PDA

View Full Version : I CAN SNOWBOARD!!!!!

Captain Obvious
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM
As those of you who I have been to the mtns with know, I could mostly turn left and couldn't really get toe-side.

My fiance and I went to Breck this weekend and we took lessons. Little coaching and what not, toe-side clicked and shortly after I had the ah-ha moment on linking turns. Got some tips on how to make turns easier and the fear of speed went away (not as scared when I was able to turn left and right to avoid obstacles). I am still slow but am infinitely faster than I was last time I went and watched some of you clowns pass me 2 or 3 times on one run.

Definitely worth the money. Just wanted to share. And she said she enjoyed her lesson and wants to go again to get better.

Who wants to go boarding this weekend?

Matty
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM
rite on.

kalibra
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Let's go this weekend John.I assume your toe is better by now?I had that a while back and they hurt like a biatch and it can last too.Glad to hear you made progress.Let's hit the slopes this weekend.

Captain Obvious
Sun Mar 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Yes, toes are better. :) Both big toes are black under the nails, but the inserts I got (and perhaps riding better) seem to have resolved the issue.

Waiting on the boss's schedule to see when/if she can go, but I want to if possible.

Wyck
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Sounds like you and I are at the same level. I have taken 3 half day lessons but didn't progress last time up due to bad board rental choice and going with someone else meaning going on runs I wasn't really ready for.

Yesterday I had a breakthrough though. Near the end of the day I managed to get one whole long run in linking almost all my turns with only one little spill. I'm planning on going up to Copper again Sunday the 15th if all goes as planned. :)

Oh and my birthday present to myself should be arriving tomorrow!!!! Got to break in the new gear!!!! :D

Devaclis
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Awesome. What a great sport. You are gonna love it! Your checkbook is gonna hate it :)

Wyck
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 09:37 AM
You aren't kidding Dana!!! All told with the new equipment added in I think I have spent about $1200. But now that I'm finally getting better I'm having a blast and it was totally worth it :D

Big-J
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Nice, glad you're getting the hang of it! The better you get the more you're going to love it!

It's only expensive at the begining, once you have your gear all you have to do is pay for a pass, and if you go enough it's cheap.

Matty
Mon Mar 9th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Your checkbook is gonna hate it :)
Not all of ours!!! LOL.