PDA

View Full Version : Arizona bike week

9rrider
Sat Mar 7th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Anyone heading to Arizona bike week at the end of march, first part of april. Sounds like cool stuff going on.

RajunCajun
Sat Mar 7th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I'd FREAKIN LOVE TO, but alas, noooo $$$$!!!

Brat
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
how much you figure itd take to get down there? hmmmm....

9rrider
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Not sure how much it would take to go to arizona. I know that its 826 miles from pueblo, going south on I25. Figure getting a cheap room, the lowest I have found are 60-70 dollars a night. Food and gas, if you ride down, I'm figuring $400 if you could keep it on the low side. Maybe a little more for gas as they are supposed to be having shows all over arizona that week. I will probaly make my reservations to night. Still need to get riding boots, and saddle bags for my 9er.

RajunCajun
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Check out this thread, I think it's basically the same as what you r talking about. It's not so much all over AZ, but pretty localized to a couple spots and this is the biggest one, by far.... Riding down will suck pretty bad most of the way, I made the drive when I moved here from Tucson. Anyway, check out the thread, it'll answer some question if you haven't already seen it...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29402&highlight=arizona

Firestorm1117
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hey man I'm from pueblo too n if there are a few bikes makin the ride I wouldnt mind signing up!

Ceez
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Yea, I was going to make this trip with a couple of friends but its not in the budget now:(
I know they are trailering up a couple of stretched bikes out there to show...so if anyone goes down there and runs into the guys from Mile High Polishing, tell them whats up, they are really cool guys.

9rrider
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Hey man I'm from pueblo too n if there are a few bikes makin the ride I wouldnt mind signing up!

I don't know if there are any other bikes going from pueblo. There is a fairly big sportbike contingent here, but I have never rode with them, unfortunately, I think its because I am a social misfit, no bad reflection on them. I have been tossing around the idea of going but I would be riding by myself if I go. My girlfriend hates to ride on motorcycles. :( Needless to say, she is not real happy about me going on my own. :(Come to think of it neither is my mom. :( Luckily there still seem to be plently of hotel rooms to be had. I will need to make up my mind by Thursday March 12th so I can get they few other items I need to take with me, saddle bags, riding boots and maybe new gloves.

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 01:19 PM
<snip>...826 miles from pueblo, going south on I25...

800 miles each way in a straight line on a sportbike. Ouch. :cry:

Jason ON
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM
That's why you get some Charmin and stuff your pants. :D

Seriously, though, it might not be that bad. I did more than that on my SV.

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 01:50 PM
On my RC51 it would be torture...

Firestorm1117
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I don't know if there are any other bikes going from pueblo. There is a fairly big sportbike contingent here, but I have never rode with them, unfortunately, I think its because I am a social misfit, no bad reflection on them. I have been tossing around the idea of going but I would be riding by myself if I go. My girlfriend hates to ride on motorcycles. :( Needless to say, she is not real happy about me going on my own. :(Come to think of it neither is my mom. :( Luckily there still seem to be plently of hotel rooms to be had. I will need to make up my mind by Thursday March 12th so I can get they few other items I need to take with me, saddle bags, riding boots and maybe new gloves.

Dont worry,ur not a misfit. There is that huge group of riders here in town but I dont ride with them either. Dont get along too well with a few of em.lol So if you ever want to ride u should hit me up. My name is Adam by the way n my numbber is (719) 557-0088. Now back to the matter at hand,that would be a hell of a ride. It would be nice to trailer em down,but I dont have a good trailer at the moment.... I must say that my parentals wouldnt be to happy with the idea either.lol

Dietrich_R1
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Not to be a buzz bill... I live down here & have never found any interest to participate in Bike Week. Shouldn't matter, but it's a LOT of Harley's & cruizer's & posers.

Now if you're gonna come down... Let me know!

9rrider
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Dont worry,ur not a misfit. There is that huge group of riders here in town but I dont ride with them either. Dont get along too well with a few of em.lol So if you ever want to ride u should hit me up. My name is Adam by the way n my numbber is (719) 557-0088. Now back to the matter at hand,that would be a hell of a ride. It would be nice to trailer em down,but I dont have a good trailer at the moment.... I must say that my parentals wouldnt be to happy with the idea either.lol

Sorry couldn't answer right away Adam, my computer crashed and I just got it back right now. That sounds great. Have you been doing any riding yet, for me just when it gets up to 50° an up. Guess I am not going to arizona, spent too much time procrastinating. My boots are still coming in and all.

9rrider
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Not to be a buzz bill... I live down here & have never found any interest to participate in Bike Week. Shouldn't matter, but it's a LOT of Harley's & cruizer's & posers.

Now if you're gonna come down... Let me know!

Hmmm, I emailed one of the people on the Arizona bike week web sight and he said there was a bunch of catagories and this included several sportbike catagories. Although I looked at the pics of last years bike week and only saw 3 or 4 sportbike pics. :(

Firestorm1117
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry couldn't answer right away Adam, my computer crashed and I just got it back right now. That sounds great. Have you been doing any riding yet, for me just when it gets up to 50° an up. Guess I am not going to arizona, spent too much time procrastinating. My boots are still coming in and all.

It's cool man. I'm out anytime its over 50° as well. Its been pretty nice up until this week so I was always out. Its supposed to be nice starting tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be out. Just hit me up if you wanna go out. Yeah I shouldnt spend the money to go either...lol