PDA

View Full Version : Bring it!!!

mtnairlover
Sat Mar 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Spring, Summer, Fall...c'mon guys...let's ride!!!

Baby's got new shoes...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/newshoes.jpg

...and I'm itchin' to make those chicken strips disappear...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/chickenstrips.jpg

The Zed's ready for pure ridin pleasure!:hump:

Many thanks to Bruce and the guys at MotoAdventure.

busagirl
Sat Mar 7th, 2009, 03:32 AM
i dunno but sounds like a challenge to me..... ;)

daemon
Sat Mar 7th, 2009, 06:51 AM
cool cathy!
what type of tire did you get?
can't quite tell.

and hell yeah. bruce is the hook-up man for tread.
great guy

mtnairlover
Sat Mar 7th, 2009, 07:13 AM
i dunno but sounds like a challenge to me..... ;)

Ha...yeah...I be a big ol' whimp. I'm challenging the weather, my job, time...all the things that get in the way of enjoying the freedom of the ride.

and hell yeah. bruce is the hook-up man for tread.
great guy

I got tires that I trust and feel comfortable on...I got the Avon Storm STs. Bought them on BikeBandit. The Zed's got 16,356 miles on it and needed the 15k service. I haven't been to MotoAdventure before and thought I'd use the opportunity to go check 'em out. I'm happy with my bike and happy to report nothing was in dire need of repair. Everything checked out fine, including the valves.

The Zed's ready for another wonderful season. Now, I just gotta get myself ready...lol.

asp_125
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 12:09 AM
New shoes! Wait a week, I'm getting a new front on the Gixx. Then we'll have a chicken strip removal party!

mtnairlover
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 07:41 AM
New shoes! Wait a week, I'm getting a new front on the Gixx. Then we'll have a chicken strip removal party!

Nice!!! I'm just hoping the weather clears again in time for the weekend. I spent this past weekend holed up at home getting some work done...damn.:( I'll be ready for a good ride.

Sean
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Look at those chix strips....nooooooooooob :lol:

mtnairlover
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Look at those chix strips....nooooooooooob :lol:

You got that right sunshine!!!:D

I don't know how many times I've gotten new tires and heard the same story about a guy who took off out of the shop parking lot only to biff it immediately, cuz of new tires...and each shop I've been to has had the same story.

Shoulda seen me puttin' away from the shop that night...cold and new tires, cold road...yeah, I was not about to do anything drastic for fear of making more rash marks along my plastics.:shocked:

Can't wait for the warm up and longer rides...woohoo! These tires can take everything I dish out to them.

Knuckle Dragger
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Must be the thing just put on new Perrelli Diablo Rossi on the busa been out a couple of times love em

YZFRydn
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 10:41 PM
You got that right sunshine!!!:D

I don't know how many times I've gotten new tires and heard the same story about a guy who took off out of the shop parking lot only to biff it immediately, cuz of new tires...and each shop I've been to has had the same story.

Shoulda seen me puttin' away from the shop that night...cold and new tires, cold road...yeah, I was not about to do anything drastic for fear of making more rash marks along my plastics.:shocked:

Can't wait for the warm up and longer rides...woohoo! These tires can take everything I dish out to them.

Guy down the street from me out in LA bought a brand new R1, went around a corner in the neighborhood, goosed it and put his unprotected head into a pole. Dead.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Must be the thing just put on new Perrelli Diablo Rossi on the busa been out a couple of times love em

I think I've gotten new tires in March for the past couple of seasons...oh and have done the bike service thing at the same time, too. It seems I put on right around 8000 miles per year. One of these years, I'd like that number to happen in a very short while...like in a month, cuz I want to do a very long trip.

Guy down the street from me out in LA bought a brand new R1, went around a corner in the neighborhood, goosed it and put his unprotected head into a pole. Dead.

:shocked: Awe man, that's really sad.

Matty
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I got new shoes as well. Corsa IIIs. But please let me just get a couple more powder days up on the slopes and then we can have summer time!!!

That, and my bike needs a new oil pan, and i plan on doing a couple other mods to it over the next couple of weeks.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 07:50 AM
You better get your powder play done this weekend, then. Take a look at what's coming next week...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/stpattysweather.jpg

I've got a couple of other mods myself. A couple are quite functional/practical. Then there are a couple of mods that'll just be for looks. I think I'll hold off on spending on those until the practical stuff is taken care of first.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 08:03 AM

I'm game!!:hump:

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 08:07 AM
[quote=mtnairlover;419453]You got that right sunshine!!!:D

Same thing happened to me, took 2 bikes to TFOGS, new rears on both bikes, just as soon as my friend gets on the highway in front of my house, back end slids out and he high-sided his bike!!
Looking for new plastics for 07 honda 1000R now!!!
(No, i wasnt there, yes I told him)

Matty
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 08:08 AM
You better get your powder play done this weekend, then. Take a look at what's coming next week...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/stpattysweather.jpg

Damn............ :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Unless we get some more snow up in the mountains, i think i'm going to cut back my boarding to maybe once or twice a week.

I've got a couple of other mods myself. A couple are quite functional/practical. Then there are a couple of mods that'll just be for looks. I think I'll hold off on spending on those until the practical stuff is taken care of first.

Ya my mods are somewhat practical. And a few for show and comfort. I just need a lil change.

UnoMOTO
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I've gotz a new mod to try out myself. :yumyum:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5856/03060908342.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03060908342.jpg)