effective.

Slo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
It'd sure be cool to do. It's got a couple of different transmission modes outside of the manual mode. One where it'll keep the rpms up until redline, and will auto downshift as soon as it's safe to put you about 1k below redline. Downshifting is all handled by the computer whether it's manual or automatic. In sport modes, downshifting always pushes the throttle up so that it matches tranny rpms before engaging the clutch again. It will never create friction on the clutch plates on a down shift. The brakes are Brembo, and wow are they ever touchy. I've given em a few good slams to a stop and they are quite effective.

Ummmm, yeah, I have an EVO X, came from a well modded suspensioned IX also along with a long slew of modded cars...

Just throwing on springs might lower the center of gravity, but doesn't necessarily improve handling, many times taking away from it. Takes a lot of work and money to really make a better handling EVO than stock.

Also, you will not put out no where near 255 at the wheels up at this altitude with all factory parts.

Ricky
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Ummmm, yeah, I have an EVO X, came from a well modded suspensioned IX also along with a long slew of modded cars...

Just throwing on springs might lower the center of gravity, but doesn't necessarily improve handling, many times taking away from it. Takes a lot of work and money to really make a better handling EVO than stock.

Also, you will not put out no where near 255 at the wheels up at this altitude with all factory parts.

oh I know it won't push that to the wheels here, those are just the stock facts...

You got an MR or GSR?

Slo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Got an GSR, so did Spy007 (corey). I go by slo4g63 on some forums I been on for a couple years and slo4b11 on newer ones.

Heres a pic of the IX at PMP:

Ricky
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Sweeeeet. The only evo forum I post on is evolutionm.net. I've been postng there since I bought the lancer last year.

Slo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Nice, yeah lots of good info on there..... Congrats on the awesome purchase again...

Ricky
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks yo!! Funny, I actually think I remember seeing that car once over here at starbucks last summer.

Slo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 03:02 PM
yup ;)