PDA

View Full Version : R2SL Volunteer Meeting, Mar 18th!

rforsythe
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:30 AM
It's that time again, time to get busy making the 2009 event a reality! The event is scheduled for July 3-5 at Miller Motorsports Park, and we'll need help for that. We also need a lot of help before we even get there to make it a reality.

Our first volunteer meeting is scheduled for March 18th at 6:30pm, at the Fay Myers clubhouse room. Whether you know you want to help, or aren't quite sure yet, come on down and learn more about it! This will be our 6th year running making a difference in the lives of kids in need, and we need your help to do it!

Fay Myers is located at Arapahoe Rd and Dayton, about 1/2 mile east of I-25. The clubhouse is on the second floor; you will see a door on the outside of the building right below it.

Please pass this along to anyone else you know who might want to come help out as well.

See you there!

eklew
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Nice, I will see you there. For anyone who has any questions or concerns about the volunteer process, feel free to pm me as this will be my 3rd year volunteering for this event, or just show up and find out more about this great event.

Sean
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm in for sure. I'll do my best to be at the meeting.

This year I'm gonna pass your ass Elden.
(on the straight when your doing your cooldown lap)

+1 for questions. Last year was my 1st year with R2SL and it was a blast. Great cause, great people and great track! :up:

500rgurl
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I'll be there! Also my 3rd year volunteering for this event!!!

bodhizafa
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I'd like to do this, this year. Sounds like a good time. How do you sign up?

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM
So what is all this about?

konichd
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
^^Helping kids and riding bikes :) I'll be there

http://www.racing2savelives.org/

rybo
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Racing 2 Save Lives is a children's charity that uses a fantastic 3 day trackday event at Miller motorsports park over the 4th of july to raise money for worthy causes across Colorado and Utah.

We are riding July 3,4 and 5 at Miller this year as well as staging a 4 hour endurance race on July 4th and having a cool firework enhanced BBQ that evening.

The entire operation is run by volunteers. Even at the board of directors level, no one is getting paid. We really need a lot of volunteer help to make the event run well.

This first meeting is the "getting to know you" part of the process. We get together and let you know what we are all about and what we hope to accomplish. You decide if it's something you can commit to. We need help in all kinds of different ways, everything from collecting donations from shops and businesses to fill our silent auction to managing a track entry point at the event and doing announcements from the booth over the PA.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

Scott

rforsythe
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Racing 2 Save Lives is a charity organization which raises money through track days for children in need. This will be our sixth year running, with our '09 event at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah (the site of the US SBK round).

I'd like to do this, this year. Sounds like a good time. How do you sign up?

I'm working on getting online registration live as we speak. If not today then this weekend for sure.

http://www.racing2savelives.org

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I would like to help, no job means lot's of time.. It's not looking good for me being in CO by July :(, but could volunteer in the meantime.

Sean
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 02:30 PM
It's about awesomeness....supreme awesomeness :rock:

eklew
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 05:09 PM
It's about awesomeness....supreme awesomeness :rock:

Hell yeah!!!! You can pass Paulie this year hahahaha!!!!!!

CurtisRR
Fri Mar 6th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Count me in to volunteer and I will try to make the meeting.

apex
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I'm there! I've benn there before and I'm ready to do it again. Hey CurtissRR, may I ride south with you?

cheyenneyamaha.com

CurtisRR
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I'm there! I've benn there before and I'm ready to do it again. Hey CurtissRR, may I ride south with you?

cheyenneyamaha.com

I will have to get back with you, I believe already full but one was a maybe.

nattynoo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Can't make it to the meeting but I am definitely interested in volunteering!!!

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
^^ What she said!!!

rforsythe
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I'll post later meeting dates as they're scheduled, next one will be mid-April.

mforza
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Hope I can make it for the meeting.
Allready signed up for July:)

Is there a way to change the sessions on the website? I signed up for saturday and sunday but can't ride on sunday. Can I change it somehow and sign up for 2 sessions on saturday?

PsychoMike
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I will make it to the meeting as well.

500rgurl
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hope I can make it for the meeting.
Allready signed up for July:)

Is there a way to change the sessions on the website? I signed up for saturday and sunday but can't ride on sunday. Can I change it somehow and sign up for 2 sessions on saturday?

We can get the sessions corrected at the event the day you go through registration!

mforza
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Thx Jen:)

Sean
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Bump, don't forget this is tomorrow!!!!!!

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Can't make it to the meeting but I am definitely interested in volunteering!!!

+1

500rgurl
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 10:49 AM
So Who is coming tomorrow? Anyone want to hit up Boston's after the meeting? :)

mforza
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
If someone wish to donate by check they write the check to R2SL?
Or do they write something else on it?

rforsythe
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Yep, just write it to Racing 2 Save Lives or R2SL, either is fine.

Thanks!

Sean
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
How long is this going to be? Any ideas? Just cause I teach till 5:30, and will leave about 5:45. Should take me 45 min to get there (unless I hit bad traffic).

rforsythe
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Not sure. Probably at least a couple hours.

Sean
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Way to fine tune those details, Ralph :slappers:

I'll be there but I'll be a little late.

Sean
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Got a traffic question. Living in the Republic, I don't get down to Denver to often, so:
Is it better for me to take HWY93 - I470 at 5:30-6:30 or is traffic on I25 through Denver doable? Thanks!

Sully
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
ooohh... either way, traffic will suck... maybe someone can shed more light on it for you. I did ride C470 during rush hour a few weeks ago and it was stop and go at I-70 and the C470 exchange.. I wonder if taking 36 to E470 would work... :dunno:... you would have tolls to pay :(... and may not get you close enough to Fay's...

Sean
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
ooohh... either way, traffic will suck... maybe someone can shed more light on it for you. I did ride C470 during rush hour a few weeks ago and it was stop and go at I-70 and the C470 exchange.. I wonder if taking 36 to E470 would work... :dunno:... you would have tolls to pay :(... and may not get you close enough to Fay's...Yeah, I guess I meant C470. Taking E470 would really be out of the way. If there were only 2 spots of stop and go, it might not be that bad :dunno: I've just I25 during that time sucks pretty bad.

Sully
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 11:31 AM
You could take 93 into Golden and then take 6th to I-25 South ?

pauliep
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Man! can't make it tonight but you can count me in this year.

Sean
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Man! can't make it tonight but you can count me in this year.Lame! You can visit the hookers on Colfax anytime, just show up.

CurtisRR
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Anyone that is coming tonight I will have raffle tickets for sale for the Aaron Clarke benefit drawing put on by Colorado Sportbike Rentals and Chicane Trackdays.

Yet another reason to come out check what R2SL is all about and support another cause all at the same time.

Sean
Thu Mar 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Good to see all of you yahoo's again. Sounds like it's going to be another really fun year! Plus it was nice to see some new faces, hope you guys will join in the fun.

If anybody was unable to make it but wants the info we discussed last night, feel free to get a hold of me. I'd be happy to fill ya in.

3 days of riding Miller FTW!!!!!!!! :rock: